Windows 10: None of my MS windows 10 apps will launch

Discus and support None of my MS windows 10 apps will launch in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; None of my MS apps seem to want to launch. the symptom is they appear to start to launch and then shutdown. This includes; the MS store, Feedback... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by CarlVenzke, Apr 26, 2019.

1. None of my MS windows 10 apps will launch

None of my MS apps seem to want to launch. the symptom is they appear to start to launch and then shutdown. This includes; the MS store, Feedback Hub, Calculator, the app to view photos, and pretty much any of the MS apps that came with Windows 10. I have checked for updates - all good. I have run the wsreset and get the following message: "ms windows purge caches, the app did not start" I think this started about a month ago. I was hoping an update would come along to fix this but nothing has come so far. I hate to roll everything back to a reset. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks

:)

CarlVenzke, Apr 26, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 26, 2019
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Windows 10 Apps are unable to launch

Hi Deep,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with launching apps. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect App settings.

• App is corrupt.
    Before starting the troubleshooting steps, I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it helps. If not, try these steps:

Method 1:

Let's run the app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to re-register all Windows Store Apps by running the following commands in a CMD window started as Administrator:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register
    "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Apr 26, 2019
  4. Lim8888 Win User

None of my MS windows 10 apps will launch

Windows 10 Apps are unable to launch

I tried the steps given and restarted my computer. Now I guess its even worse. There is no response at all after I clicked on all those apps, except for the apps that have just reinstalled which I had uninstalled it long ago. Please reply asap.

Lim8888, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

None of my MS windows 10 apps will launch

1. None of my MS windows 10 apps will launch - Similar Threads - None apps launch

2. MS windows 10 my MS store, MS Media & MS Solitaire Collection will not launch.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS windows 10 my MS store, MS Media & MS Solitaire Collection will not launch.: I have tried everything I found listed in these & other forums as well as reinstalling Windows 10 three times all 3 times wiping all files. Always the same result. My windows is 64 bit. Version 22H2.I have tried all of the normal fixes with power shell, trouble shooting,...
  3. MS windows 10 my MS store, MS Media & MS Solitaire Collection will not launch.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS windows 10 my MS store, MS Media & MS Solitaire Collection will not launch.: I have tried everything I found listed in these & other forums as well as reinstalling Windows 10 three times all 3 times wiping all files. Always the same result. My windows is 64 bit. Version 22H2.I have tried all of the normal fixes with power shell, trouble shooting,...
  4. MS windows 10 my MS store, MS Media & MS Solitaire Collection will not launch.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. none of my apps are opening on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    none of my apps are opening on windows 10: no app is opening in my windows 10 neither mail nor microsoft store . I can't even open pictures . Last time when this problem persisted I had no other choice than resetting my windows and it did worked for couple of days but now it is showing same issue again . I even...
  6. MS Store and apps do not launch.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Store and apps do not launch.: MS Store will not open. No MS Store apps open. Tried a zillion things - wsreset, changed permissions, tried to do recovery and got message the system could not be recovered....
  7. Windows 10 updated but none of my apps?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updated but none of my apps?: Has anyone else had this problem? Windows 10 updated automatically, but somehow none of the apps on my laptop were updated including the Microsoft store. Whenever I try to open any app such Paint 3D, Sketchbook, or even Calculator a box pops up saying that I need a new...
  8. None of my windows apps work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    None of my windows apps work: I just did the update to windows 10 and now none of my windows apps work. I have tried resetting all the apps, repairing them, and running the powershell with answers from other threads. I tried redoing the update, and even tried restoring to earlier version of windows. None...
  9. None of the Windows 10 Store Apps launch successfully, store doesn't launch either

None of the Windows 10 Store Apps launch successfully, store doesn't launch either: Microsoft Store, Photos, Calendar, Calculator, Camera, Feedback Hub, Films and TV, Get Help, Alarms and clock, Mail, Maps, etc None of these TRUSTED MICROSOFT STORE APPS work on my Windows 10 Home Single Language, version 10.0.17134 As soon as I launch any of these apps, a...
  10. MS Store & Apps fail to launch.

MS Store & Apps fail to launch.: Did an update last night and can't locate the step by step solution I found months ago. Ms store and the apps within open for a second then disappear. No Error notifications anywhere. I have tried the Powershell and SFC routes with no success. I know Powershell is the...