Windows 10: Nonexistent account on lock screen

Discus and support Nonexistent account on lock screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I changed the name of my laptop to match the name of the unit it replaced. When I rebooted, I got a message that the username or password was... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by larc919, Jan 30, 2021.

1. larc919 Win User

Nonexistent account on lock screen

I changed the name of my laptop to match the name of the unit it replaced. When I rebooted, I got a message that the username or password was incorrect. Then I noticed there are now 2 accounts listed at bottom left on the lock screen: the correct one and one with a username that doesn't exist in user accounts. The name is the first 5 letters of the correct login. Unfortunately, the lock screen defaults to the phantom account (of course it would). I can switch to my regular account and log in as usual, but that's bothersome. Is there a settings page where I can get rid of the extra account or is there some place in the registry? The lock screen has to be seeing it somewhere, but it's not showing up in any of the usual account settings places.

Running 19042.746 Pro.

:)

larc919, Jan 30, 2021

2. Lock screen automatically with password

Hi Kenneth,

To have a better view on this concern, are you referring with Lock Screen timeout? If so, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click on Start menu.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Sign-in options, click on Lock screen.
    • Go to Screen timeout settings.
    • Change the value under Screen.

Also, no need to create a pin code since you already have your Microsoft account password. You can sign in using your account.

Let us know if you need any further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Desiree Yau, Jan 30, 2021
  3. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Nonexistent account on lock screen

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Nonexistent account on lock screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Nonexistent account on lock screen

1. Nonexistent account on lock screen - Similar Threads - Nonexistent account lock

2. Nonexistent Account/User?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nonexistent Account/User?: In the Task Manager, a task name "Work or School Accounts" is running. I, however, have zero knowledge of making one.Either this is just an automatic Windows Process or it's just a bug/virus. I assume it automatically plays or is the results of my old account being renewed by...
  3. Nonexistent Account/User?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nonexistent Account/User?: In the Task Manager, a task name "Work or School Accounts" is running. I, however, have zero knowledge of making one.Either this is just an automatic Windows Process or it's just a bug/virus. I assume it automatically plays or is the results of my old account being renewed by...
  4. Not able to reswitch account on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not able to reswitch account on lock screen: I was using work/school account and it was locked I switched to another account in the lock screen and am not able to reswitch to my work school account and i have no credentials for the other account to login...
  5. Not able to reswitch account on lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to reswitch account on lock screen: I was using work/school account and it was locked I switched to another account in the lock screen and am not able to reswitch to my work school account and i have no credentials for the other account to login...
  6. Lock screen account picture

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lock screen account picture: Hey there. I updated my Windows 10 two days ago. Today, I logged into my Outlook account and updated my account picture. That was done but I don't know why the picture that I used months ago suddenly popped up into my lock screen account picture and in my PC too. I thought...
  7. Listing domain accounts on the lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Listing domain accounts on the lock screen: This is on a brand-new install of Windows 10 pro. I have an O365 Business Standard tenant which comes with Azure AD. So all of my "users" myself, wife, 2 kids have domain accounts. When I set up Windows, I provided these to log in and added their Microsoft accounts later....
  8. My lock screen wallpaper is blocked by a nonexistent admin (I am the only user/admin)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My lock screen wallpaper is blocked by a nonexistent admin (I am the only user/admin): I tried to go into settings to change my lock screen, but I saw this message instead: *Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization* Keep in mind I'm the only account/admin account on this PC. And it's my own, there shouldn't be an organization...
  9. How do I uninstall nonexistent applications from a nonexistent drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I uninstall nonexistent applications from a nonexistent drive?: So I upgraded my storage recently from a boot ssd and a 1TB hard drive to a 1TB m.2 drive. The issue is now that I can't uninstall any of the applications that were on the hard drive. I'll use gimp for example. If I click on the shortcut it says that the application doesn't...
  10. Login screen nonexistent

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Login screen nonexistent: Hi, For the past few days whenever I start up my PC, it will show the time and lockscreen like usual. However, whenever I press the space bar, it just goes blank. No prompt to login, does not show the user, nothing. Ctrl alt delete also does nothing. At first it said I...