Windows 10: None of the typing interfaces Password entry screen, File Exploer search, Cortona System...

Discus and support None of the typing interfaces Password entry screen, File Exploer search, Cortona System... in Cortana to solve the problem; When I go to type into any of the aforementioned search bars, Windows does not recognize my inputs, and refuses to type out the keys selected on my... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Crowbird05, Mar 19, 2022.

1. None of the typing interfaces Password entry screen, File Exploer search, Cortona System...

When I go to type into any of the aforementioned search bars, Windows does not recognize my inputs, and refuses to type out the keys selected on my keyboard. This does not resolve upon a restart or when running "Repair Driver Errors" prompted within the Notification Bar. Running Windows 10.

:)

Crowbird05, Mar 19, 2022
  2. wt.pm Win User

Can't type into Cortona

A while back I used Cortona to search for a file, and found it. A couple days ago I tried to search again but I couldn't type in the search box. I click it but nothing happens, the "Search the web and Windows" doesn't disappear or anything, except it kind
    of blinks but that's it, nothing else.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

wt.pm, Mar 19, 2022
  3. wt.pm Win User
    Can't type into Cortona

Thanks for the reply,

1. No error message

2. Currently Cortona voice search is off, but I could still type into the box and search

3. It's a Microsoft Account.

I checked the link, 1. almost identical issue 2. restarting has no effect 3. The Windows start button still works correctly, it's just the search box that doesn't work 4. I will make another account and
    report back.

wt.pm, Mar 19, 2022
  4. None of the typing interfaces Password entry screen, File Exploer search, Cortona System...

Cortana search box - type request

Hi Richard,

To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• What steps have you taken so far?
    • did you receive and error message?

I would suggest you to run System File Checker. its a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restored corrupted files. Follow the steps below:

• Press Win + R on the keyboard
    • Type CMD the hit OK
    • Type: sfc/scannow at the Command Prompt.

Let us know how it goes.

Renaldo cru, Mar 19, 2022
Thema:

None of the typing interfaces Password entry screen, File Exploer search, Cortona System...

1. None of the typing interfaces Password entry screen, File Exploer search, Cortona System... - Similar Threads - None typing interfaces

2. File Exploere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Exploere: Can anybody give me some guidance.I was surprised when I found where File History was storing some of my files. So I looked in File Explorer which I have used forever, it has me now a little more confused but only since I had OneDrive installed.I am finding it difficult to...
  3. File Exploere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Exploere: Can anybody give me some guidance.I was surprised when I found where File History was storing some of my files. So I looked in File Explorer which I have used forever, it has me now a little more confused but only since I had OneDrive installed.I am finding it difficult to...
  4. cannot type password on login screen, microsoft signin interface

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot type password on login screen, microsoft signin interface: I am trying to log in to my computer, but I cannot type the password. I tried using the on-screen keyboard, but it still does not work. I sign in through Microsoft account. I tried restarting the computer, it still doesn't work. I thought my keyboard is the problem, but it...
  5. cannot type password on login screen, microsoft signin interface

cannot type password on login screen, microsoft signin interface: I am trying to log in to my computer, but I cannot type the password. I tried using the on-screen keyboard, but it still does not work. I sign in through Microsoft account. I tried restarting the computer, it still doesn't work. I thought my keyboard is the problem, but it...
  6. None of the typing interfaces Password entry screen, File Exploer search, Cortona System...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    None of the typing interfaces Password entry screen, File Exploer search, Cortona System...: When I go to type into any of the aforementioned search bars, Windows does not recognize my inputs, and refuses to type out the keys selected on my keyboard. This does not resolve upon a restart or when running "Repair Driver Errors" prompted within the Notification Bar....
  7. None of the typing interfaces Password entry screen, File Exploer search, Cortona System...

None of the typing interfaces Password entry screen, File Exploer search, Cortona System...: When I go to type into any of the aforementioned search bars, Windows does not recognize my inputs, and refuses to type out the keys selected on my keyboard. This does not resolve upon a restart or when running "Repair Driver Errors" prompted within the Notification Bar....
  8. password entry screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    password entry screen: Since the Feature Update to 21H1 when I start my computer and get passed the annoying welcome lock screen, the password entry screen sometimes does not appear - just a blank blue screen!! The only way I have found to move on is to shut down my computer and start again!!Anyone...
  9. password entry screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    password entry screen: Since the Feature Update to 21H1 when I start my computer and get passed the annoying welcome lock screen, the password entry screen sometimes does not appear - just a blank blue screen!! The only way I have found to move on is to shut down my computer and start again!!Anyone...
  10. password entry screen