Windows 10: Normal user on "Run as administrator" is error

Discus and support Normal user on "Run as administrator" is error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In Windows, I have logged in on both normal user and Administrator. But normal user on Run as administrator, it is only error on typing password. But I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Odd, May 9, 2021.

1. ODD
    Odd Win User

Normal user on "Run as administrator" is error

In Windows, I have logged in on both normal user and Administrator. But normal user on Run as administrator, it is only error on typing password. But I can logged on Administrator, no password there. Can you help me? EditionWindows 10 Home Version20H2 Installed on‎28/‎01/‎2021 OS build19042.964 Serial numberPF2FBW0J ExperienceWindows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0

:)

2. jimbobs Win User

Administrator level User

Got the laptop. It's a Lenovo G500 so possibly has Lenovo stuff in the way? Anyway, booted it normally and it opens into a regular account without admin privileges. Rebooted it into Recovery mode (per Option 5) and get Lenovo logo and Preparing Automatic Repair message; then Select Account + "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC". There is an option "Forgot your password or don't see your account?" but selecting that brings up a screen which should list admin accounts but there aren't any. Pressing the only option on that page Restart leads eventually to a BSOD with Stop code: 0xc00002e3 (which I know is misconfigured o/s or missing or damaged system files).

Can anybody suggest next steps in resolving this?

jimbobs, May 9, 2021
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Hi Rebekah,

It's possible that you're not using an elevated command prompt, causing the Access Denied error. We suggest following these steps to properly disable the built-in administrator account:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste net user Administrator /active:no and press
      Enter
      . If the command isn't successful, please post a screenshot so that we can study it further.

Let us know if you're able to hide the administrator account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, May 9, 2021
  4. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, May 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Normal user on "Run as administrator" is error - Similar Threads - Normal user Run

2. When a normal user wants to run a program as administrator, it can take almost a minute...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When a normal user wants to run a program as administrator, it can take almost a minute...: This started happening a few months ago. Then a week ago the problem went away for a day or two and then returned. Today the problem is gone again. Any help out there?...
  3. Normal user on "Run as administrator" is error

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Normal user on "Run as administrator" is error: In Windows, I have logged in on both normal user and Administrator. But normal user on Run as administrator, it is only error on typing password. But I can logged on Administrator, no password there. Can you help me? EditionWindows 10 Home Version20H2 Installed...
  4. built-in administrator & my "normal" administrator accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    built-in administrator & my "normal" administrator accounts: i am noticing that the hidden, built-in administrator account seems to have a different hostname than my "normal" administrator's host name for administrator when i do "net user" in cmd i see my hostname as "\\" for my "normal" administrator account that i created and...
  5. run as administrator returns error

run as administrator returns error: When I'm in a user account and use run as administrator, it returns an error. [ATTACH] I can open the app without the admin option and I can open it if I login to my admin account. I have installed the latest updates. This has been going on for about 3 weeks. Any ideas?...
  6. Running as a different user / Administrator

Running as a different user / Administrator: Hi, I work in a large enterprise and found that many users on the service desk / 2nd line support are having issues when running applications such as CMD, Active Directory, SCCM etc as a different user (signing in with their Admin Account) When they sign in as a...
  7. Run Administrator Programs in Startup of Standard User

Run Administrator Programs in Startup of Standard User: I have both an administrator and standard account on my laptop. I use the standard account for every general task and do not use the administrator account unless absolutely needed. There are two pieces of software I want to run at startup every time either my standard account...
  8. normal user account automatically changed to administrator

normal user account automatically changed to administrator: Hello, my normal user accouting automatically changed to administrator. How that even can happen ??? I didn't do anything, windows is so bugged... 116360
  9. normal user accouting automatically changed to administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    normal user accouting automatically changed to administrator: Hello, my normal user accouting automatically changed to administrator. How that even can happen ??? I didn't do anything, windows is so bugged... 116360
  10. Run User Program As Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run User Program As Administrator: I want to create a small program (bat, exe, PowerShell, whatever) to delete all Event logs. I want to put this on the C drive (not a shortcut on the desktop), double-click it, and it runs. I don't want to have to right-click and choose Run as administrator. Approving the UAC...