Windows 10: Nonexistent Mail App taking up space?

Discus and support Nonexistent Mail App taking up space? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My HP laptop has always had some storage issues, but this one has me stumped. According to my storage settings, mail is taking up 17.6 GBs of space -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Steffanie Munguia, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Nonexistent Mail App taking up space?

My HP laptop has always had some storage issues, but this one has me stumped. According to my storage settings, mail is taking up 17.6 GBs of space - but I don't even have the mail app! In fact, when I click on Mail to manage storage, the only option that comes up is to look for an app in the app store. So how does an app that I don't have take up 17.6 gigs?

:)

Steffanie Munguia, Dec 3, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Nonexistent Mail App taking up space? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 3, 2022
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Dec 3, 2022
  4. philc43 Win User

Nonexistent Mail App taking up space?

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

Nonexistent Mail App taking up space?

1. Nonexistent Mail App taking up space? - Similar Threads - Nonexistent Mail App

2. Why is nonexistent "other people" taking up storage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is nonexistent "other people" taking up storage?: On my device, 24gb of storage is taken up by 'other people'. When I go to the other users page, there are no other people. I used to have another account but it's gone now, How do I get my storage back?...
  3. Why is nonexistent "other people" taking up storage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is nonexistent "other people" taking up storage?: On my device, 24gb of storage is taken up by 'other people'. When I go to the other users page, there are no other people. I used to have another account but it's gone now, How do I get my storage back?...
  4. Why is nonexistent "other people" taking up storage?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Mail App is taking too much space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail App is taking too much space: Hi, My mail App looks like is taking too much space ....i tried many thinks but without result. when i am tabbing manage mail then mail app opens and nothing.....
  6. Mail App is taking too much space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App is taking too much space: Hi, My mail App looks like is taking too much space ....i tried many thinks but without result. when i am tabbing manage mail then mail app opens and nothing.....
  7. Nonexistent Mail App taking up space?

Nonexistent Mail App taking up space?: My HP laptop has always had some storage issues, but this one has me stumped. According to my storage settings, mail is taking up 17.6 GBs of space - but I don't even have the mail app! In fact, when I click on Mail to manage storage, the only option that comes up is to look...
  8. Nonexistent Mail App taking up space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nonexistent Mail App taking up space?: My HP laptop has always had some storage issues, but this one has me stumped. According to my storage settings, mail is taking up 17.6 GBs of space - but I don't even have the mail app! In fact, when I click on Mail to manage storage, the only option that comes up is to look...
  9. Free up space of Mail App

Free up space of Mail App: Hi all,I want to free up space of Mail AppI tried to remove all account in Mail app. Even i tried to uninstall Mail app but it doesn't work.Please help me how to completely free up space of Mail app....
  10. Mail is taking up 39GB of space on C drive

Mail is taking up 39GB of space on C drive: Hi all, I desperately need help for this problem. I have a Win 10 desktop and although it is signed in under my account, I have never set up any email on any of the apps. However, there seems to be a huge amount of Mail that is lurking and taking up valuable space in my...