Windows 10: NordVPN Blocking Excel's Autosave

Discus and support NordVPN Blocking Excel's Autosave in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; This issue I've only noticed in the last day or so. If I switch CyberSec on, the 'Internet' icon in the system tray changes from the normal one to a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by CallMeSteven, Oct 15, 2019.

1. NordVPN Blocking Excel's Autosave

This issue I've only noticed in the last day or so. If I switch CyberSec on, the 'Internet' icon in the system tray changes from the normal one to a globe which says no internet connection...although everything internet-wise functions perfectly except Excel's Autosave and Canary Edge account syncing. (Excel refuses to download files previously uploaded to OneDrive)Any suggestions? I'm quite happy for CyberSec to remain off, but I think it offers more protection on!

:)

CallMeSteven, Oct 15, 2019

2. NordVPN Blocking Excel's Autosave

This issue I've only noticed in the last day or so. If I switch CyberSec on, the 'Internet' icon in the system tray changes from the normal one to a globe which says no internet connection...although everything internet-wise functions perfectly except Excel's Autosave and Canary Edge account syncing. (Excel refuses to download files previously uploaded to OneDrive)Any suggestions? I'm quite happy for CyberSec to remain off, but I think it offers more protection on!

CallMeSteven, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Tsugazi Win User
    Autosave in Excel Mobile (WM5)

Point taken. I still think it's ridiculous that there isn't an autosave feature embedded in this, and I suspect, other Microsoft mobile products. I recently downloaded a trial version of Ptab by Z4Soft (Windows Mobile, Pocket PC, Smartphone Software) that has an autosave feature,
    which allows you to save at a minimum of 1 min intervals. In my initial looks, it appears as though it does everything and more than MS's Excel mobile. Although I'm not certain whether I want to spend $30 for the program, I am considering it due to the
    lack of features of Excel.

Any other thoughts? suggestions?

Tsugazi, Oct 15, 2019
  4. Alden Rey Win User

NordVPN Blocking Excel's Autosave

excel not auto recovering and manually saving

Hi,

The concern you have encountered with Excel not auto saving may be due to a corrupted file or a misconfigured setting.

May we ask if you have 3rd party software running when using Excel? If yes, we suggest to temporarily disable it to isolate the issue.

Any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?

Have you tried any possible troubleshooting steps? If yes, what are those steps and did you get any error messages?

You can turn-on the auto save option by the following steps:

• Open Excel
    • Go to File then Options
    • Under Save option, check the 'Save AutoRecovery information in every' option
    the best way to check when auto save is disabled is to hover over the toggle and read the reason that the popup tool tip identifies. Simply follow the steps provided in this

article

According to this
    article
    the autosave function will be disabled when the file is in the old file format .xls.

Kindly keep us posted with the results.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

NordVPN Blocking Excel's Autosave

1. NordVPN Blocking Excel's Autosave - Similar Threads - NordVPN Blocking Excel's

2. Autosave Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autosave Issue: Hi Everyone Can someone out there help me please, I have just installed MS Office LTSC Pro Plus 2021 on my computer and went to set Autosave in MS Word and get the following message: Before AutoSave can save your file, you need to fix the following. This file needs to be...
  3. Is there AutoSave in WORD?

Is there AutoSave in WORD?: I use WORD for all my documents that I create. I was using the auto save feature which prevented the constant pop-up of the "Do you want to save changes" every time I closed out and it automatically saved my work. Today my laptop received an update and I no longer see a way...
  4. Excel AutoSave Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel AutoSave Feature: If the Excel AutoSave feature requires saving files on OneDrive and Windows 11 automatically syncs system folders with OneDrive, why cannot I AutoSave Excel files residing on my Desktop?...
  5. Excel AutoSave Feature

Excel AutoSave Feature: If the Excel AutoSave feature requires saving files on OneDrive and Windows 11 automatically syncs system folders with OneDrive, why cannot I AutoSave Excel files residing on my Desktop?...
  6. AUTOSAVE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AUTOSAVE: How do I get my word or excel file to AUTOSAVE without being forced to use onedrive. There was a time when you could set the AUTOSAVE TO 1,2,5, 10 minutes, which was a huge protection agains a computer freezing on you....
  7. AUTOSAVE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    AUTOSAVE: How do I get my word or excel file to AUTOSAVE without being forced to use onedrive. There was a time when you could set the AUTOSAVE TO 1,2,5, 10 minutes, which was a huge protection agains a computer freezing on you....
  8. AUTOSAVE

9. Blocking app startup unless VPN is active (NordVPN)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blocking app startup unless VPN is active (NordVPN): I'm wondering if there is any way to block the opening/starting of an app unless a VPN is active? I use NordVPN, with their client but can configure it through the Windows VPN configuration page if needed. Is this even possible? I do have kill switch enabled for the program...
  10. Autosave documents in Word, Excel, Powerpoint

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Autosave documents in Word, Excel, Powerpoint: There is now a "feature" which has lost me documents (or would have had I not had backups). As many people do, I sometimes load an old document to act as a template, making suitable amendments and saving it under a new name. The problem is that unless I remember to...