Windows 10: None of my USB devices are connecting to my computer. How do I solve this?

Discus and support None of my USB devices are connecting to my computer. How do I solve this? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Usually, when I have computer problems they go away after restarting/shutting down. But, my mouse hasn't been working and I thought it was the battery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by chrysalia, Oct 22, 2019.

1. chrysalia Win User

None of my USB devices are connecting to my computer. How do I solve this?

Usually, when I have computer problems they go away after restarting/shutting down. But, my mouse hasn't been working and I thought it was the battery but that wasn't it since it works on another computer. I also use an art tablet that's connected through USB which hasn't been working. I have no idea why my USB's aren't working, I've tried restarting and other things from what I've searched through google but so far it's been a total waste of time. Can anyone help me with this problem? Anything helps, thanks.

:)

chrysalia, Oct 22, 2019

2. I cannot see how much power USB devices draw

Hi Suat,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Perform the following steps, as applicable, to troubleshoot USB devices that are not working correctly:

• Power: If the USB device operates on battery power,
      make sure all the power connections are secure and the power cord is connected to a power source.
    • Test the USB connection: Sometimes, simply disconnecting and reconnecting the USB device to the computer can solve the problem:

• Disconnect all USB devices from the computer except a USB mouse and keyboard (if in use). This includes hubs, thumb drives, printers, and cameras.
      • With all USB devices disconnected, do one of the following:
        • If you have a desktop computer, connect the device that is not working correctly to one of the USB ports on the back of the computer (the ports attached directly to the motherboard).
        • If you have a notebook computer, connect the device that is not working correctly to a USB port on the notebook. Do not use a USB port replicator (such as a docking station or USB hub).

What happens when the device is connected?

• The device works correctly: The problem is most likely related to power or poor overall system performance.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Oct 22, 2019
  3. Dice Vil Win User
    unknown device USB

Hi Ali,

In most cases, this issue can be caused by either an unstable/ corrupt USB controller or your computer's drivers need to be updated.

For us to isolate the possibilities, we suggest that you perform the following troubleshooting steps in succeeding order:

• Connect your USB drive to a different port. Alternatively, try to connect it to a different PC.
    • Connect a different USB drive to your PC.
    • Unplug your USB drive and restart your system. Afterwards, plug it in and see if it works. If the same issue occurs, perform a complete shutdown and wait for a few minutes before turning it on again.
    • Update your drivers.

If you find that the USB drive still doesn't work even after performing all these suggestions, this is most likely pointing to a hardware issue. Thus, it would be best to get in touch with your device manufacturer for a thorough check of the device.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to post back and let us know.

Dice Vil, Oct 22, 2019
  4. None of my USB devices are connecting to my computer. How do I solve this?

Computer doesn't recognize USB device

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the below questions;

• Did you made any changes to the Computer prior to the issue?

• Are you getting any error message while connecting the device?

• Which device are you trying to connect? Could you connect other devices?

• What is the make and model of your Computer?

Did you check for any pending update for Windows? If not, follow the below steps to update the Windows.

• Press Windows key+ I to open the
      Settings.

• Click on Update & security, then click on
      Windows Update.

• Select Check for updates. If Windows Update says that your PC is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

If your computer is having problems with a recently installed device or other hardware, try using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware
    attached to your computer was installed correctly.

Follow the steps given below:

• Type troubleshooting in the search tool.

• Click on Troubleshooting tab.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

• Select the Hardware
      and Device options from the list.

• Click Next to run the
      Hardware
      and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall all USB controllers, follow these steps:

• Click Windows key + R, type
      devmgmt.msc and press enter.

• Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

• Right-click every device under the
      Universal Serial Bus controllers mode, and then click
      Uninstall to remove them one at a time.

• Restart the computer, and then the Computer will reinstall the USB controllers.

If the issue still persist, please try the steps in the below article;

What to Try When Your
    USB Device is an "Unknown Device"

Hope this helps. If the issue persists please provide required information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Rishad K T, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

None of my USB devices are connecting to my computer. How do I solve this?

1. None of my USB devices are connecting to my computer. How do I solve this? - Similar Threads - None USB devices

2. How do I connect my device as output?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I connect my device as output?: Hi, I have an Asus VivoBook ~2021 and Philips BTM2312 speakers 2 speakers and one control block, ~2016. I have finally managed to connect both by bluetooth but it shows it's only "connected voice" and music Spotify, Youtube plays on the PC instead of speakers. I have tried...
  3. How do I connect my device as output?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I connect my device as output?: Hi, I have an Asus VivoBook ~2021 and Philips BTM2312 speakers 2 speakers and one control block, ~2016. I have finally managed to connect both by bluetooth but it shows it's only "connected voice" and music Spotify, Youtube plays on the PC instead of speakers. I have tried...
  4. What to do if none of my external devices will connect to my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do if none of my external devices will connect to my PC: Hello, so I have a PC and a few days ago the monitors I have 2 would no longer connect to it and kept saying there was no signal. I unplugged everything from the PC, cleaned out dust in it and re-plugged it all. Initially it didn't work but after a few hours I tried again and...
  5. What to do if none of my external devices will connect to my PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What to do if none of my external devices will connect to my PC: Hello, so I have a PC and a few days ago the monitors I have 2 would no longer connect to it and kept saying there was no signal. I unplugged everything from the PC, cleaned out dust in it and re-plugged it all. Initially it didn't work but after a few hours I tried again and...
  6. What to do if none of my external devices will connect to my PC

7. None of my devices can connect to the Wifi after I ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew to solve...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    None of my devices can connect to the Wifi after I ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew to solve...: After trying everything to solve an issue with discord I did ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew and now I cant connect to my wifi as it does not find the ip adress...
  8. None of my devices can connect to the Wifi after I ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew to solve...

None of my devices can connect to the Wifi after I ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew to solve...: After trying everything to solve an issue with discord I did ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew and now I cant connect to my wifi as it does not find the ip adress...
  9. None of my devices can connect to the Wifi after I ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew to solve...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Devices shows a USB Storage device even though none are connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Devices shows a USB Storage device even though none are connected: An USB Storage device appeared a couple days ago, it keeps ringing the connect and disconnect sound for an usb device randomly. I can't access any files on it, and can't find a device that it would belong to.This message was found on event manager: Device...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. none of my usb devices are recognized