Windows 10: None of my USB 3.0 ports work

Discus and support None of my USB 3.0 ports work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After doing lots of things suggested by others who fixed it, I found the issue lies within a driver. Its the VIA USB 3 ROOT HUB. It shows a yellow mark... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DaleJV, Nov 24, 2020.

1. DaleJV Win User

None of my USB 3.0 ports work

After doing lots of things suggested by others who fixed it, I found the issue lies within a driver. Its the VIA USB 3 ROOT HUB. It shows a yellow mark next to it on device manager and when reading its events it says it fails to turn on.

I believe this is the issue. Even with the fully updated drivers from VIA it still gives me this issue. I also downloaded all motherboard drivers as well.

Thank you for any input!

:)

DaleJV, Nov 24, 2020
  2. foxslink Win User

USB 3 Ports not working

Hi folks,
    i was trying to copy some files from an external drive using the usb 3 port on my M/B but it doesnt work, i downloaded the drivers from the Manufacturers website but no luck either, am i missing an important step here? i havent checked the Bios yet
    GA-Z170XP-SLI (rev. 1.0) Overview | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

foxslink, Nov 24, 2020
  3. spapakons Win User
    USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

None of my USB 3.0 ports work [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Nov 24, 2020
  4. jjtyler Win User

USB port not working

I have an HP Pavilion dv6604nr laptop. I have 3 USB ports, 2 located on the left side and one located on the right side near the power supply port. For some reason, one of the USB ports on the left hand side will not recognize anything that is plugged
    into it. I have done all the steps and suggestions that is posted on this site, and still can't get it to work. The message I get is "The last USB device that was connected has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it." It shows in the Device Manager
    as Unknown USB Device(Port Reset Failed). When I have a USB device plugged into the non-working port, it shows up in the Devices and Printers folder, but the device does not work. I am at my wits end. Can anyone help me or suggest any other things to try?
    Oh, I am running Windows 10 pro.

jjtyler, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

1. None of my USB 3.0 ports work - Similar Threads - None USB ports

2. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.: All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working. Its not bios because I am dual booting another windows drive on same computer and there is no problem on that drive. I have tried all power mgmt and driver un/installs but nothing is changed. So I suspect something in...
  3. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.: All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working. Its not bios because I am dual booting another windows drive on same computer and there is no problem on that drive. I have tried all power mgmt and driver un/installs but nothing is changed. So I suspect something in...
  4. None of my usb ports working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    None of my usb ports working: So i came bacm home today and turn3d o my pc but none of the parts i have in any usb port keyboard mouse and wifi are not working. I know its not a monitor problem since the time is still changing, and i tried restarting it like 10 times but it is still not working. Please...
  5. None of my usb ports working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    None of my usb ports working: So i came bacm home today and turn3d o my pc but none of the parts i have in any usb port keyboard mouse and wifi are not working. I know its not a monitor problem since the time is still changing, and i tried restarting it like 10 times but it is still not working. Please...
  6. None of my usb ports working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. USB 3 Ports No Longer Work

USB 3 Ports No Longer Work: After updating Windows back in May, my USB 3.0 ports provide power, but no data. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the USB drivers to no avail. I have been unable to find an older version of the drivers to rollback to. I am currently on Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.19042 Build...
  8. USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices

USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices: I have had this problem since February and not sure what to do. All of my USB 3 ports are not recognized by my computer as USB 3 ports only as USB 2/1.[ATTACH] The two active ports you see there are USB 3 ports, but they don't work as USB 3 ports. If any one has had this...
  9. None of my USB ports are working

None of my USB ports are working: None of my usb ports are working since my computer updated, my troubleshooter is not showing any problems I have ran the updates and there is nothing working....
  10. USB 3 Ports Stopped Working

USB 3 Ports Stopped Working: My front and rear USB 3 ports stopped working. The rear USB 2 ports still work. When I plug an external HDD into the front USB 3 ports it powers up the drive, but it isn't recognized in Windows Explorer. My USB card reader doesn't light up. Device Manager doesn't show any USB...