Windows 10: None of your drives can be managed with Device Encryption?

Discus and support None of your drives can be managed with Device Encryption? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After I used manage-bde to delete the old Recovery Password and add a new Recovery Password on C:, "Setting >> Update & Security >> Device Encryption"... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Chief :, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Chief : Win User

None of your drives can be managed with Device Encryption?

After I used manage-bde to delete the old Recovery Password and add a new Recovery Password on C:,
    "Setting >> Update & Security >> Device Encryption" told me that "None of your drives can be managed with Device Encryption".
    There was a Local Disk C: here, but it disappeared now, what should I do to fix this?

Sorry for my bad English, but I can't find any help in my native language.
    A Microsoft employee told me to reinstall disk driver, but it didn't work.
    DISM, SFC and Media Creation Tool didn't work, either.
    My device is a Surface Go, so please don't tell me to ask OEM :

I would be grateful if anyone can provide some ideas.

:)

Chief :, Mar 31, 2020

2. Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Mar 31, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Kingston Ships Management Ready, Hardware-Encrypted USB Flash Drives

Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced two new hardware encrypted USB Flash drives that can be managed with SafeConsole by DataLocker. DataTraveler 4000G2 with Management (DT4000G2DM) and DataTraveler Vault Privacy 3.0 with Management (DTVP30DM) solve the needs of organisations required to meet Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) and protect data at the highest level across their mobile workforce. Both devices can be used as a managed solution via the SafeConsole Encryption Management Platform from DataLocker Inc., Kingston's partner for encrypted USB drive management.

The new Kingston USB drives are both 256-bit AES hardware encrypted and FIPS certified (DT4000G2DM is FIPS 140-2 Level 3 validated; DTVP30DM is FIPS 197 certified) to ensure maximum corporate and personal data security. Additionally, SafeConsole is the only secure USB management platform for secure USB drives with true password management - both remote and local. The platform enables secure resetting of forgotten passwords, activation of full audit trails, geolocation and geofencing to ensure cross-border compliance, automatic inventory, and a "remote kill" feature in the event of device loss.

None of your drives can be managed with Device Encryption? 34b_thm.jpg

Organisations should develop best practices to safeguard data outside of a company's firewalls as data leaks become more prevalent and certain regions adopt regulatory policies. The European Union (EU) will soon enact the General Data Protection Regulation, which mandates that businesses strengthen their digital infrastructure or face significant penalties. Part of an organizational policy should include device-level management that allows control over LAN and Internet connections. This enables better tracking and auditing of data moving in and out of a company.

"Human error, malicious attacks and technical failures can place employee and corporate data at risk. Companies, agencies and organizations need to implement a security policy well before anything goes wrong as it's critical to prevent non-compliance, fines and even financial loss," said Valentina Vitolo, Flash business manager, Kingston EMEA. "Our latest encrypted managed USB drives, the recent IronKey acquisition and growing DataLocker partnership all demonstrates Kingston's commitment to providing the most secure and largest family of encrypted USB solutions on the market."

Kingston's DT4000G2DM and DTVP30DM are available in 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB and 64GB capacities, and are backed by a five-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability.

DataTraveler 4000G2 with Management Features & Specifications:
    • Encrypted protection: With encryption, no one can see what you have stored on the drive without knowing the password.
    • Manageable: DT4000G2DM enables a complete set of centralised administration and management tools when used with server-based, control center technology of SafeConsole1.
    • FIPS 140-2 Level 3 Certification: The drive is FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified and TAA compliant, to meet frequently requested corporate and government requirements.
    • Customisable: Customise drives in a variety of ways, including serialisation numbering, co-logo and customised product identifier for integration into standard end-point management software (white-listing), to meet internal corporate IT requirements.
    • Interface: USB 3.0
    • Capacities2: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
    • Speed: USB 3.0: 4GB: 80MB/s read, 12MB/s write
    • 8GB & 16GB: 165MB/s read, 22MB/s write
    • 32GB: 250MB/s read, 40MB/s write
    • 64GB: 250MB/s read, 85MB/s write
    • USB 2.0: 4GB: 30MB/s read, 12MB/s write
    • 8GB-64GB: 30MB/s read, 20MB/s write
    • Dimensions: 77.9 mm x 22.2 mm x 12.05 mm
    • Waterproof: Up to 4 ft.; conforms to IEC 60529 IPX8. Product must be clean and dry before use.
    • Operating Temperature: 0°C to 60°C
    • Storage Temperature: -20°C to 85°C
    • Compatibility: USB 3.0 compliant and 2.0 compatible
    • Minimum System Requirements:
    • - USB 3.0 compliant and 2.0 compatible
    • - Two (2) free drive letters required for use

btarunr, Mar 31, 2020
  4. None of your drives can be managed with Device Encryption?

Bitlocker Drive Encryption(Not Responding) at 84.5%

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are trying to encrypt the complete hard drive with BitLocker Drive Encryption and now it’s not responding as well.

We would suggest you to refer this
    BitLocker: Use BitLocker Drive Encryption Tools to manage BitLocker
    article and check manage-bde section, if that helps to make the changes.

However, for further queries we would suggest you to post your query in

TechNet
    forums, where we have experts and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on BitLocker to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

None of your drives can be managed with Device Encryption?

1. None of your drives can be managed with Device Encryption? - Similar Threads - None drives managed

2. Device managed by your organisation message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device managed by your organisation message: I get this a lot. I'm not part of any organisation. I've tried several of the changes suggested in other threads, but, if they work at all, it quickly comes back. Very annoying. Suggestions?...
  3. Device managed by your organisation message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device managed by your organisation message: I get this a lot. I'm not part of any organisation. I've tried several of the changes suggested in other threads, but, if they work at all, it quickly comes back. Very annoying. Suggestions?...
  4. Device Encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device Encryption: I have Windows 10 and Windows 11 on the same disk but in different partitions. My question is if I turn on Disk Encryption on say Windows 11 partition will it encrypt the entire disk or just the partition the has Windows 11 on it.The actual setup of the drive is 3 partitions...
  5. Device Encryption

Device Encryption: Hi team,The OS in my laptop is Windows 10 Home, and it has Device Encryption. When I tried to dual boot my laptop with ubuntu, it said that Bitlocker Encryption is enabled on the drive, so to install Ubuntu turn off the Bitlocker.So I have turned off the bitlocker and dual...
  6. *Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization------NONE OF THE...

in Windows 10 Customization
    *Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization------NONE OF THE...: Hi there, I know many wonderful people how addressed this issue, but for some reason all the suggestions don't work for me. I've tried multiple times with no change. Context: Under Settings>Personalization>Background the message "*Some of these settings are hidden or...
  7. Windows 10 BitLocker Drive Encryption AND Device Encryption enabled?

Windows 10 BitLocker Drive Encryption AND Device Encryption enabled?: Recently I looked into enabling "BitLocker Drive Encryption" on Windows 10 Pro. After enabling it, I discovered that "Device Encryption" under Settings -> Update and Security -> Device Encryption was already enabled. This is a new Lenovo laptop from 12/2020, bought from...
  8. Device Encryption

Device Encryption: When I go on Start Menu >>> System Information >>> Device Encryption Support the value of this item is "Evaluation Needed to Display". What does that mean? Windows 10 Home Edition...
  9. i have checked for bluetooth drivers in device manager but there are none listed can you...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i have checked for bluetooth drivers in device manager but there are none listed can you...: locate bluetooth drivers for inspiron 5570 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-checked-for-bluetooth-drivers-in-device/29754631-2934-47ac-b1ae-665820ab0a88
  10. Device Encryption

Device Encryption: I am using Win 10 Home edition and thought that one of thebenfits to the pro version was encrypting the hard drive. I see that this version of Windows allows for device encryption. Can you tell me the difference between the encrytions and should I use it on this version?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. none of your drives can be managed with device encryption