Windows 10: Non-system disk error

Discus and support Non-system disk error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I was stuck on the windows 10 recovery blue screen like this:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Raphael Morali-Bigras, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Non-system disk error

Hi, I was stuck on the windows 10 recovery blue screen like this:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/computer-wont-boot-stuck-on-blue-recovery-screen/084b8ddc-6ace-4581-a5d8-0491748dcb1a

So I started to follow the solution that was told at the person on the forum but when I boot with the usb drive in it says

Non-system disk

Press any key to reboot

and it don't work. I already tried to recreate my bootable usb key but it didn't changed ty for helping sorry for misstakes English isn't my first language

:)

Raphael Morali-Bigras, Jan 11, 2020

2. Non-system disk or disk error in Windows 10

Hi Aixa,

The Non-system disk or disk error usually occurs when the
    computer is unable to find an operating system on any of the storage devices. When this happens, the computer won't be able to load your
    Windows operating system. To determine what's causing this issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • What steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

We're looking forward to your response.

Kristoffer Abs, Jan 11, 2020
  3. coxmaster Win User
    Windows 7, Non System Disk?

No A drive at all, and its set to boot from the SSD first, then everything else later.

Like I said, I can disconnect every drive except the SSD and still get the error. It seems to me like if it was a "non system disk" it wouldnt be able to boot, would it?

*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:Strange*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:

coxmaster, Jan 11, 2020
  4. haifisch Win User

Non-system disk error

non system disk or disk error - even without any media???

Hello everyone!

I have an old HP Compaq nc6400 notebook which has this problem:

It does not have a hard drive and the optical drive is missing too, so I wanted to boot into a puppy linux live usb to see how this badboy works. It says the above mentioned "non system disk or disk error" whenever I try to boot from the usb stick. I know that the usb stick is good because I can start it on other machines. I also double checked that the boot order is correct. The funny thing is, that if I don't even plug in anything, there is no hdd or odd or usb or anything, it still says the same error.

So now I'm stuck here, and don't know what should I do. Thank you for your time and help in advance

haifisch, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

Non-system disk error

1. Non-system disk error - Similar Threads - Non system disk

2. Hp z400 non system disk or disk error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hp z400 non system disk or disk error: I have a hpz400 and im trying to figure out this errorPXE-E61:media test failureThis problem started yesterday when I tried to turn back on my PC, it states that it can't boot up my SSD or the SSD cant be found. I just want to clarify that I had taken my computer for repairs...
  3. Hp z400 non system disk or disk error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp z400 non system disk or disk error: I have a hpz400 and im trying to figure out this errorPXE-E61:media test failureThis problem started yesterday when I tried to turn back on my PC, it states that it can't boot up my SSD or the SSD cant be found. I just want to clarify that I had taken my computer for repairs...
  4. Hp z400 non system disk or disk error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Fix Non-system disk or disk error Black screen on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Non-system disk or disk error Black screen on Windows 10: If when you boot your Windows 10 device, but the boot process fails and you’re confronted with the error message Non-system disk error or disk error on a black screen, you may want to continue reading this post as we will offer the solutions you can try to successfully...
  6. Non system disk in system image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Non system disk in system image: I trying to create system image in Windows 10. Chose where I want to save the backup, after that system shows to me what drives will be backed up: EFI System Partition Game_Storage E: System Recovery Partition System C: System Problem is that Game_Storage E: is not...
  7. Non-System DIsk

Non-System DIsk: I'm using a ASUS TUF505DD-AL040, and decided to upgrade my hard drive, I installed it and used a boot key to reinstall windows 10. I got a "Non-system Disk " error and it seems I can't install windows. I tried to reinstall my old hard drive who still got windows 10 on it and...
  8. Repair Disk Won't Boot with Non-System Disk or Disk Error

Repair Disk Won't Boot with Non-System Disk or Disk Error: Repair Disk won't boot with "Non-System Disk or Disk Error. Replace and press any key when ready." I have tried two different DVD/ROM drives installed on my Gateway desktop - and three repair disks. The repair disk is the only way to re-format the C drive before restoring...
  9. Windows 10 non-system disk or disk error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 non-system disk or disk error: I reinstall windows 10 using a third party software with my product key, I was able to successfully reinstall window. I install all of my software, installed all of Windows 10 current updates, create a restore point, created a recovery disk backing up all of my files (did...
  10. Non system disk but why ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Non system disk but why ?: Hi ! I am trying to make a image of my C drive. I go into the process and the F drive is checked and I cannot uncheck it. It is seen as a system drive but it's only a drive that stores data. [img] [img] Is there a way to fix this without loosing all the data...