Windows 10: Normal user account doesn't have permission to open program. How can I give it using the...

Discus and support Normal user account doesn't have permission to open program. How can I give it using the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/CaptainHunt [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f41pf9/normal_user_account_doesnt_have_permission_to/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CaptainHunt, Feb 14, 2020 at 7:43 PM.

1. Normal user account doesn't have permission to open program. How can I give it using the...

/u/CaptainHunt, Feb 14, 2020 at 7:43 PM

2. Program Permissions for Roommates

Hi,

To address your concern with granting program permissions, we suggest the you perform these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Under User Account and Family settings click on Add or remove user account.
    • Click on the user account you'd like to have changes with.
    • Under the user account click on Go to the main User Account page >
      Make changes to your user account > Change security settings.
    • In the "Turn on User Account Control (UAC) to make your computer more secure" click to unselect the "Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer". Click
      OK.
    • You will be prompted to reboot your computer. Do so when ready.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Feb 14, 2020 at 7:57 PM
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Normal user account doesn't have permission to open program. How can I give it using the... [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

4. Normal user account doesn't have permission to open program. How can I give it using the...

Program Permissions for Roommates

We appreciate your response.

If you're still unable to change the permission settings, you may try these steps:

• Right-click on the application or program that you'd like to grant permissions.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click on Security > Edit.
    • Under Group or User names, click on the user account name you'd like to have changes with, then tick the
      boxes under Allow.
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Rachelle Gra, Feb 14, 2020 at 7:57 PM
Thema:

Normal user account doesn't have permission to open program. How can I give it using the...

1. Normal user account doesn't have permission to open program. How can I give it using the... - Similar Threads - Normal user account

2. How can I run a program as an administrator user on a basic users account from the same...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I run a program as an administrator user on a basic users account from the same...: I am trying to make a scheduled task that a basic user can call upon, that will open a cmd window on the basic users desktop with admin privileges using a different admin account When I run the task I created, it will open the cmd as admin only in the admin users desktop...
  3. How can I reset permissions when built in Administrator account does not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I reset permissions when built in Administrator account does not open: I accidentally corrupted the permissions for the one user installed. I did get the administrator account to show as active, but it does not show up during startup. Everything I try says access denied Is there anything I can do to reset permissions to default?...
  4. How to give permissions?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to give permissions?: how to give permissions ***Modified title from: permissions*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-give-permissions/352a0774-3311-4047-8075-a58cce77ef8e
  5. User account permissions...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account permissions...: Purchased a new PC - ran the initial setup routines and set myself as (sole) user. Also set with NO password/local account... However, when I right-click-run-as-administrator an exe file or shortcut to run a programme I always recieve a pop-up asking if I want to make...
  6. remove-appxpackage doesn't work on normal user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove-appxpackage doesn't work on normal user account: Hello, i am using windows 10 pro 64bit 17134 build Uninstall Apps in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials Even if i enter command -allusers , or -user username doesn't work, can't uninstall packages like weather on normal user account. Tried this command on admin and non admin...
  7. User account does not have permission to modify tasks

User account does not have permission to modify tasks: Since upgrading to Windows 10 only one of my scheduled tasks seems to work. I cannot edit a current task or create a new one as I get the following error message: "Task scheduler cannot apply your changes. The user account is unknown, the password is incorrect, or the...
  8. how to do I Enable Permissions in different user accounts

how to do I Enable Permissions in different user accounts: So here goes, I am a complete amateur here and with computers so please let me know if I have anything wrong here! I have windows 10 on my computer which updated from Windows 7. I had always used an administrator account sofinding out I could not use any apps at all when...
  9. Shared Drive: "Your user account doesn't have permission to access"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared Drive: "Your user account doesn't have permission to access": My Windows 10 laptop has several shared drives (not folders). They are shared with Everyone, Full Control, Password-Protected sharing is off. I can't access them from my main PC, but I can access the Users\Public folder. Sharing settings below... 45176
  10. How can I give permission to move a protected folder to myself?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I give permission to move a protected folder to myself?: So I'm trying to move a folder from an external hard drive to my desktop, but when I try that, it says that I need permission from my own account, does anyone know how to fix this? 100042