Windows 10: Normally When in updates see this should backup and upgrade

Discus and support Normally When in updates see this should backup and upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Normally When in updates see this... should backup and upgrade to Windows 11 Pro... ???... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lse123polis, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Normally When in updates see this should backup and upgrade

Normally When in updates see this... should backup and upgrade to Windows 11 Pro... ???

:)

Lse123polis, Jan 26, 2022
  2. Bokenzhe Win User

Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

Question

• Normally When in updates see this should backup and upgrade [​IMG]

Applies to

5 views Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

My backup stubbornly refuses to run. I can't run the initial backup, therefore the file history backups don't run either. This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time. Suggestions I've received have not worked so far. Following is the problem
    and the failed resolution attempts:

• I get this message from the Event Log:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID - 201

Level: Error

User - System

*** ---- There is no config file at this directory location. The contents of the location are:

catalog1

catalog2

config1

config2

• In another thread from July, someone suggested checking a particular service (I forget the name just now) is running. It is.

• Two days ago a Microsoft employee suggested the following steps. These steps resulted in no change, still no backup:

KA

Karthicka_R replied on

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to start and stop the services “Windows backup” and “volume shadow copy” and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and in the run command box type “services. MSc”.
    • Search for the service “Windows Backup” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not, click on “OK” button. I suggest you to stop and start the service again.
    • Once done again search for the service “Volume shadow copy” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. I suggest you to stop and start the service again, click on “OK” button and
      check whether you can perform backup successfully.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

• I performed these steps multiple times. The backup still crashes, with the same error message. In addition I collected the following error message, but only one time:

Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 200

• Can anyone help me with this stubborn problem?

Thank you in advance.

Bokenzhe, Jan 26, 2022
  3. Geekoid Win User
    Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Jan 26, 2022
  4. btarunr Win User

Normally When in updates see this should backup and upgrade

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Jan 26, 2022
Thema:

Normally When in updates see this should backup and upgrade

1. Normally When in updates see this should backup and upgrade - Similar Threads - Normally updates should

2. When should i upgrade?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When should i upgrade?: would like some insight please: I am currently in the process of saving up towards some new parts, such as an rtx 3060 ti, a ryzen 7 2800x processor, and a new higher wattage psu. will this benefit my gaming or computer speed overall? for reference my current parts are: the...
  3. When should i upgrade?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When should i upgrade?: would like some insight please: I am currently in the process of saving up towards some new parts, such as an rtx 3060 ti, a ryzen 7 2800x processor, and a new higher wattage psu. will this benefit my gaming or computer speed overall? for reference my current parts are: the...
  4. When should i upgrade?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Normally When in updates see this should backup and upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Normally When in updates see this should backup and upgrade: Normally When in updates see this... should backup and upgrade to Windows 11 Pro... ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/normally-when-in-updates-see-this-should-backup/6bd8b092-4134-48ab-ab97-b31e58f41a7f
  6. Normally When in updates see this should backup and upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Normally When in updates see this should backup and upgrade: Normally When in updates see this... should backup and upgrade to Windows 11 Pro... ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/normally-when-in-updates-see-this-should-backup/6bd8b092-4134-48ab-ab97-b31e58f41a7f
  7. Is the antimalware normal or should I be worried

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is the antimalware normal or should I be worried: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Killerdj284 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l5kbh9/is_the_antimalware_normal_or_should_i_be_worried/
  8. system image or normal backup?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    system image or normal backup?: Normal backup (folders I select and entire C drive) is ok to restore my computer if in case its stops working? or I have to do entire full system image to restore my computer? I usually dont do system image because it takes ages to complete so I do only selected folders from...
  9. Should I be seeing artifacts?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Should I be seeing artifacts?: I bought a new EVGA 1080 graphics card and artifacts pop up and disappear a few times per day. Nothing major but noise here and there. Never happened with my old graphics card (EVGA 660) on the same computer (I upgraded my graphics card recently). The only change (which is...
  10. Backup stopped working when I upgraded

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup stopped working when I upgraded: I just upgraded from Windows 7 home premium to windows 10. When the automatic backup that I had scheduled under windows 7 ran, I got an error. When I try to run backup manually, I get an error saying that I don't have enough space. My C drive is a 745 GB drive with only 128...