Windows 10: Noob question regarding the new update

Discus and support Noob question regarding the new update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So before I left for spring break I decided to fully shut down my laptop. There was an update, I thought it was a little one and went through with it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/illialife, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Noob question regarding the new update

So before I left for spring break I decided to fully shut down my laptop. There was an update, I thought it was a little one and went through with it. Low and behold it was a big boy and I had to leave to catch my flight before I could see it through.

I come back 6 days later and I’m able to use my laptop just fine but I got a “page fault in nonpaged area” BSOD error out of nowhere. Is it the update? What should I do?

submitted by /u/illialife
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/illialife, Mar 12, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Noob question regarding the new update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Jerry T Win User
    Questions regarding sysprep and capture in MDT

I have a question regarding the sysprep and capture function in MDT 2013.

I have done a sysprep & capture on a Windows 10x64 machine with software and drivers included using MDT.

So the next step I did was to deploy the captured .iso file onto a new machine which had the usual configuration steps including setting up the computer name, timezone and keyboard layout etc and everything was start up fine and all the software and drivers were also configured & installed properly.

However, the issue is that machine's SID and computer name were completely the same as the one I ran the sysprep & capture on. Was this supposed to be like this? Because I did some research and a sysprep is supposed to change the SID as it is treated as a new machine. Also, I did configure a new computer name for the machine during the deployment setup but I have no idea why its the same name as the other machine.
    I would appreciate any answers given. Thank you.

Jerry T, Mar 12, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Noob question regarding the new update

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

Noob question regarding the new update

1. Noob question regarding the new update - Similar Threads - Noob question regarding

2. Regarding the new update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Regarding the new update: I had updated my laptop as there was a new update available. After updating everything seems wrong. Everything is blurry. I am not able to view any pdf. My office subscription is not working properly i have a life membership. The names of the documents are not visible....
  3. Noob Question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Noob Question: I need to do a clean install because of lingering issues. I have Win 10 Pro paid. When I reinstall, will the same key work? TIA submitted by /u/Frankie_Hollywood [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kauvg1/noob_question/
  4. Win Task Scheduler noob question

Win Task Scheduler noob question: Hello, I would like to start a specific sound file (mp3) with the VLC media player at a predefined time. I already managed to tell the Task Scheduler to open the player, but I dont know how to tell him that the sound file should be opened within the player. I tried to enter...
  5. CPU Cooler Changing Noob a Few Questions regarding that

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU Cooler Changing Noob a Few Questions regarding that: Hello as a very very noob for changing CPU coolers, eventually gonna ugprade from my Stock Intel 10700 Cooler, to possibly a Aftermarket Air or if brave enough my very first AIO Cooler lol. 1. Proper way of removing the Stock Intel 10700 Heatsink without pulling the CPU out...
  6. Noob network problems / question (nDisplay)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Noob network problems / question (nDisplay): Hi folks, I really am a networking noob, sorry 'bout that. At the moment i'm trying to get nDisplay (Unreal Engine) working on two computers. I've set up a network and have logged into an admin account with the exact same name / password on both computers. The problem...
  7. Noob question re resetting PC

Noob question re resetting PC: Hi, so basically I've got an issue that I've been trying to fix for hours and can't be bothered with anymore, so I'm gonna reset my PC (laptop). I don't really care if I lose my personal files, as I've only had it for a few days anyway. All I want to know is, will resetting...
  8. Noob question about refresh rates...

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Noob question about refresh rates...: Hi, I am about to upgrade my monitor. I have some questions about refresh rates. I edit photos and play some first-person shooters (BF & Far Cry), but would put preference on the editing... I think. Meaning, I definitely want IPS and at least 2560x1440 resolution for the...
  9. Virtual Memory (Noob Question)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Virtual Memory (Noob Question): So I recently found this article to increase my PC performance by setting this settings to, well it varies. Quick question, how much do I need to put in minimal and max, I have like 8gb of memory right now. [img] 121989
  10. Noob Question About Mic Setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Noob Question About Mic Setup: My mic will not register that i am talking into it even tho it shows up in the 'recording devices.' I have it set on default - i have tried using it on another windows 10 laptop and it instantly works -I have updated all drivers through MSI - I have uninstalled sound...