Windows 10: None of my browsers are working (except Edge)

Discus and support None of my browsers are working (except Edge) in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10, and a couple days ago, both Google Chrome and Firefox stopped working. I can open them, but Firefox doesn't open any of my tabs... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Nolan314, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Nolan314 Win User

None of my browsers are working (except Edge)

I'm running Windows 10, and a couple days ago, both Google Chrome and Firefox stopped working. I can open them, but Firefox doesn't open any of my tabs that I had, instead opening a single tab that just says "connecting". As far as I can tell, it will do that forever until I force Firefox to close with task manager. Google Chrome will at least try to open my last tabs, but says that it can't connect. I also can't get to any settings in Chrome, but I can in Firefox. There weren't any changes to my computer that I'm aware of since the browsers last worked properly.

UPDATE: reinstalling Chrome and refreshing Firefox makes both work until my next reboot.

:)

Nolan314, Apr 3, 2017
  2. jGAosh Win User

None of my Web browsers are working.

For a long time I have had an issue on my computer. When ever I am on a web browser such as google chrome or Microsoft edge and I want to search something it always says I am offline or gives me some error message. I know
    I am not because apps such as Netflix and Skype are connected to the internet and I have no problem with them and they work well.

I don't know what to do, it has been acting like this for a long time and I am getting frustrated. Everything says I am offline when I am not,even steam store says I am offline.

I am not sure what to do.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Cortana & search / PC

jGAosh, Apr 3, 2017
  3. Phillip Roos, Apr 3, 2017
  4. None of my browsers are working (except Edge)

Hi Nolan314

I would reset my networks. Start => Settings => Network and Internet, scroll down right hand side to bottom.

I would also run these commands to a Command Prompt(admin). In the following don't key in information in brackets, it is there for you to understand what they do.

ipconfig /flushdns (Clear the dns cache)
    nbtstat -RR (release and refesh NetBIOS names)
    netsh int ip reset (reset ip settings)
    netsh winsock reset (Reset Winsock Catalog)

I would create a restore point before doing anything and would recommend exploring the use of Macrium Reflect to Image your system. Better safe than sorry.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 7, 2017
  5. Nolan314 Win User
    Thanks for the reply. I actually just figured out what the problem is. Malwarebytes was blocking it with its zero-day protection, so I had to put Firefox on the exception list.

Nolan314, Apr 7, 2017
  6. Thanks for posting solution. Glad its working.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

None of my browsers are working (except Edge)

1. None of my browsers are working (except Edge) - Similar Threads - None browsers are

2. none of my browsers will open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    none of my browsers will open: None of my browsers will open, chrome, Firefox. None of them. This happened to me before I had to reset my laptop entirely. I can’t do that this time I have assignments to do. Can anyone help...
  3. None of the browsers work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    None of the browsers work: ALL my browsers failed on Dec. 14, 2023... No updates were done that day; no changes were made to anything. They were working great in the morning, but that evening Edge, Chrome, FF, all failed: ERR_CONNECTION_RESET. Other non web-based apps seem to be working correctly. I...
  4. None of the browsers work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    None of the browsers work: ALL my browsers failed on Dec. 14, 2023... No updates were done that day; no changes were made to anything. They were working great in the morning, but that evening Edge, Chrome, FF, all failed: ERR_CONNECTION_RESET. Other non web-based apps seem to be working correctly. I...
  5. None of my browsers working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    None of my browsers working: All my browsers are not working include chrome, mozilla firefox and Microsoft edge. But my whatsupp and telegram apps working well. I dont know if it happen after i updtae the windows or what...
  6. No Browsers Open Except Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Browsers Open Except Edge: Excuse me for sounding a bit flustered here, but I'm genuinely at my wits end with this shit. I decided tonight I was going to improve my internet security. I got LastPass for storing passwords, and ExpressVPN as a... well, VPN. Out of nowhere after doing these two things,...
  7. After updgrade, no web browser except Edge works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After updgrade, no web browser except Edge works: Overnight, I upgraded from Version 1903 to 1909 (build & other information is in my signature). The only web browser that now works is Edge, even though my default app is set to Google Chrome. Before, I use Macrium Reflect to restore my image, is there anything I can do to...
  8. NO BROWSER CONNECT EXCEPT MICROSOFT EDGE

NO BROWSER CONNECT EXCEPT MICROSOFT EDGE: After updating Windows to version 1803, my browser Opera stop to work, then I installed Chrome and Firefox to check, bu the only browser working is Edge. When I open a site in Opera it doesn't work, but after I open the same site in Edge, then it opens in Opera also....
  9. None of my browsers are working correctly with the internet besides Edge.

None of my browsers are working correctly with the internet besides Edge.: I've been having this problem basically ever since I got this new computer a few months ago. Only Edge seems to always connect to the internet. I've tried Google Chrome and Opera and they work occasionally, but they usually say it's taking too long and don't connect. I can...
  10. None of my browsers are working!

None of my browsers are working!: When I try to go on some websites this screen shows up. This happens with every browser I've tested.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/none-of-my-browsers-are-working/befb9769-8bec-44b1-be3f-f36baa791599

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internet not working in browsers except edge

2. none of my internet browsers are working extept edge

3. no browsers will open except edge

4. no browser works except microsoft edge,
  5. none of my internet browsers are working windows 10,
  6. edge working but none of my browsers are working,
  7. why are no web browsers working except for microsoft edge,
  8. none of my browsers can open google,
  9. none of my browsers but edge work,
  10. browsers not working except edge,
  11. no browser works except edge netsh winsock reset doesnt work,