Windows 10: None of Windows 10 recovery options working

Discus and support None of Windows 10 recovery options working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can’t log in to Windows 10 as the password field is not appearing on the lock screen. All the solutions for this I’ve found online need you to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EdJ77, Dec 29, 2018.

1. EdJ77 Win User

None of Windows 10 recovery options working

I can’t log in to Windows 10 as the password field is not appearing on the lock screen. All the solutions for this I’ve found online need you to get past the lock screen, and I can’t - no matter how many times I shut down or restart, the password field never appears.

I’ve been trying to use the recovery options via shift and restart, but none of these are working - each one starts up but then fails to complete - I’ve tried the troubleshooter, all available restore points and resetting windows, but none of them worked. Safe mode runs but the original problem of no password field is just the same.

Any suggestions? I’m running out of options!

:)

EdJ77, Dec 29, 2018
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 recovery options ?.

When the password is wrong and the pin number is wrong is there a way recover the data or even the OS ?.

The extra added issue to this is that the systems running UEFI so no inputs working on boot, so how do you get in to the recovery options.

Could it be as simple as plugging in a USB drive with windows 10 on it and hoping it boots up off it ?. It's the only option not tried as yet as the owner of the system as just got out of hospital wanted to try passwords and pins which seemed to fail every time even though he\she is pretty sure are right.

I am thinking that's the way to go is there any other ways to gain access other than taking the drive out of the system. Data on the system is important too.

AsRock, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Ruz San Win User

Windows 10 fails to boot, none of the recovery options is working

Thank you for getting back to us.

Since you mentioned that you can get to the recovery options, start the PC in safe mode to perform the suggestions previously posted.

You can read more about the recovery options in Windows 10 on
    this page
    . Refer to the following links for the next steps after reaching the recovery environment:

Update us so we can guide you further if necessary.

Ruz San, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

1. None of Windows 10 recovery options working - Similar Threads - None recovery options

2. Pc won't boot and none of the recovery options work - WIN 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc won't boot and none of the recovery options work - WIN 10: Hello! so the other night I was on my pc, I installed some games I bought from cex on cd and went to bed. When I woke up the next day I turned on my pc to find that it won't boot, and the auto repair stuff isn't working. I run windows from an ssd however I used to run it from...
  3. Pc won't boot and none of the recovery options work - WIN 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc won't boot and none of the recovery options work - WIN 10: Hello! so the other night I was on my pc, I installed some games I bought from cex on cd and went to bed. When I woke up the next day I turned on my pc to find that it won't boot, and the auto repair stuff isn't working. I run windows from an ssd however I used to run it from...
  4. Pc won't boot and none of the recovery options work - WIN 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. windows stuck on recovery and none of the options work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows stuck on recovery and none of the options work: title says it all, I'm on a rog asus gaming laptop from like 2015 I think. and I've tried yo reinstall windows but the "upgrade option" doesn't work, so I did advance and installed on primary, May try to open repair options from there. please help!...
  6. windows stuck on recovery and none of the options work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows stuck on recovery and none of the options work: title says it all, I'm on a rog asus gaming laptop from like 2015 I think. and I've tried yo reinstall windows but the "upgrade option" doesn't work, so I did advance and installed on primary, May try to open repair options from there. please help!...
  7. windows stuck on recovery and none of the options work

8. After Windows update, I'm stuck in a loop and none of the recovery options are working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After Windows update, I'm stuck in a loop and none of the recovery options are working.: Last night my computer prompted me to restart for an update, and so I did- it seemed to be going normally until my computer rebooted and took me right into a recovery menu for Windows 10. The first option was to rollback, so I tried that- and it rebooted and took me right...
  9. Windows Defender: None of the scan options work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender: None of the scan options work: I have Win 10 Pro 2004. Windows Defender and MalwareBytes Premium are "always on". I ran a MB scan just now - nothing found. If I click Scan Now in the Win Defender dialog, nothing happens. None of the options work. The dialog simply remains open - as if the button was...
  10. BSOD None of the advanced options work

BSOD None of the advanced options work: I have a Dell Inspiron 24 7000 series with Windows 10. I turned on my computer and was confronted by the BSOD. At the bottom it said Stop code: critical process died. I've tried a number of the advanced options and none of them work for me. I've tried to start my computer in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 crashed and none of the recovery options work