Windows 10: Nook is seen as a USB drive

Discus and support Nook is seen as a USB drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Nook reset problem My Nook Color will not successfully go through the set up after going into a factory reset. After it asks to choose a time zone,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by limeybiker, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Nook is seen as a USB drive

Nook reset problem

My Nook Color will not successfully go through the set up after going into a factory reset.

After it asks to choose a time zone, it goes to network connections "Let's get connected" and shows our home network with strong signal.

When you try to continue setup, it says a network-related error occurred.

You may have lost connectivity to the local wireless network.

Press continue and we'll try to test your connection.

It fails and gives the Network Problem notice all over again.

The device manager shows it as a hard drive, but explorer shows it as E:USB Drive.

See Screen Captures below.

I need to load a zip file to the root directory of the Nook Color to update to the latest software, to be able to connect to the B& N Store online.

I have done all the recommendations I can find on line.

Changing computers

Changing usb Ports

Changing Nook cables

Rebooting my router

Deleting and reinstalling my wi-fi connection on the Nook

Nook is seen as a USB drive 4c323fc5-3af9-4ade-a39e-8ce9584bd02a?upload=true.png Nook is seen as a USB drive 9418de0e-63b0-4307-90a7-4b8a0711c249?upload=true.png

:)

limeybiker, Sep 21, 2019

2. NOOK free app

Hi Sukaina,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

To guide you in right direction we want to know:

• Do you get any error while downloading?
    • You face this issue with particular App or all the App?

Please follow the methods mentioned below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest that you reset the Windows Store cache as per the below mentioned steps and check:

• Press Windows key and R key together
      to open the Run Window.

• Type wsreset.exe and press Enter key for the command to execute.

Method 2:

You may try to run the in-built Windows Store app troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.

We suggest you to download the App from Microsoft Store, please refer the below link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/newsearch/result.aspx?q=NOOK&form=apps

Please reply us back about the status.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Deepak..Raghav, Sep 21, 2019
  3. Windows 10 not recognizing Nook Color

I am having a similar problem only it is with a number of USB devices. i.e., my android phone, my Nook Touch, My printer, and flash drives (Haven't tried my Nook Color). It recognizes the devices, beeps, opens file manager to view the files, then looses
    them. Then it recognizes it again. Just keeps going in a loop.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling all the USB devices in Device Manager, new drivers, and new USB cables for the devices. Nothing works and I cannot get to any of my devices. Next step will be to just get rid of Windows 10 since I can't print, can't
    backup any of my devices and can't assess any back drives.

Sparrow_0928, Sep 21, 2019
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

Nook is seen as a USB drive

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

Nook is seen as a USB drive

1. Nook is seen as a USB drive - Similar Threads - Nook USB drive

2. Usb hard drive has a different drive letter and is not seen by laptops.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb hard drive has a different drive letter and is not seen by laptops.: I have a usb hard drive that is attached to my router and uses R: on a desktop as its drive letter. However on 2 laptops it uses S:. How do I get the laptops to see and communicate with the hard drive?...
  3. Usb hard drive has a different drive letter and is not seen by laptops.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb hard drive has a different drive letter and is not seen by laptops.: I have a usb hard drive that is attached to my router and uses R: on a desktop as its drive letter. However on 2 laptops it uses S:. How do I get the laptops to see and communicate with the hard drive?...
  4. Win10 ISO USB IS NOT seen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 ISO USB IS NOT seen?: I work for a local charity and we are gradually going up to Windows 11 on new hardware inorder to meet MS intel processor greater than 8th generation. Quite a cost to us with our 50+ laptops and desktops as a charity. I am now as a volunteer rebuilding them with Win10 before...
  5. Win10 ISO USB IS NOT seen?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 ISO USB IS NOT seen?: I work for a local charity and we are gradually going up to Windows 11 on new hardware inorder to meet MS intel processor greater than 8th generation. Quite a cost to us with our 50+ laptops and desktops as a charity. I am now as a volunteer rebuilding them with Win10 before...
  6. nook simple touch not detected in usb port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    nook simple touch not detected in usb port: hello, i have windows 10. i'm trying to connect my nook simple touch to update it, but it won't show up in files anywhere. it'll charge but it wont come up on my pc. i have tried it with a different computer and it doesnt work, so i think its a problem with windows....
  7. Files on USB cannot be seen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files on USB cannot be seen: My backup files/folders cannot be seen on USB drive. After going through the routine to show hidden files and restarting they can be seen. Next time USB drive is connected they do not show again. I have gone through the process to show hidden files several times but...
  8. HDD seen as USB flash drive

HDD seen as USB flash drive: I have inserted in my Win10 64bit PC, an HDD drive (physically), beside the old one, where I have OS installed. Everything is ok, except that my OS see this new HDD as USB stick, right down in system tray, as USB flash drive, and I can eject it by there ... which is not ok. I...
  9. USB flash drive not seen by file managers at start up

USB flash drive not seen by file managers at start up: When I start my desktop computer with a USB flash drive inserted in either of the case's top front two USB 3.0 slots, neither Windows Explorer nor XYplorer (my main file mgr) recognize it, even after refreshing. But after pulling it out and reinserting, they do. How do I go...
  10. SATA to USB Adapter - Drive Not Seen

SATA to USB Adapter - Drive Not Seen: Hi Guys, I have one of those newfangled SATA-to-USB adapters for internal hard drives. I have attempted to hook up two of them - one is a WD Caviar 500GB; another is a Seagate Barracuda 3000GB. I am not able to see inside them. If I go to Windows 10 computer (disk)...