Windows 10: "nordvpn-service.exe" can't be deleted?

Discus and support "nordvpn-service.exe" can't be deleted? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey. I'm trying to reinstall NordVPN, but it's been causing problems. The installer is greasing up because it can't find the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DumbUser567, Jul 10, 2020.

1. "nordvpn-service.exe" can't be deleted?

Hey. I'm trying to reinstall NordVPN, but it's been causing problems. The installer is greasing up because it can't find the file "nordvpn-service.exe".

The file is located in the directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\NorthVPN\nordvpn-service.exe". I suppose deleting the file should solve the problem, but I have tried almost everything I could think of and the file still cannot be deleted (nor the directory it is in).

Am btw. logged in with an admin account.

Does anyone know how to make that happen?

:)

DumbUser567, Jul 10, 2020

2. service.exe - entry point not found

the procedure entry point DeviceEventWorker could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\ProgramData\Windows\Profile\service.exe.

It came up of nowhere and i can't get rid of it

LaleHalliyeva, Jul 10, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    service.exe - entry point not found

Hi Lale

That file can belong to a number of different software products, are you running CyberGhost VPN - that is the most likely culprit . . .

If you are not running that VPN on your PC, there must be some startup process referencing that service.exe file and you need to remove that startup item . . .

Task Manager and indeed Msconfig offer only limited control over Startup items . . .

Click the link below to download a small free utility that does not require installation

When the file downloads, unzip it.

Depending on your system, run Autoruns or Autoruns64 as Administrator

With that utility, you can right click and delete any startup item in Windows

In the initial list and on the Logon Tab, look for any reference to Service.exe, then untick any you find . . .

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/d...

DaveM121, Jul 10, 2020
  4. kirstuk Win User

"nordvpn-service.exe" can't be deleted?

message saying service.exe -entry point not found

please help i keep getting this message comeing on my screen it says

service.exe -entry point not found

the procedure entry point deviceeventworker could not be

located in the dynamic link library

c:\programdata\windows\profile\service.exe.

i would like to know what it means and get it off the screen

kirstuk, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

"nordvpn-service.exe" can't be deleted?

1. "nordvpn-service.exe" can't be deleted? - Similar Threads - nordvpn service exe

2. Can't delete an empty .exe file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete an empty .exe file: So, I followed this advice from DaveM121 and now I can't delete the .exe file as it says it is open in the file explorer. it is not easy to remove a file association in Windows 10,Please take this step by Step and the problem will be resolvedOpen Windows File ExplorerOn the...
  3. Can't delete an empty .exe file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete an empty .exe file: So, I followed this advice from DaveM121 and now I can't delete the .exe file as it says it is open in the file explorer. it is not easy to remove a file association in Windows 10,Please take this step by Step and the problem will be resolvedOpen Windows File ExplorerOn the...
  4. Can't delete an empty .exe file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't delete the service and folder "SaplimitedCarasu"

Can't delete the service and folder "SaplimitedCarasu": Hello everyone,somehow I got a .exe running on my PC, but I never installed it or even had to do anything with it.I want to delete it, but it is always running, when I close the task, it opens immedatly. I tried to delete the registry, but I got also a message that I cant...
  6. Can't delete the service and folder "SaplimitedCarasu"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete the service and folder "SaplimitedCarasu": Hello everyone,somehow I got a .exe running on my PC, but I never installed it or even had to do anything with it.I want to delete it, but it is always running, when I close the task, it opens immedatly. I tried to delete the registry, but I got also a message that I cant...
  7. Can't delete the service and folder "SaplimitedCarasu"

8. Can't delete 0 byte .exe file

Can't delete 0 byte .exe file: Hello folk, so last night I was downloading things and downloaded this .exe which was worth 0 bytes, I put it through virus total and nothing came up so I ran it. Nothing happened or so I thought so I tried to delete it, when I tried to delete it I was met with a window...
  9. Can't delete 0 byte .exe file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete 0 byte .exe file: Hello folk, so last night I was downloading things and downloaded this .exe which was worth 0 bytes, I put it through virus total and nothing came up so I ran it. Nothing happened or so I thought so I tried to delete it, when I tried to delete it I was met with a window...
  10. .exe file deletion

.exe file deletion: Hello I've been having troubles with .exe files I try to permantley delete the folder and it'll remove everything except the .exe file if I delete the .exe file with a shift+del it'll dissapear then repair once I refresh the folder it's in. If I use the normal delete method...