Windows 10: Nordvpn locks up PC

Discus and support Nordvpn locks up PC in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I had been using Nordvpn for a while and it was either locking up my PC or really slowing it down. I know most VPN's will slow down the internet... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by huffman, Aug 14, 2021.

1. huffman Win User

Nordvpn locks up PC

I had been using Nordvpn for a while and it was either locking up my PC or really slowing it down. I know most VPN's will slow down the internet connections but it had got unbearable. I just had to uninstall Nordvpn and I am no longer locking up and speed of the internet is remarkably faster. Any ideas to use a vpn and not have these issues?"

:)

huffman, Aug 14, 2021

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 14, 2021
  3. RCoon Win User
    PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Aug 14, 2021
  4. Nordvpn locks up PC

NordVPN in Windows 10 reduces FIOS sped from 900Mbps to 90Mbps

I am using NordVPN & as soon as I connect using VPN, the FIOS speed drops from 900Mbps to 90Mbps or less. The NordVPN tech support has tweaked several settings -- no IPv6, WINS settings, etc. (see below). Nothing helps. Any ideas that will solve this problem?
    Thanks in advance.

• Double click on "Limit reservable bandwidth" -> click on "Enabled" and set the value of "Bandwidth limit(%):" to 0%
    • Navigate to the WINS tab and select to disable the NetBIOS over TCP/IP.
    • Try setting up IKEv2 connection method using this guide, unlike OpenVPN used in NordVPN application, IKEv2 can run multi threaded often providing better speed

SibaMohanty1, Aug 14, 2021
Thema:

Nordvpn locks up PC

1. Nordvpn locks up PC - Similar Threads - Nordvpn locks

2. I recently switch to nordvpn and now I can't recover any of my data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I recently switch to nordvpn and now I can't recover any of my data: I can't recover any of my files in windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-switch-to-nordvpn-and-now-i-cant/fec387fb-c519-47aa-9160-090a20977231
  3. How do I uninstall NordVPN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I uninstall NordVPN?: I recently installed NordVPN for a free trial about 3 days ago. The free trial ended, and I decided to uninstall NordVPN. I uninstalled the app from Settings > Apps > Installed Apps > NordVPN and clicked uninstall. It uninstalled successfully. In control panel, there was no...
  4. How do I uninstall NordVPN?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I uninstall NordVPN?: I recently installed NordVPN for a free trial about 3 days ago. The free trial ended, and I decided to uninstall NordVPN. I uninstalled the app from Settings > Apps > Installed Apps > NordVPN and clicked uninstall. It uninstalled successfully. In control panel, there was no...
  5. Can NordVPN's Threat Protection work side-by-side with Defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can NordVPN's Threat Protection work side-by-side with Defender?: Hi everyone and happy new year.Having NordVPN's Threat Protection both Web and File protection fully ACTIVE, could it automatically disable Windows Defender? I ask that because I know that Defender is automatically disabled when another anti-virus is active on the system. But...
  6. Can NordVPN's Threat Protection work side-by-side with Defender?

Can NordVPN's Threat Protection work side-by-side with Defender?: Hi everyone and happy new year.Having NordVPN's Threat Protection both Web and File protection fully ACTIVE, could it automatically disable Windows Defender? I ask that because I know that Defender is automatically disabled when another anti-virus is active on the system. But...
  7. I need help with Wi-Fi , been going back and forth with Microsoft and NordVPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with Wi-Fi , been going back and forth with Microsoft and NordVPN: Okay so…Windows 10 homeWindows 7 proI installed a new mesh system : Deco 6EI have 2 laptops, with NordVPN on them and they will not recognize my new mesh system via connect to Wi-Fi . All of my other devices will recognize the mesh system; smart tv’s, phones, iPads, you name...
  8. I need help with Wi-Fi , been going back and forth with Microsoft and NordVPN

I need help with Wi-Fi , been going back and forth with Microsoft and NordVPN: Okay so…Windows 10 homeWindows 7 proI installed a new mesh system : Deco 6EI have 2 laptops, with NordVPN on them and they will not recognize my new mesh system via connect to Wi-Fi . All of my other devices will recognize the mesh system; smart tv’s, phones, iPads, you name...
  9. I need help with Wi-Fi , been going back and forth with Microsoft and NordVPN

10. Locked myself out remote windows server 2012 with NordVPN

Locked myself out remote windows server 2012 with NordVPN: Hello, Is there any way to like remote reboot the sucker, so i can get on it again. Lesson learn don't use VPN on a remote server *Biggrin I can't get to the version number *cry 146015