Windows 10: Noob question about refresh rates...

Discus and support Noob question about refresh rates... in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, I am about to upgrade my monitor. I have some questions about refresh rates. I edit photos and play some first-person shooters (BF & Far Cry), but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Tin Tin, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Tin Tin Win User

Noob question about refresh rates...

Hi, I am about to upgrade my monitor. I have some questions about refresh rates.

I edit photos and play some first-person shooters (BF & Far Cry), but would put preference on the editing... I think. Meaning, I definitely want IPS and at least 2560x1440 resolution for the image quality, but would like to have higher refresh than the usual 60Hz for the bit of gaming I do.

My questions...
    When I see a monitor (for example) listed as 144Hz and Freesync compatible, does that mean only AMD...

Tin Tin, Jan 8, 2019

2. Refresh rate Problem

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Screen refresh rate is the rate at which the data displayed on screen is refreshed; it may be an image or some text document. Most of the users would like to set it to a higher rate but this also depends on the capacity of graphic
    card and monitors. If the refresh rate is slow, the images on the display looks as flickering to the user eye and makes it uncomfortable to work.

Nowadays the latest monitors available in market will have minimum 60 Hz of refresh rate and it is very good option to set it to 70 Hz if you your monitor is compatible. Normally a high performance or quality monitors can reach
    120 Hz of refresh rate. So I would suggest you to set your monitor refresh rate as higher as possible, below given steps describes how to access this feature on your Windows 8.1/10 PC.

• The default refresh rate setting is 60 Hertz (HZ); however, your monitor may support a higher setting. Check your manufacturer's documentation for information about the settings that your monitor supports.
    • If you use a higher refresh rate, you can reduce the rate that your screen flickers; however, if you specify a refresh rate that is too high for your monitor, your screen may become unusable and your hardware may be damaged.
    • Changes to the refresh rate affect all users that log on to the computer.
    I would, as of now, suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's support website and install the latest display and chipset drivers available for the latest operating system (currently it would be 8.1 in the list).

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jan 8, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Refresh rate override bugs

i suggest not to use the refresh rate fix of atitool at the moment .. try other tools. it will be removed in the next version

W1zzard, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Noob question about refresh rates...

Is there a way to change the refresh rate in mail app for windows 10?

Hi Bourdas,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Follow these steps to change the refresh rate in the Mail app:

• Open the Mail app.

• Click on the “Gear icon” and click on “Account” under “Settings”.

• Click on the “Account name” and click on “sync settings”.

• Under “Download new content”, you have 6 options to select.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Noob question about refresh rates... - Similar Threads - Noob question refresh

2. Refresh rate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Refresh rate: I have a 144 Hz monitor it runs at 120 Hz on the desktop but whenever I open a game it goes to 30 Hz please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refresh-rate/9093fb5f-4bd9-4274-b58a-ae6a30c19a63
  3. Refresh rate

Refresh rate: Hi allI had a question about changing refresh rate on windows 11. I have a lenovo thinkpad if that helps. So I wanted to change the refresh rate to 60Hz and I did but after a few minutes it auto changed to 48 again. It keeps happening and I have no idea how to fix it so can...
  4. Refresh Rate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Refresh Rate: So Im Trying To Connect A Display But I Cant Cause My Refresh Rate Is 60.070 Idk What To Do Ive Tried Other Drivers Updating And Uninstalling It But It Just Wont Change To 60Hz Please Help!...
  5. Refresh Rate

Refresh Rate: So Im Trying To Connect A Display But I Cant Cause My Refresh Rate Is 60.070 Idk What To Do Ive Tried Other Drivers Updating And Uninstalling It But It Just Wont Change To 60Hz Please Help!...
  6. Refresh Rate

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Refresh Rate

Refresh Rate: Hey all, Using the three monitor configuration with my WFH surface unit. My computer supports a higher refresh rate than it displays. Do I need to change some particular settings? I have tried all possible settings so far....
  8. Noob Question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Noob Question: I need to do a clean install because of lingering issues. I have Win 10 Pro paid. When I reinstall, will the same key work? TIA submitted by /u/Frankie_Hollywood [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kauvg1/noob_question/
  9. Refresh rate

Refresh rate: I always change my refresh rate of monitor to 60hz but everytime i start after shut down or sleep mode it automatically changes to 144hz .Please help. How to permanently change refresh rate to 60hz....
  10. Noob Question About Mic Setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Noob Question About Mic Setup: My mic will not register that i am talking into it even tho it shows up in the 'recording devices.' I have it set on default - i have tried using it on another windows 10 laptop and it instantly works -I have updated all drivers through MSI - I have uninstalled sound...