Windows 10: Non-System DIsk

Discus and support Non-System DIsk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm using a ASUS TUF505DD-AL040, and decided to upgrade my hard drive, I installed it and used a boot key to reinstall windows 10. I got a "Non-system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NicolasLe Gall2, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Non-System DIsk

I'm using a ASUS TUF505DD-AL040, and decided to upgrade my hard drive, I installed it and used a boot key to reinstall windows 10. I got a "Non-system Disk " error and it seems I can't install windows. I tried to reinstall my old hard drive who still got windows 10 on it and ended up having the same error message. Whenever I press a key, it show the default reboot and select proper boot device, and then non system disk again. I can't access BIOS and I'm starting to get really desperate, please help

:)

NicolasLe Gall2, Jun 17, 2020

2. Non-system disk or disk error in Windows 10

Hi Aixa,

The Non-system disk or disk error usually occurs when the
    computer is unable to find an operating system on any of the storage devices. When this happens, the computer won't be able to load your
    Windows operating system. To determine what's causing this issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • What steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

We're looking forward to your response.

Kristoffer Abs, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Windows 7, Non System Disk?

check bios, you may have it set to boot off cd/dvd and have a disk in that drive (also could be A:\ with non system disk in too)

twicksisted, Jun 17, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Non-System DIsk

Non system disk but why ?

Thank you @Fafhrd
    You are absolutely correct. I overlooked what's in Disk 0.
    OK. Here's the solution:
    The Boot Manager is in partition F: and that's why it's marked Active. You need to move it to C:

1. Download a free version: EasyBCD - NeoSmart Technologies
    2. Install, run and follow the screen below.

Non-System DIsk [​IMG]
    PS. Use: Macrium Reflect Free instead as advised above

topgundcp, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Non-System DIsk

1. Non-System DIsk - Similar Threads - Non System DIsk

2. Hp z400 non system disk or disk error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hp z400 non system disk or disk error: I have a hpz400 and im trying to figure out this errorPXE-E61:media test failureThis problem started yesterday when I tried to turn back on my PC, it states that it can't boot up my SSD or the SSD cant be found. I just want to clarify that I had taken my computer for repairs...
  3. Hp z400 non system disk or disk error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp z400 non system disk or disk error: I have a hpz400 and im trying to figure out this errorPXE-E61:media test failureThis problem started yesterday when I tried to turn back on my PC, it states that it can't boot up my SSD or the SSD cant be found. I just want to clarify that I had taken my computer for repairs...
  4. Hp z400 non system disk or disk error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Non system disk in system image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Non system disk in system image: I trying to create system image in Windows 10. Chose where I want to save the backup, after that system shows to me what drives will be backed up: EFI System Partition Game_Storage E: System Recovery Partition System C: System Problem is that Game_Storage E: is not...
  6. Non-system disk error

Non-system disk error: Hi, I was stuck on the windows 10 recovery blue screen like this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/computer-wont-boot-stuck-on-blue-recovery-screen/084b8ddc-6ace-4581-a5d8-0491748dcb1a So I started to follow the solution that was told...
  7. Repair Disk Won't Boot with Non-System Disk or Disk Error

Repair Disk Won't Boot with Non-System Disk or Disk Error: Repair Disk won't boot with "Non-System Disk or Disk Error. Replace and press any key when ready." I have tried two different DVD/ROM drives installed on my Gateway desktop - and three repair disks. The repair disk is the only way to re-format the C drive before restoring...
  8. Windows 10 non-system disk or disk error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 non-system disk or disk error: I reinstall windows 10 using a third party software with my product key, I was able to successfully reinstall window. I install all of my software, installed all of Windows 10 current updates, create a restore point, created a recovery disk backing up all of my files (did...
  9. Cipher vs Format on non-system disks

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cipher vs Format on non-system disks: No question, just raising a subject to see whether I am right or wrong... cipher /W:X versus format X: /fs:NTFS /p:2 cipher takes quite a long time, even for a small disk. (as a test: cipher took about 40 minutes for a 5GB HDD-partition) for non-system disks (like...
  10. Non system disk but why ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Non system disk but why ?: Hi ! I am trying to make a image of my C drive. I go into the process and the F drive is checked and I cannot uncheck it. It is seen as a system drive but it's only a drive that stores data. [img] [img] Is there a way to fix this without loosing all the data...