Windows 10: Norton dangerous website pop up

Discus and support Norton dangerous website pop up in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just tried to log on to my outlook/email account, and a Norton alert popped up - "This is a dangerous website" with the option to continue to site.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Scribe2550, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Norton dangerous website pop up

I just tried to log on to my outlook/email account, and a Norton alert popped up - "This is a dangerous website" with the option to continue to site. I've never seen this before. Is this a scam, and if I did continue to website, is it ransomware? How do I access my Hotmail?

:)

Scribe2550, Aug 2, 2018

2. Norton Security not loading with Windows 10 - Why?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community forums!

I would recommend you follow the below given steps and check if it fixes the issue.

I would suggest you to restart the Norton services from the services list, and set the Norton service to automatic.

Follow these steps to run Norton services:

Method 1:

Follow these steps to run Norton services

a. Press Windows key + R

b. In the run windows, type services.msc

c. It will open services windows

d. select norton services from the list of services

e. double click on it

f. At the top of the window, Make sure the service status is started and startup type is
    automatic.

g.Click apply and OK.

If this does not fix the issue, try uninstalling and reinstalling Norton software and check if it helps.

If the above steps do not help , I would suggest you to contact Norton for further help.

Let us know the status.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Norton Download Manager continually pops up, telling me to install upgraded version of Norton. The problem with this is, I am not running Norton on my PC.

Original title: Enbedded Norton in WIndows 10

Recently upgraded PC to Windows 10. Norton Download Manager continually pops up, telling me to install upgraded version of Norton. The problem with this is, I am not running Norton on my PC. I have followed the steps recommended by Norton for removal of
    this, however, the pop up returns after a short period of time. I have even had Norton access my PC, and they thought they had resolved the issue. The only thing this did was delay the return for about 12 hours. I am not running any Symantec software on
    my PC, ergo, the issue seems to be embedded in the Windows upgrade. Norton is supposed to be a virus removal product, however it is clinging to WIdows in a manner that suggests that IT is a virus. Any ideas on how to get this finally off of my platform?

GeorgeDelahoussaye, Aug 2, 2018
  4. Norton dangerous website pop up

Norton Download Manager continually pops up, telling me to install upgraded version of Norton. The problem with this is, I am not running Norton on my PC.

Hi George,

Sorry for the trouble! Please follow the instructions on the article here Message: "Install an updated version of your Norton product for Windows 10" and
    let us know if that helps.

Thanks

Charlie

Norton Support

NortonSupport, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

Norton dangerous website pop up

1. Norton dangerous website pop up - Similar Threads - Norton dangerous website

2. norton pop ups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    norton pop ups: never had norton installed on my pc, but lately, but not always, a norton security pop up appears when bring up an article on the new york post newspaper website. note that this has occurring only that website. any ideas?p.shappens on edge and chrome...
  3. norton pop ups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    norton pop ups: never had norton installed on my pc, but lately, but not always, a norton security pop up appears when bring up an article on the new york post newspaper website. note that this has occurring only that website. any ideas?p.shappens on edge and chrome...
  4. Norton Security keeps popping up on my screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Norton Security keeps popping up on my screen: Hello, I recently bought this new laptop and it came with a month free trial of Norton Security. It's over now and I don't want to renew. But every time I open my laptop I get this pop up that asks me if I want to renew. How do I get rid of it?I've tried going in and...
  5. Norton Security keeps popping up on my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Norton Security keeps popping up on my screen: Hello, I recently bought this new laptop and it came with a month free trial of Norton Security. It's over now and I don't want to renew. But every time I open my laptop I get this pop up that asks me if I want to renew. How do I get rid of it?I've tried going in and...
  6. Malwarebytes Website Blocked Pop Up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes Website Blocked Pop Up: Hello, I have been receiving this pop up on my computer for months now and can't seem to get rid of it. It pops up every 5-10 seconds. I have ran Malewarebytes scans ADWCleaner scans and nothing is working! I clicked on a phishing email some time ago which may be the cause....
  7. how to stop norton virus renewal pop up and flash player pop ups

how to stop norton virus renewal pop up and flash player pop ups: This just started happening recently while browsing real estate on Zillow. I don't know if the site is hacked or my computer has been compromised somehow. When the Norton renewal pops up, the only way to make it go away is close the browser and reopen. Then it just happens...
  8. Scammer Popped up on Amazon Website

Scammer Popped up on Amazon Website: I was trying to get on amazon and a warning page popped up that told me multiple accounts were being hacked into. How can I make that not pop up/do I forever need to just remember not to click that? It was the same exact message that another person had commented and written...
  9. Norton rates TenForums as Dangerous

in Windows 10 Support
    Norton rates TenForums as Dangerous: I've tried several times to tell you that Norton says TenForums is a "dangerous sites" but I've just realised that I made a complete mess-up - all my messages to you have been sent to me, not to you! (This was well before I indulged in Christmas cheer.) Here's my post on...
  10. Website Pops up

in Browsers and Email
    Website Pops up: I have windows 10 and for my Browser I use Firefox which I set as the default. But just about every time I try to open Firefox, the page that opens is one of Microsoft's pages about Office 2016.This has been going on for about a week. Isn't there some way to stop that? Thanks...