Windows 10: Non unicode Greek charactes problem

Discus and support Non unicode Greek charactes problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I tried a lot to install a greek engineering software, but i have a serious problem with my non unicode characters. I own a razer blade 14"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GiannisVasiliadis, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Non unicode Greek charactes problem

Hello,

I tried a lot to install a greek engineering software, but i have a serious problem with my non unicode characters. I own a razer blade 14" 2017 bought from america if that make any sense.

I made without changing something those steps:

- Control panel-region-administrative tab greek. I switch between Greek and English many times without fixing my problem.

- I format my pc, downgrade to v1703 build 15063.332, because i want to install manually update KB4020102, which i found that fixes the Greek non-unicode problem. Try to install it, but nothing happened again. After that i made all the necessary updates v1909 build 18363.535 at the moment, but the problem still exists.

- I deleted all fonts from regedit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstituts , and after that switch again to English from Region-Administrative area and reboot. After rebooting i switch again to Greek at region area and reboot. After that i tried again to install my software, but no luck again.

I am confused and near to break down the laptop.

Please help me out!

:)

GiannisVasiliadis, Jan 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 1703 Locale Problem (Non-Unicode)

Since Build 1703, I have the same problem with Greek Locale. Switching back and forth from English to Greek Locale, but I keep getting unreadable characters in apps that use non-unicode Greek characters. I had no such problem when I was using the previous
    Windows 10 Builds...

Kostas Metos, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10 1703 Locale Problem (Non-Unicode)

We changed non unicode support to English Language > Restart

Then changed non unicode support back to Greek Language > Restart and solved problem in a case .

Stathis Grigoriadis AlphaIT, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Non unicode Greek charactes problem

Meshed up Greek language characters

with a program which seems not to support unicode (BreezeBrowser Pro) - greek Directory and File Names are displayed as "||||||". Have set GREEK as locale for non-unicode programs.
    This didn't happen with the previous windows 10 version (nor with win7 before)

Please update and inform when solution is available !

theodosios, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Non unicode Greek charactes problem

1. Non unicode Greek charactes problem - Similar Threads - Non unicode Greek

2. Greek characters break into gibberish in an old program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Greek characters break into gibberish in an old program: Hello,I'm using a third-party program on Windows 10 and I have a huge problem with Greek characters in it.The program is old I think its last version was released back in 1999 - I have no other alternative but there's no need to enter into details.... It's a kind of database...
  3. Unicode characters in console

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unicode characters in console: Hi, I recently switched from Mac OSX to Windows 10 and installed WSL + Debian 10; my default shell is zsh and using ohmyzsh to improve the UX of the shell. I just noticed that unicode characters are not supported and I'm wondering if there is a way to fix this. Thanks....
  4. Unicode characters showing problem.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unicode characters showing problem.: Hello, When I type Bangla fonts, characters are showing just as??????? question marks, I've added Bangla language from Language settings, necessary fonts are also already installed. Still the problem is the same. Some icons of windows are also showing as weired...
  5. Fonts/Unicode Characters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fonts/Unicode Characters: So I was deleting some preinstalled fonts like Microsoft fonts and things like Arial Bold. The reason I did this is because there are a lot of preinstalled fonts and I'm always downloading new fonts for creative purposes. I deleted a bunch of these fonts so that it would be...
  6. Type a Unicode Character

in Windows 10 Support
    Type a Unicode Character: Hello, I am using Win 10 version 2004 and build 19041.388. If I try to enter a Unicode character via the method Alt + <hex number>, then I do get a character but it is the wrong one. For example if I enter 2212 it give a 'n' with a squiggle on top whereas it should return...
  7. Asian characters become unicode ���

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Asian characters become unicode ���: Sometimes when I download/install programs that's originally written in Chinese, folder names and the text in the installer just show up as ����� and I can't read anything. When I play older songs on itunes, previously correctly named songs, with correct artists etc. all...
  8. Non-Unicode language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Non-Unicode language: My Quicken 2017 program asks for me to change the language in the Control Panel to non-Unicode language. I can't find that possibility anywhere in the control panel. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/non-unicode-language/a13fb189-eb1b-4d7d-8d20-d52552ad17bc
  9. UNICODE PROBLEM no unicode.....

in Windows 10 Support
    UNICODE PROBLEM no unicode.....: there is no unicode on windows 10 help please and paint it black. 13183
  10. Meshed up Greek language characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Meshed up Greek language characters: I' ve installed-upgraded a PC into Windows 10 Creators Update 15063.138. The problem is that when I use an installed program and try to use the Greek keyboard on its options or input fields, the characters are something like "|||||||..." and when I switch to native OS...