Windows 10: Normal desktop view

Discus and support Normal desktop view in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; this is how I see my desktop view now: all the icons like I would have opened the start bar. but I didn't and it stay that way. cannot go to normal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EgleStankeviciute, Sep 8, 2018.

1. EgleStankeviciute Win User

Normal desktop view

this is how I see my desktop view now: all the icons like I would have opened the start bar. but I didn't and it stay that way. cannot go to normal desktop view. I don't like it terribly. I don't know how it got changed to this, and I want my normal desktop back.

:)

EgleStankeviciute, Sep 8, 2018
  2. GrantMacKinnon Win User

Change from tablet view to normal desktop view.

I was experimenting and tried Tablet view. Now I can't change it back to normal desktop view.

***Moved from: Windows / Apps on Windows 10 / Other Windows apps / Productivity***

GrantMacKinnon, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Andre Da Costa Win User
    Andre Da Costa, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Divya Murugan Win User

Normal desktop view

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Normal desktop view

1. Normal desktop view - Similar Threads - Normal desktop view

2. Task View/Virtual Desktops.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task View/Virtual Desktops.: Hi everyone. I've been using the Task View feature a lot on my PC, and I was wondering if I could make the two desktops different from each other? For example. Having a desktop or 2 for school/work, and one for Gaming. With different shortcuts on the desktop. Different...
  3. Desktop Item View Size

Desktop Item View Size: On my desktop I only have one shortcut: Recycle Bin. The thing is, this shortcut size is set to extra-large. I don't see a way to decrease the size when I right click it. How can I change the size?...
  4. Resizing Pages + Desktop View

in Windows 10 Support
    Resizing Pages + Desktop View: One moment I am happily working on my PC then, after clicking on 'New Email', I found that the email message covered the entire screen. Usually, it opens at a smaller size so I assume that to be the default size. When I went to reduce its size - by clicking on the overlapping...
  5. manage "desktop" view in file explorer

manage "desktop" view in file explorer: there is a program that I removed using the company's remover tool -- the program is adobe creative cloud 2015 -- and in windows file explorer, when I enter the "desktop" view, there is a white, blank file icon that bears the name "creative cloud files". this icon has no...
  6. How to restore "normal" desktop in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to restore "normal" desktop in Windows 10: Hi all, So, Win 10 has just completed a routine update, (that is Windows 10 updating itself through win updater - not updating to Windows 10 from an earlier version) and now the classic desktop has gone, and has been replaced by the Windows 8 style (the one with live tiles...
  7. Is this normal?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is this normal?: So, I have a new computer, two days old, haven't downloaded anything but avast. Never clicked on a suspicious link etc. I've noticed something that keeps occurring, however. On the blue shut down screen for windows 10, right before my computer logs off, the screen briefly...
  8. Switching From The Tiles View To The "Normal" Windows View: How

in Windows 10 Support
    Switching From The Tiles View To The "Normal" Windows View: How: Hello, Not too sharp with this "stuff" anymore at my age now, so please bear with me a bit. Desktop pc. It always seems to open up with that Tiles View, which I really dislike. I want the basic, Windows view, without the Tiles, which I "think" is called a Start Menu...
  9. desktop view

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop view: In W10 .... how do I switch from the start screen (with tiles) to a desktop with conventional icons? 43880
  10. Desktop view has become the view of a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop view has become the view of a folder: Running windows 10 for several months but only recently the main desktop view when computer comes onhas acquired the look of a folder only with the normal desktop colors. That is, there is white band across the topwith such things as `| name | Size | Item Type | Date...