Windows 10: norton firewall not turned on. should it be?

Discus and support norton firewall not turned on. should it be? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; no active firewall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/norton-firewall-not-turned-on-should-it-be/fa8649bc-980f-4c0b-a22a-b4c3124ee68b Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by gerardrobinson1, Nov 22, 2019.

1. norton firewall not turned on. should it be?

no active firewall.

:)

gerardrobinson1, Nov 22, 2019

2. Norton 360 Firewall Instructions

So, just to make sure, you have disabled the Norton and it connects OK, e.g. the firewall is the problem? I would say that the settings for the Norton Personal Firewall would be the same for 360 since same manufacturer. You should be able to input the same
    info in 360 somewhere. Sorry, but I'm not familiar with the software so can't give step by step instructions. I guess you could wait for someone to respond that has experience with 360 or go to a Norton forum.

Resourceful, Nov 22, 2019
  3. TJ1974K Win User
    Keep receiving firewall notifications and having to turn on 'Windows Firewall' and Norton.

Keep receiving firewall notifications, and having to turn on 'Windows Firewall' and Norton. Should they both be on or one or the other.

Original Title: Network Firewall

TJ1974K, Nov 22, 2019
  4. crsam Win User

norton firewall not turned on. should it be?

Windows firewall VS Norton firewall?

Now running windows 10 from win 7, 64 bit, Norton security protection. Have firewall question.

Does it matter which firewall I use, is one better than the other? the reason I'm asking is when windows firewall is turned off, windows updates failed messages are received with error code:

0x80073D0A

I turn windows firewall back on and then the failed updates install properly. Therefore I'm thinking of turning off Norton firewall and using windows firewall until this is fixed. Please advise, thanks.

crsam, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

norton firewall not turned on. should it be?

1. norton firewall not turned on. should it be? - Similar Threads - norton firewall turned

2. Norton Security (Comcast) firewall gets turned off, can't reset it ON

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Norton Security (Comcast) firewall gets turned off, can't reset it ON: The Smart Firewall part of Norton Internet Security (Comcast) is turned off and the Settings window for the firewall is all greyed out. I can't even move the scroll bar. I uninstalled and reinstalled NIS. At first, the firewall was active, but then it became inactive again....
  3. Nortons Firewall Prevented Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Nortons Firewall Prevented Access: About a month ago I finally set up a sharing network between my two PC's. My old computer has Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit), and my new one is Windows 10 Professional (64-bit). Everything was working perfectly, and just last night, I was not able to access the shared...
  4. Firewall won't turn on?

Firewall won't turn on?: I am trying to turn on my firewall, but I keep getting this message. When I click use recommended settings, the error dialog box pops up. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-wont-turn-on/fd28b351-60af-4345-b841-4b185baf7f11
  5. firewall not turning on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    firewall not turning on: I had installed an anti-virus app on my pc, before that I had turned off firewalls, because the anti-virus app keeps interrupting me; I uninstalled it. Now I get no option to turn on the Firewall due to that my network status appears as a dashed line. Also, the network...
  6. windows firewall will not turn on

windows firewall will not turn on: windows firewall is down windows defender is down . I am unable to start services nor change properties on the items also windows firewall driver is not working. every thing I try is blocked or I am not given access denied access that is ....
  7. Firewall turned off

Firewall turned off: Why am I receiving message firewall is turned off, but when I check security firewall is on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/firewall-turned-off/c12a23bd-426d-4406-91d4-54f50be196cd
  8. Firewall refusing to turn on

Firewall refusing to turn on: A while back, all my windows apps got deleted. I immediately thought it was a virus, and tried to find the cause. I deleted all my apps that weren't from trusted developers, and tried to redownload the windows store using powershell. I was given an error as my firewall was...
  9. Can't turn on Firewall

Can't turn on Firewall: After removing Norton using the Norton Removal Tool can't turn on Firewall. Windows Firewall Service is set on Automatic.Remote Procedure Call Service & the Base Filtering Engine Service is started and set on Automatic.Would you help me,please? [img] 43975
  10. Should I turn off Windows Firewall?

Should I turn off Windows Firewall?: Hey, Just got this firewall "Glasswire" and was wondering if I should turn off Windows 10 Firewall while I'm using it? I'm just not sure if Glasswire gives me as much protection as the Windows one give me. -Thanks! 19741

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is norton firewall better than windows firewall 2020