Windows 10: none of my apps will open

Discus and support none of my apps will open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; All of my apps close out automatically. Netflix works but apps such as the Micrisoft store, windows defender, and calculator close themselves out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EthanVanderSpek, Jan 13, 2020.

1. none of my apps will open

All of my apps close out automatically. Netflix works but apps such as the Micrisoft store, windows defender, and calculator close themselves out immediately. Additionally when I try to download and run a file it says "a device attached to this system is not functioning". I have tried factory resetting and doing a backup and neither worked.

:)

EthanVanderSpek, Jan 13, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. none of my apps will open :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jan 13, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

none of my apps will open

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

none of my apps will open

1. none of my apps will open - Similar Threads - none apps open

2. none of my browsers will open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    none of my browsers will open: None of my browsers will open, chrome, Firefox. None of them. This happened to me before I had to reset my laptop entirely. I can’t do that this time I have assignments to do. Can anyone help...
  3. None of my microsoft apps will open, someone help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    None of my microsoft apps will open, someone help!: Whenever I try to open a Microsoft-related app except for settings and office, it appears in the taskbar for a second, and then exits, how can I fix this. I can't play my Microsoft games, nor can I open emails. I can't open windows defender, Xbox app, Minecraft launcher,...
  4. None of my microsoft apps will open, someone help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    None of my microsoft apps will open, someone help!: Whenever I try to open a Microsoft-related app except for settings and office, it appears in the taskbar for a second, and then exits, how can I fix this. I can't play my Microsoft games, nor can I open emails. I can't open windows defender, Xbox app, Minecraft launcher,...
  5. help none of the microsoft apps open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help none of the microsoft apps open: so my problem is that i cant open any microsoft apps like:calculator,camera,movies,minecraft,mixed reality and etc and it greyed out too is there way to fix problem?...
  6. help none of the microsoft apps open

help none of the microsoft apps open: so my problem is that i cant open any microsoft apps like:calculator,camera,movies,minecraft,mixed reality and etc and it greyed out too is there way to fix problem?...
  7. None of my Microsoft apps are opening on Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    None of my Microsoft apps are opening on Windows 10: Hi! I recently reset windows on my pc, and something happened... I am now not able to open any of my apps on windows ten. At first they all had a black line under them, but now only a few do. I try to open Microsoft store, and it closes automatically. Any help would be...
  8. none of my apps are opening on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    none of my apps are opening on windows 10: no app is opening in my windows 10 neither mail nor microsoft store . I can't even open pictures . Last time when this problem persisted I had no other choice than resetting my windows and it did worked for couple of days but now it is showing same issue again . I even...
  9. None of the Windows App are opening

None of the Windows App are opening: PLEASE HELP !! It's been been months, I have been trying to reach out. Filled out so many feedbacks but no reply. None of the windows app are opening right now. It started with Calculator app then all the installed windows app. It started after I upgraded to the newer...
  10. None of the Windows Apps will open

None of the Windows Apps will open: After updating to the anniversary update none of the windows apps will open. Things like Edge, Store, etc. I click on the icon and a new window will flash on but immediately off. Any ideas? I have none... 64366

Users found this page by searching for:

1. none of my windows apps open windows credentials