Windows 10: Noob question - Windows 10 reinstall w/o disc/documentation?

Discus and support Noob question - Windows 10 reinstall w/o disc/documentation? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My situation: A) I need to reinstall windows 10. B) I never purchased a copy of Windows 10, but rather updated from a (legal, purchased) copy of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AceFlashheart, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Noob question - Windows 10 reinstall w/o disc/documentation?

My situation:

A) I need to reinstall windows 10.

B) I never purchased a copy of Windows 10, but rather updated from a (legal, purchased) copy of windows 7.

C) I no longer have the disc or documentation for the copy of windows 7 I purchased (lost in a house move years ago).

What is my best option for doing a legal, registered reinstall of my OS? Thanks for any help you can provide!

submitted by /u/AceFlashheart
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AceFlashheart, Aug 25, 2020

2. How to burn a document to a cd in windows 10

Hi Elaine,

To assist you better, answer the below questions

• Are you facing any difficulties to burn a document to a cd?
    • Are you using any third party tool to burn a document to a cd?
    I suggest you to follow below steps to burn cd and check if it helps.

• Insert CD/DVD.
    • Open the CD/DVD drive in File explorer
      icon from the taskbar, copy and paste the required document to the
      CD/DVD drive.
    • Click on Burn a Disc.
    • Follow on the on screen instruction.
    Hope the information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Aug 25, 2020
  3. Jerry8AB Win User
    Documents - "Send to" Question

Documents – “Send to” Question

I recently reinstalled Windows 10. I had a backup of my Documents folder on an external drive. In the external drive, I clicked on “Send to” Documents.

What occurred was the Documents folder was listed as a separate folder in my Windows 10 Documents folder.
    I thought it should have replaced any documents in the Windows 10 Documents folder and not be listed elsewhere.

Please explain.

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry8AB, Aug 25, 2020
  4. Noob question - Windows 10 reinstall w/o disc/documentation?

Using raid 0 as boot drive?

Okay, another noob question. Can I take the 750gb w/ windows installed on it now and use it as the primary drive on another PC w/o a complete reformat and reinstall?

ebolamonkey3, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

Noob question - Windows 10 reinstall w/o disc/documentation?

1. Noob question - Windows 10 reinstall w/o disc/documentation? - Similar Threads - Noob question reinstall

2. Reinstall Win11ProforWorkstation w/o Going Through Upgrade AGAIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Win11ProforWorkstation w/o Going Through Upgrade AGAIN: Bought Workstation laptop/ships with Windows10Home. Upgraded to Windows11ProforWorkstation $$$. Kept up-to-date with ALL Microsoft updates.Now 2.5 years later and I need to refresh the laptop.How to force the refresh to refresh to Win11ProforWorkstations at the latest...
  3. Windows 10 is s ... l ... o ... w ...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is s ... l ... o ... w ...: I use my Windows 7 computer whenever possible, ie, not at work.To wait 15 minutes for the Windows 7 disk to grind thru files whenever I power on or wake from sleep is ridiculous.Looking at Linux and Mac....
  4. Windows 10 activation w/o internet

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation w/o internet: How do I activate win 10 without internet. Is there a phone number? I have the product key. Bought the PC from someone else, had to reset it. Don't have internet available. Thanks!...
  5. Noob Question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Noob Question: I need to do a clean install because of lingering issues. I have Win 10 Pro paid. When I reinstall, will the same key work? TIA submitted by /u/Frankie_Hollywood [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kauvg1/noob_question/
  6. Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?: Last nite's update or Disk Cleanup has deleted all my User folders I moved to my Data HDD, H:. (So they're not in C:\Users|Mac20 either). (I do have two 3D Objects in both places oddly.) Is there a way to recreate them somehow or is the only solution to totally reinstall?...
  7. Virtual Memory (Noob Question)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Virtual Memory (Noob Question): So I recently found this article to increase my PC performance by setting this settings to, well it varies. Quick question, how much do I need to put in minimal and max, I have like 8gb of memory right now. [img] 121989
  8. Reinstall Windows 10 on new hard drive w/o recovery disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows 10 on new hard drive w/o recovery disk: I replaced hard drive and don't have a recovery disk. How can I reinstall Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-10-on-new-hard-drive-wo-recovery/403a8967-753c-460d-9899-1cfce2f30cbc
  9. Reinstall Calendar w/o a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall Calendar w/o a Microsoft account: First off, thanks in advance for any help offered. My new ASUS laptop came with Windows 10, so this is not an upgrade install, but an OEM purchase, and therefore not a pre-release build. My problem is this: I accidentally uninstalled the Mail/Calendar app that comes with...
  10. couple questions from a win 10 noob

in Windows 10 Support
    couple questions from a win 10 noob: couple questions from a win 10 noob, 1:Back in the day you could right click and pin to your desktop,Now how do I pin a webpage/site to your desktop?I tried right clicking and it pins to the tabs but not the desktop.I want to be able to access my dashboard without having to...