Windows 10: None of my USB Ports are not working, since the October 2018 update!!

Discus and support None of my USB Ports are not working, since the October 2018 update!! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Device USB\VID_8087&PID_8001\5&285d79a&0&1 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match!! I have tried everything to try to fix this!!!! PLEASE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by susanpassanante, Nov 6, 2018.

1. None of my USB Ports are not working, since the October 2018 update!!

Device USB\VID_8087&PID_8001\5&285d79a&0&1 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match!! I have tried everything to try to fix this!!!! PLEASE can someone help with this problem!!! Thank you in advance! " Frustrated in Pa."

:)

susanpassanante, Nov 6, 2018
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

None of my USB Ports are not working, since the October 2018 update!! [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Nov 6, 2018
  3. USB Ports not working

Hi Marvin,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing the USB ports on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the make and model of the device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted drivers on your device. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with exclamatory mark in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.
    • Check for the drivers with exclamatory mark in yellow triangle.
    • If so, right click on the driver, click on Properties
      and check the device status.
    • Also, try to update the drivers by click on Update driver software
      under Drivers tab in Properties window.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the USB ports for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 6, 2018
  4. evb9 Win User

None of my USB Ports are not working, since the October 2018 update!!

USB ports disabled by April 2018 update

After installing the April 2018 update this morning, my two front usb ports have stopped working. Back ports are fine. How do I fix this?

evb9, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

None of my USB Ports are not working, since the October 2018 update!!

1. None of my USB Ports are not working, since the October 2018 update!! - Similar Threads - None USB Ports

2. None of my usb ports working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    None of my usb ports working: So i came bacm home today and turn3d o my pc but none of the parts i have in any usb port keyboard mouse and wifi are not working. I know its not a monitor problem since the time is still changing, and i tried restarting it like 10 times but it is still not working. Please...
  3. None of my usb ports working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    None of my usb ports working: So i came bacm home today and turn3d o my pc but none of the parts i have in any usb port keyboard mouse and wifi are not working. I know its not a monitor problem since the time is still changing, and i tried restarting it like 10 times but it is still not working. Please...
  4. None of my usb ports working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. None of my USB 3.0 ports work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    None of my USB 3.0 ports work: After doing lots of things suggested by others who fixed it, I found the issue lies within a driver. Its the VIA USB 3 ROOT HUB. It shows a yellow mark next to it on device manager and when reading its events it says it fails to turn on. I believe this is the issue. Even...
  6. None of my USB3.0 ports have worked since I bought my HP Pavilion 15-cc109na Laptop in 2018

None of my USB3.0 ports have worked since I bought my HP Pavilion 15-cc109na Laptop in 2018: None of my USB 3 ports work so I cannot acces files using a USb3.0 memory stick. The ports work for my mouse and to connect to my Samsung Mobile to transfer files from my mobile? I have gone into Device manager many times. The screen shot below simply shows that the...
  7. October 2018 Pro Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    October 2018 Pro Update: I did the update and hated how it changed my Windows!!!! Hated it so bad I uninstalled it. Now it has come up again for me to update. I paused it this time. I read that after this pause ends I have no choice but to install it. I still don't want it. I just got this laptop...
  8. None of my USB ports are working

None of my USB ports are working: None of my usb ports are working since my computer updated, my troubleshooter is not showing any problems I have ran the updates and there is nothing working....
  9. WINDOWS OCTOBER 2018 UPDATE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS OCTOBER 2018 UPDATE: Hi. I want to ask about my windows update. Why is the windows october 2018 keep redownloading in my pc? at first it downloaded until 100%. then it later attempts to install it (which made my pc real slow). the Windows Update then displayed that the same update (version 1809)...
  10. October 2, 2018 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    October 2, 2018 update: This is more forced MS update BS! Once again my PC wont boot because of an update! I am tired of fixing my PC because MS released updated that dont work with my setup yet i am forced to repair........