Windows 10: Non Stop BSOD with the latest 20H2 updates.

Discus and support Non Stop BSOD with the latest 20H2 updates. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I keep my windows up to date so whatever updates came out in the past week have been consistently causing BSOD with the stop code:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chuck90025, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Non Stop BSOD with the latest 20H2 updates.

Hello everyone,

I keep my windows up to date so whatever updates came out in the past week have been consistently causing BSOD with the stop code: Memory Management. Can somebody figure out what is wrong?

Laptop specs: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/JO1fMl1n7KXlwZgqrIluogY

Dump files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/181GbMtg9qW1jup9lX3JuBbX-4fcsKlsJ/view?usp=sharing

:)

Chuck90025, Dec 12, 2020
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    Non Stop BSOD with the latest 20H2 updates. [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Update 20h2

Hi Wicki,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

20H2 should not be installed right-away on your device - MS said the rollout is only to a fraction of users and would be labeled as an optional update initially. Are you enrolled in WIP?

You may uninstall 20H2 using the steps below:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2020/10/uninst...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Dec 12, 2020
  4. dabour Win User

Non Stop BSOD with the latest 20H2 updates.

Built in device failure prevent windows 10 update to 20H2

I managed to update to Windows 20H2 successfully, tried to use Ztruker’s suggestion using PowerShell during restart but no go. So I stopped using Windows 10 Update Assistant and tried the other one he gave me using the ISO image and it succeeded.

I’ll list what I did in case it helps someone:
    • Stopped Windows Update from downloading and installing drivers for the dead AMD card in Group Policy like this:
      Go to the section Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Device Installation -> Device Installation Restrictions. Enable the policy “Prevent installation of devices that match any of these device IDs”.
    • Used Microsoft Media Creation Tool to download the latest Windows (20H2).
    • Disconnect from the internet to prevent downloading update or drivers.
    • Mounted the ISO image, opened it and run Setup from within Windows.

This way prevented the downloading of a driver for the AMD card and made the update finish successfully.
    When the update finished and desktop opened, I went to the Device Manager and the card wasn’t there and to Group Policy to check on device driver roll and it was there. Also all my apps and files were intact.

I wish to thank Ztruker and Try3 for helping me I appreciate it guys very much.

dabour, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

Non Stop BSOD with the latest 20H2 updates.

1. Non Stop BSOD with the latest 20H2 updates. - Similar Threads - Non Stop BSOD

2. Non stop BSOD Cause With different errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non stop BSOD Cause With different errors: Hi, i have been gedding non stop bsod error while gaming/browsing web, Please help me solve it. I will uplode mini dump files with latest beeing ntkrnlmp.exe4 Items https://1drv.ms/f/s!AiciHkEywwS_gx4TiWwEp9-mphTk?e=txb4xY...
  3. Non-Stop BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non-Stop BSOD: All day today my Microsoft Surface Laptop has blue screened with different error codes see below. My computer shows it has the latest update as well as latest drivers. Nothing has been installed recently, however some security definitions have been installed everyday the last...
  4. Non-Stop BSOD

Non-Stop BSOD: All day today my Microsoft Surface Laptop has blue screened with different error codes see below. My computer shows it has the latest update as well as latest drivers. Nothing has been installed recently, however some security definitions have been installed everyday the last...
  5. Non-Stop BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Non stop BSoD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non stop BSoD: Whenever I bootup my pc, and wait for 3-4 mins, it BSoD error, it says Memory Management.. idk what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/non-stop-bsod/9b95857a-1503-4822-a9f8-feb9a40d3599
  7. Non stop BSoD

Non stop BSoD: Whenever I bootup my pc, and wait for 3-4 mins, it BSoD error, it says Memory Management.. idk what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/non-stop-bsod/9b95857a-1503-4822-a9f8-feb9a40d3599
  8. Non stop BSoD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Non Stop BSOD with the latest 20H2 updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Non Stop BSOD with the latest 20H2 updates.: I am encounring Memory Management BSOD issues when upgradomg to Windows 20H2On windows update history I am seeing the following information is old for some reasonFailed to install on ‎3/‎28/‎2021 - 0x80242016...
  10. Unable to update windows to latest version 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to update windows to latest version 20H2: check for updates don't show any new updates did troubleshoot windows update, it couldn't find anything wrong tried running windows 10 update assistant, it states that this pc can't be upgraded to the latest version pc is hp 440 G4 anything i can try here ? [ATTACH]...