Windows 10: Non WiFI Enabled PC - Need Adapter that supports MiraCast

Discus and support Non WiFI Enabled PC - Need Adapter that supports MiraCast in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a non-wifi enabled Windows 10 PC and I bought the following adapter to make it WiFi enabled: realtek pcie gbe family controller I have an LG... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KatNixCat, Oct 28, 2019.

1. KatNixCat Win User

Non WiFI Enabled PC - Need Adapter that supports MiraCast

I have a non-wifi enabled Windows 10 PC and I bought the following adapter to make it WiFi enabled:

realtek pcie gbe family controller

I have an LG Wireless adapted TV that I want to mirror my screen onto

Unfortunately, I have done WIN + R dxdiag and found that the drivers for the wifi adapter (which have been updated) do not support miracast.

The graphics card of my PC does support miracast.

What wireless pc adapter can I get? The ones I see are to plug into the TV; however, I need an adapter that will plug into the PC and wifi enable it well enough to support miracast.

Thanks for your advice.

:)

KatNixCat, Oct 28, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

How to get PC to support Miracast?

Exactly!

This is quite simple: To cast from PC to a Miracast display, both your PC's video adapter and wireless network adapter need to support Miracast / WiDi (wireless display). Miracast Wireless Standard was announced in September 2012, and almost immediately both display adapter and WiFi adapter manufactures started to support it. A rule of thumb is, if your PC came with pre-installed Windows 8.1 or later operating system, and it has integrated WiFi, it and its devices are new enough to support Miracast.

As mentioned earlier, it's not enough that your display adapter supports Miracast. WiFi is also required as can be easily seen in following two screenshots. As long as I have my laptop's WiFi adapter enabled (it does not have to be connected to wireless network, just enabled), I have the option to connect to wireless display:

Non WiFI Enabled PC - Need Adapter that supports MiraCast [​IMG]

If I disable my WiFi adapter, Miracast is no longer supported and Connect to a wireless display link will not be shown. My display adapter still supports Miracast but as it needs WiFi, too, I can't cast to wireless display:

I understand what OP wants, Miracast is practical. For instance in my case it's the only way I can use three displays on my laptop. In screenshot I am typing this reply on laptop's own display in the middle, streaming today's breakfast TV from my greatly missed native Finland on Miracast display (Smart-TV with a Microsoft Wireless Display adapter) on left, leaving the HDMI connected external monitor on right for running Hyper-V virtual machines, computer maintenance and so on:

What OP needs, assuming the display adapter supports Miracast, is a WiFi USB dongle that also supports Miracast.

3. How to get PC to support Miracast?

i got one, did not work

Kayn the Dogo, Oct 28, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

How to get PC to support Miracast?

Miracast is not the same thing than Intel WiDi. All my laptops for instance support Miracast allowing me to cast to one of my two Microsoft Wireless Display Adapters on two different TVs, yet not a single one of my laptops supports WiDi.

Miracast has also nothing to do with CPU, it's a feature in modern wireless WiFi Direct network adapters (list of WLAN adapters supporting Miracast). Additionally the display adapter must support Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) (almost all modern display drivers support it).

For laptop buyers there's a simple "rule of thumb": If the laptop came with Windows 8.1 pre-installed, its WiFi adapter supports Miracast. This is not a factual rule per se, it's just that those laptops manufactured mid 2013 and later usually have WiFi Direct wireless network adapter. Windows supports Miracast starting from version 8.1.

Desktop owners without built-in WiFi adapter need to check that adapter they get is a Wi-Fi Direct CERTIFIED Miracast device.

For laptop users like me Miracast is really practical, allowing use of more than one external display. In fact, Edge browser I am using to browse the forums and type this reply is at the moment on an external display connected with Miracast.

Thema:

1. Non WiFI Enabled PC - Need Adapter that supports MiraCast - Similar Threads - Non WiFI Enabled

2. Issue with Miracast, need some support please

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with Miracast, need some support please: Hi dear members, hope all are fine. I need some helps as i am a blog writer and using windows for several years, i am a happy customer of windows too : I have one Desktop-PC and one notebook in work, I would like to use wireless projecting- Miracast, Miracast works on...
  3. Issue with Miracast, need support and help

Issue with Miracast, need support and help: Hello Dear members, I am new here ... I have one Desktop-PC and one notebook in work, I would like to use wireless projecting- Miracast, Miracast works on notebook and everything is workable, so I would like to share my notebook screen to PC, so notebook will sharing screen...
  4. Miracast support

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Miracast support: Does my HP15 version 10.0.17763 have bluetooth capability? I am trying to install my Bose speaker and am having trouble. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/miracast-support/41eafcfa-f120-41ed-af9d-8bc718c9025d
  5. Miracast: Not Supported by WiFi driver

Miracast: Not Supported by WiFi driver: Could You Guys help me please?! I have a desktop pc(Asus Z97-AR, I7-4790k, Asus 1060 Gtx 6GB,WIN10 pro latest) and brand new samsung tv problem(U50RU7412U)...(My tv support miracast) I would like to play on tv and I can not display my pc to my tv. Wireless is necessary! I...
  6. Miracast Support

Miracast Support: Hello, I am having trouble getting my Windows 10 PC to display to a Miracast enabled display. I have an Intel Wireless-AC 9650 WiFi card which states in the product brief that it supports Miracast, however when I check the drivers in cmd I get the following: Interface...
  7. Looking for External USB WiFi adapter that supports Miracast

Looking for External USB WiFi adapter that supports Miracast: My PC (latest Win10) is connected via ethernet, and doesn't have wi-fi internal or any adapters. I want to miracast to a surface pro 2. What adapter or dongle should I get to allow it to cast to the SP2? Most of the adapters talk about receiving the signal, but none talk...
  8. Miracast Support ?

Miracast Support ?: I was trying to see if my PC can use Miracast without using a Miracast Adapter. My Sony Bravia TV shows it supports Miracast. [img] [img] My PC i am not sure if it does one section on DxDiag does the other by Display shows it does not. Is it the Graphics card or Display...
  9. Microsoft display adapter not working on non miracast laptop

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Microsoft display adapter not working on non miracast laptop: MY DEVICE DETAIL Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 15063) (15063.rs2_release.170317-1834) Language: English (Regional Setting: English) System Manufacturer: Dell Inc. System Model: Inspiron N5010 BIOS: BIOS Date: 01/09/10 15:17:22 Ver: 08.00.10...
  10. How to get PC to support Miracast?

How to get PC to support Miracast?: So I just got a new LG smart TV that has a screen share mode. I wanted to use it but apparently my PC doesn't support miracast. How do I get miracast support? I'm sure all my drivers are up to date, but i'll check again. Here's my dxdiag, I couldn't get much info from it....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if i upgrad to a pcie wifi card on my desktop will i have support for miracast to my smart tv which has miracast?