Windows 10: Non-System Program Icons Disappearing From Windows Tray

Discus and support Non-System Program Icons Disappearing From Windows Tray in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! Recently I've noticed that some of my program icons would disappear from the Windows tray. You know, the arrow on the right side of the taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lernos1, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Lernos1 Win User

Non-System Program Icons Disappearing From Windows Tray

Hello! Recently I've noticed that some of my program icons would disappear from the Windows tray. You know, the arrow on the right side of the taskbar that can contain miniature icons of programs that mostly run in the background? Let's see an example! I start up my PC, and icons slowly start filling up the tray. We can see the icons for Realtek HD Audio driver, Nvidia Geforce Experience, Wallpaper Engine, my third-party Alarm clock program and Google Chrome that's Infinity Tab running in the background. A few minutes later I start my TeamSpeak3 server, and its icon also shows up in the tray. But then comes the trigger. Sometimes it happens naturally, but I can recreate it manually, and the results are the same. On a rare occasion, my Windows Explorer will freeze trying to open a folder or something and decide to restart itself. Alternatively, I can restart it from the Task Manager to the same effect. After a flash of darkness, my desktop starts to "reassemble" itself. From the nothingness return the icons of Realtek HD, Wallpaper Engine, Alarm clock and Google Chrome... but where are Nvidia and TeamSpeak? They're gone! And no matter what I do, they won't appear until I kill their processes and restart them, or restart my PC, obviously. I find this unacceptable and would very much like to at least be able to fix it each time it happens, if not prevent this outright. Note that Taskbar Settings, the part where you set whether you want to show all icons in the Taskbar, is not what I'm looking for - I want the icons to show up in the Tray, not the Taskbar. Besides, messing around with it doesn't help my cause anyway. If I "turn on" showing the Realtek HD icon in the Taskbar after the aforementioned incident has happened, it will move from the Tray to the Taskbar and back to the Tray when I turn it off. But if I try to "turn on" the Nvidia or TeamSpeak icons, they are not appearing anywhere.

:)

Lernos1, Aug 7, 2020

2. Tray icon disappears

I've been experiencing since the installation of Windows XP SP2 on multiple machines with the ATITool Tray Icon disappearing upon load at system startup. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. Enabling or Disabling the "Hide Inactive (tray) Icons" WinXP menu option doesn't have any effect. The only way to open ATITool after it has loaded is to go through the start menu to open it again. I have "minimize on close" selected in ATITool. When closing ATITool, you see it make the motions of minimizing to the tray area but no icon is displayed. Any ideas?

djshowergel, Aug 7, 2020
  3. deepak11k Win User
    Windows update icon disappeared from the system tray

Windows update icon disappeared from the system tray. I was wondering how I can get it back. Thank you. I am using Windows 10 Pro, version 1909

deepak11k, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Non-System Program Icons Disappearing From Windows Tray

Icons disappear from system tray

Hi, I have already performed the following:

1. Right-click on an empty space in your desktop taskbar and select Properties.
    2. In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, find the selection labeled Notification Area and click on Customize.
    3. Click on Turn system icons on or off.
    4. If you'd like to always show all icons, turn the slider window to On.
    5. Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Yet, every time I turn on the computer, my Carbonite icon and others are missing from the system tray. This all started after the big update last month. How do I fix this problem?

BrooklynHudson, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Non-System Program Icons Disappearing From Windows Tray

1. Non-System Program Icons Disappearing From Windows Tray - Similar Threads - Non System Program

2. System Tray icons keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Tray icons keep disappearing: Windows 11 22H2iCUE won't even display in my taskbar, though it is running. Open up taskbar settings and iCUE is meant to show always, but it won't. Fix provided in another post didn't fix, as it only said to turn it on, which it is....
  3. System Tray Icons Disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Tray Icons Disappear: When I start my computer sometimes icons in the system tray don't appear. I have them setup to appear too. Is this some sort of bug and why wasn't it ever fixed?...
  4. System Tray Icons Disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Tray Icons Disappear: When I start my computer sometimes icons in the system tray don't appear. I have them setup to appear too. Is this some sort of bug and why wasn't it ever fixed?...
  5. System Tray icons keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Tray icons keep disappearing: A lot of system tray icons are disappearing by themselves, usually when I launch a game and then exit. For example, I use the SpyderXPro program to load my color profile. Sometimes the color profile resets and I'll have to manually right click the SpyderXPro icon and then...
  6. System Tray icons keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Tray icons keep disappearing: A lot of system tray icons are disappearing by themselves, usually when I launch a game and then exit. For example, I use the SpyderXPro program to load my color profile. Sometimes the color profile resets and I'll have to manually right click the SpyderXPro icon and then...
  7. System Icons disappearing from tray

System Icons disappearing from tray: After a recent update, currently on 20h2 build 19042.964, system icons have disappeared from the tray area near the clock. To be a little more specific, I can take all icons and hide them in the drawer and all icons show there. But when I set icons to always show, the first...
  8. Disappearing System Tray icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Disappearing System Tray icon: I have a situation where my Macrium Reflect "backup-in-progress" icon stops being displayed. I've reported this to Macrium, but I'd like to better understand what is going on ... including how System Tray (a.k.a. notification area) icons are displayed. I'm running Win 10...
  9. Windows update icon disappeared from the system tray

Windows update icon disappeared from the system tray: Windows update icon disappeared from the system tray. I was wondering how I can get it back. Thank you. I am using Windows 10 Pro, version 1909...
  10. Icons disappear from system tray

Icons disappear from system tray: Hi, I have already performed the following: Right-click on an empty space in your desktop taskbar and select Properties. In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, find the selection labeled Notification Area and click on Customize. Click on Turn system icons on or...