Windows 10: non store app suddenly won't run

Discus and support non store app suddenly won't run in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a non store app which updates every day and I have used it every day for years. It suddenly wouldnt open so got updated app from company and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by alextarvit, Dec 21, 2020.

1. non store app suddenly won't run

I have a non store app which updates every day and I have used it every day for years. It suddenly wouldnt open so got updated app from company and still same problem, it tries to initialise for10-15 seconds then closes.

:)

alextarvit, Dec 21, 2020

2. Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

Hi H. G.,

The possible reason why Update apps automatically turn back on is that the Store app is running in the background. We suggest that you turn off the Store app. This way, it won't receive any updates or send notifications unless opened or turned on
    manually.

To turn off Store app, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo, then go to Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Background apps.
    • On the list, locate Store and toggle it off.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 21, 2020
  3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 21, 2020
  4. tops Win User

non store app suddenly won't run

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

non store app suddenly won't run

1. non store app suddenly won't run - Similar Threads - non store app

2. Non Microsoft app store will not run on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non Microsoft app store will not run on Windows 11: Installed a game from GOG and it will not start everything I've read say I should have "App"s and Features" but I do not have that option.tried uploading screenshots but get failed to upload message...
  3. Non Microsoft app store will not run on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non Microsoft app store will not run on Windows 11: Installed a game from GOG and it will not start everything I've read say I should have "App"s and Features" but I do not have that option.tried uploading screenshots but get failed to upload message...
  4. Microsoft store won't run certain apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store won't run certain apps.: I have just recently replaced my hard drive and migrated my minecraft account to microsoft. Which means I need to install the launcher and I own a copy of the game but when I go to play the launcher it says "Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make...
  5. Microsoft store won't run certain apps.

Microsoft store won't run certain apps.: I have just recently replaced my hard drive and migrated my minecraft account to microsoft. Which means I need to install the launcher and I own a copy of the game but when I go to play the launcher it says "Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make...
  6. non app program is blocked by microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    non app program is blocked by microsoft store: why is it so dificult to install Malware Byte for a 14 day trial. I know they are probably competitors to microsoft . Able to download the program but I am unable to get past the microsoft store notice which flags it as a non microsoft store app. Then there is no more support...
  7. I have a non store app that has suddenly stopped loading

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I have a non store app that has suddenly stopped loading: I have a non store app which will not load and have used it for many years. The company sent me an updated version but it will not load either. It tries to initialise for 15 seconds then disappears....
  8. Run a non Windows 10 app at boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run a non Windows 10 app at boot: I have been trying to find out how to run a program at boot in Windows 10. The program is not a "modern app", but is a regular old Windows program. I have tried this at home with no luck. (I think while I was at home I was trying to get some system monitoring software to...
  9. Microsoft Store Apps won't run

Microsoft Store Apps won't run: Have a laptop with Windows 10. as of this am, not much of anything will start.. Windows Edge when started blinks screen, and then goes away, as does Microsoft Solitaire Collection, and most other games I have tried. Other apps seem to be ok, and when I went into perfmon...
  10. Microsoft Store Apps won't run

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Microsoft Store Apps won't run: Have a laptop with Windows 10. as of this am, not much of anything will start.. Windows Edge when started blinks screen, and then goes away, as does Microsoft Solitaire Collection, and most other games I have tried. Other apps seem to be ok, and when I went into perfmon...