Windows 10: Norton Installation

Discus and support Norton Installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have bought a 2 year subscription of Norton Security. My Microsoft Surface Go does not allow it to be installed. How do I go about to install my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bart Van Der Merwe, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Norton Installation

I have bought a 2 year subscription of Norton Security. My Microsoft Surface Go does not allow it to be installed. How do I go about to install my Norton program?

:)

Bart Van Der Merwe, Oct 11, 2018

2. Norton Security not loading with Windows 10 - Why?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community forums!

I would recommend you follow the below given steps and check if it fixes the issue.

I would suggest you to restart the Norton services from the services list, and set the Norton service to automatic.

Follow these steps to run Norton services:

Method 1:

Follow these steps to run Norton services

a. Press Windows key + R

b. In the run windows, type services.msc

c. It will open services windows

d. select norton services from the list of services

e. double click on it

f. At the top of the window, Make sure the service status is started and startup type is
    automatic.

g.Click apply and OK.

If this does not fix the issue, try uninstalling and reinstalling Norton software and check if it helps.

If the above steps do not help , I would suggest you to contact Norton for further help.

Let us know the status.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Windows 10 and Norton

Hi Mike,

Sorry! The latest version of Norton Security 22.5.2 is compatible with Windows 10. I would suggest installing the latest version of Norton Security using the steps here:
    www.norton.com/install. Sorry, I am not sure of the best way to restore the OS to the previous version. You can try the steps mentioned here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...original/76b6750c-5bb2-40bc-a7e3-f03cec62338b.

Thanks!

Dinesh

Norton Support

NortonSupport, Oct 11, 2018
  4. jshaw42 Win User

Norton Installation

Norton nagging to install

I am on Windows 10 and have been using Malwarebytes for a number years now. I recently updated Javascript or Java (a mistake, I know) and must have missed the button to not install Norton. I am now getting a popup where Norton keeps asking if I want to install. I click cancel and it goes away ... for a while.

Here is the popup:

Norton Installation [​IMG]
    I have done a number of searches for Norton and Symantec and deleted everything that is found.I have gone to the Norton site and followed these steps:
    a tool that you can download and run to fix this problem.

STEP 1 Download and run the fix tool Download the fix tool.Save the file to the Windows desktop.
    On your desktop, right-click the NortonRemediationRemover.exe file, and click Run as administrator.
    By running the tool, you accept the Usage Agreement.
    Click Close.
    If you still find any problems with your Norton product, we recommend that you uninstall and reinstall it. Go to Step 2.

STEP 2 Download and run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool
    If you have Norton Family installed, uninstall it before you run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.Download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.Save the file to the Windows desktop. On some browsers, the file is automatically saved to its default location.To open the Downloads window in your browser, press the Ctrl + J key.
    Double-click the NRnR icon.Read the license agreement, and click Agree.Click Remove & Reinstall.You may see the Remove button if your Norton product is from your service provider.Click Continue or Remove.Click Restart Now.After the computer restarts, follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall your Norton product.

Here is the popup I get:

Norton Installation [​IMG]

I have used Ccleaner twice to eliminate the Symantec and Norton entries from start up and restarted. Each time, the pop-up is still there. Not only that the Symantec and Norton entries are back in start up.I used Ccleaner to clean the registry and found this:
    The Application C:\Users\jshaw\AppData\Local\Temp\7zS1C84.tmp\SymNRT.exe referenced at: {9661DE1D-4B80-4F17-B0F8-B52BC13455CF} could not be located. These references are often left behind after uninstalling software.Went there and deleted all references to Symantec and Norton.

Did a PC search and found "Norton Product Installer.job" and "Norton Product InstallerIdle.job" in "C:\Windows\Tasks" and eliminated same.Used CCleaner to find temporary files, eliminated same.

Does anyone know how to stop this permanently? This is really getting aggravating.

jshaw42, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Norton Installation

1. Norton Installation - Similar Threads - Norton Installation

2. I have Windows 10 version 22H2 with Norton 360 and Utilities installed. I need to install...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have Windows 10 version 22H2 with Norton 360 and Utilities installed. I need to install...: I have Windows 10 version 22H2 with Norton 360 and Utilities installed. I need to install Java 8 to run software. Are there any problems that I should look out for?...
  3. I have Windows 10 version 22H2 with Norton 360 and Utilities installed. I need to install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have Windows 10 version 22H2 with Norton 360 and Utilities installed. I need to install...: I have Windows 10 version 22H2 with Norton 360 and Utilities installed. I need to install Java 8 to run software. Are there any problems that I should look out for?...
  4. I have Windows 10 version 22H2 with Norton 360 and Utilities installed. I need to install...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot Remove Norton Product Installer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Remove Norton Product Installer: Norton, hides some of their software in other software products so that when I downloaded something today Norton Product Installer software was automatically installed on my Windows computer without my knowledge or permission. Now I am unable to uninstall this program. It's...
  6. Cannot Remove Norton Product Installer

Cannot Remove Norton Product Installer: Norton, hides some of their software in other software products so that when I downloaded something today Norton Product Installer software was automatically installed on my Windows computer without my knowledge or permission. Now I am unable to uninstall this program. It's...
  7. Automatisk installation av Norton Safe Web vid installation av Windows 11? korrekt länk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatisk installation av Norton Safe Web vid installation av Windows 11? korrekt länk?: Då jag håller på och ska installera Windows 11 så kom det upp en flik i webläsaren med adressen "extension://bdaafgjhhjkdplpffldcncdignokfkbo/content/ui/formjackTour.html?tour_type=newUser" En bild visas med följande text jag skriver bara av några inledande rader:Norton Safe...
  8. Automatisk installation av Norton Safe Web vid installation av Windows 11? korrekt länk?

Automatisk installation av Norton Safe Web vid installation av Windows 11? korrekt länk?: Då jag håller på och ska installera Windows 11 så kom det upp en flik i webläsaren med adressen "extension://bdaafgjhhjkdplpffldcncdignokfkbo/content/ui/formjackTour.html?tour_type=newUser" En bild visas med följande text jag skriver bara av några inledande rader:Norton Safe...
  9. why I cannot install norton antivirus software on my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why I cannot install norton antivirus software on my device: I've purchased norton antivirus software. Everytime I try to download or install it on my laptop, it says to get it from the microsoft store. Yet and still, it brings up my old subscription which is about to expire and not allowing me to install my new subscription...
  10. why I cannot install norton antivirus software on my device

why I cannot install norton antivirus software on my device: I've purchased norton antivirus software. Everytime I try to download or install it on my laptop, it says to get it from the microsoft store. Yet and still, it brings up my old subscription which is about to expire and not allowing me to install my new subscription...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. norton antivirus setup on windows 10

2. remove norton product installer

3. how to install norton on hp laptop

4. norton installation files folder in windows 10,
  5. how to install norton antivirus software,
  6. Which folder contains symantec antivirus for windows 10