Windows 10: Non-Universal Apps (Power Shell, Device Manager, etc.) not launching from Start Context Menu

Discus and support Non-Universal Apps (Power Shell, Device Manager, etc.) not launching from Start Context Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Non-Universal Apps (Power Shell, Device Manager, etc.) not launching from Start Context Menu. Universal apps start fine. I already tried restarting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by davidrosenthal3, May 11, 2019.

1. Non-Universal Apps (Power Shell, Device Manager, etc.) not launching from Start Context Menu

Non-Universal Apps (Power Shell, Device Manager, etc.) not launching from Start Context Menu. Universal apps start fine.

I already tried restarting the system and that did not help. I tried replacing the shortcuts in

C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group3

with the ones from Default, but that did not help either.

Thoughts?

:)

davidrosenthal3, May 11, 2019
  2. satchmo Win User

Inconsistent Shell Context Menu

I noticed something peculiar this morning. The Explorer right-click context menu is inconsistent on what it displays.

For example, when I right-clicked on one folder, it displays the "Add to Windows Media Player List" and "Play with Windows Media Player" options.

Non-Universal Apps (Power Shell, Device Manager, etc.) not launching from Start Context Menu [​IMG]

However, when I right-clicked on another folder, these options are absent.

Non-Universal Apps (Power Shell, Device Manager, etc.) not launching from Start Context Menu [​IMG]

Whether these options appear in the context menu seems to be entirely arbitrary. About half of the folders have the options, and the rest do not.

Is this a known bug?

satchmo, May 11, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    AndreePin, May 11, 2019
  4. Non-Universal Apps (Power Shell, Device Manager, etc.) not launching from Start Context Menu

This Is the New Win 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update

This Is the New Windows 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update
    Redmond revamping the Start menu with new Features

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Cluster Head, May 11, 2019
Thema:

Non-Universal Apps (Power Shell, Device Manager, etc.) not launching from Start Context Menu

1. Non-Universal Apps (Power Shell, Device Manager, etc.) not launching from Start Context Menu - Similar Threads - Non Universal Apps

2. Can't launch programs as administrator from the context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't launch programs as administrator from the context menu: Hello everyone. I reinstalled Windows and noticed a bug which is not letting me to start any app shortcut at Start menu or desktop as Administrator using the context menu. When I go to C:/Windows/System32/ in Explorer and pick cmd.exe for example I can launch it as admin from...
  3. Can't launch programs as administrator from the context menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't launch programs as administrator from the context menu: Hello everyone. I reinstalled Windows and noticed a bug which is not letting me to start any app shortcut at Start menu or desktop as Administrator using the context menu. When I go to C:/Windows/System32/ in Explorer and pick cmd.exe for example I can launch it as admin from...
  4. Can't launch programs as administrator from the context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't launch programs as administrator from the context menu: Hello everyone. I reinstalled Windows and noticed a bug which is not letting me to start any app shortcut at start menu or desktop as administrator using the context menu. When I go to C:/Windows/System32/ in Explorer and pick cmd.exe for example I can launch it as admin from...
  5. OneDrive context menu options Windows Shell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive context menu options Windows Shell: Hello. I want to eliminate specific OneDrive options that appear in the Context Menu when I right-click on the File Explorer. I don't want to eliminate all the OneDrive options: just specific ones, like "Free up space" and "Storage at 85%: Get more". Is it possible? Thank you...
  6. Cannot launch device manager through start menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot launch device manager through start menu: Attempting to launch device manager through the start menu yields an error box: ::{26ee0668-a00a-44d7-9371-beb064c98683}\0\::{74246BFC-4C96-11D0-ABEF-0020AF6B0B7... Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to...
  7. How to remove context menu items from shell?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove context menu items from shell?: I want to remove the following three items only (marked with red x). [img] 115171
  8. launching apps from custom shell?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    launching apps from custom shell?: I am using win 10 as the base for an htpc. My plan was to change the shell from explorer.exe to kodi.exe for a more seamless experience, no background no notifications etc. This works great except that if I try to launch any apps, Netflix and Perfect Tube, I get the error,...
  9. Inconsistent Shell Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Inconsistent Shell Context Menu: I noticed something peculiar this morning. The Explorer right-click context menu is inconsistent on what it displays. For example, when I right-clicked on one folder, it displays the "Add to Windows Media Player List" and "Play with Windows Media Player" options. [img]...
  10. Unable to Launch Apps from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Launch Apps from Start Menu: I just upgraded from 10049 to 10061 using Windows Update and found that I cannot launch apps I have pinned to the Start Menu. 'This PC' was the first I tried and then several folders and applications I use often do no open when I try to open them from the Start Menu. I get a...