Windows 10: Nonresponsive keys

Discus and support Nonresponsive keys in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The last few days my keyboard keys are not responding to every tap. Like right now every few letters or so require I press key down several times. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RLAR, Jul 8, 2019.

1. RLAR Win User

Nonresponsive keys

The last few days my keyboard keys are not responding to every tap. Like right now every few letters or so require I press key down several times. It is maddening. I looked up keyboard settings and all options are off: sticky keys, toggle, on-screen, etc. Help please.

:)

RLAR, Jul 8, 2019

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Steve C Win User
    Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Jul 8, 2019
  4. csatennis Win User

Nonresponsive keys

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Nonresponsive keys

1. Nonresponsive keys - Similar Threads - Nonresponsive keys

2. My laptop boots up to a nonresponsive "normal" screen half the time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop boots up to a nonresponsive "normal" screen half the time: I have an HP Pavilion with Windows 10. Normal startup has me pressing the power button, Win10 loads, and I get a sign-in screen. I type my password and go to the desktop, all good. Half the time, every other startup, I push the power button, Win10 loads to a different screen...
  3. My laptop boots up to a nonresponsive "normal" screen half the time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop boots up to a nonresponsive "normal" screen half the time: I have an HP Pavilion with Windows 10. Normal startup has me pressing the power button, Win10 loads, and I get a sign-in screen. I type my password and go to the desktop, all good. Half the time, every other startup, I push the power button, Win10 loads to a different screen...
  4. My laptop boots up to a nonresponsive "normal" screen half the time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 11 freezes and becomes nonresponsive during games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 freezes and becomes nonresponsive during games: Hello all, I have a Dell laptop running Windows 11 that keeps locking up in the middle of playing games....When this happens it is preceded by extreme lagging in the game, which eventually leads to a complete lockup of the computer, forcing you to do a force power down and...
  6. Windows 11 freezes and becomes nonresponsive during games

Windows 11 freezes and becomes nonresponsive during games: Hello all, I have a Dell laptop running Windows 11 that keeps locking up in the middle of playing games....When this happens it is preceded by extreme lagging in the game, which eventually leads to a complete lockup of the computer, forcing you to do a force power down and...
  7. Taskbar/active window becoming nonresponsive until I ctrl+alt+del

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar/active window becoming nonresponsive until I ctrl+alt+del: I'm on windows 10 and for some reason, my computer has recently started becoming unresponsive at random intervals; the active window will become unclickable and only the keyboard will work. Often, for web browsers, it 'jumps' or 'stutters' around to previous web pages or...
  8. Taskbar/active window becoming nonresponsive until I ctrl+alt+del

Taskbar/active window becoming nonresponsive until I ctrl+alt+del: I'm on windows 10 and for some reason, my computer has recently started becoming unresponsive at random intervals; the active window will become unclickable and only the keyboard will work. Often, for web browsers, it 'jumps' or 'stutters' around to previous web pages or...
  9. Taskbar/active window becoming nonresponsive until I ctrl+alt+del

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Nonresponsive keys

in Windows 10 Support
    Nonresponsive keys: The last few days my keyboard keys are not responding to every tap. Like right now every few letters or so require I press key down several times. It is maddening. I looked up keyboard settings and all options are off: sticky keys, toggle, on-screen, etc. Help please. 136184