Windows 10: Norton Installing Itself and Windows Restarting

Discus and support Norton Installing Itself and Windows Restarting in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi My laptop has been restarting itself everywhile since yesterday. I noticed that just before restarting, a desktop shortcut for Norton system scan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Anthony966, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Norton Installing Itself and Windows Restarting

Hi

My laptop has been restarting itself everywhile since yesterday. I noticed that just before restarting, a desktop shortcut for Norton system scan occurs (although I use a different Antivirus software and I do not remember installing Norton on this pc before). The system then restarts itself and logs in again with no Norton installed. This might be caused by millions of issues but the only thing that comes to my mind now is that it only occured after I uninstalled Dropbox. I also unchecked the Automatically Restart option in case of System Failure. However, the problem persisted.

:)

Anthony966, Dec 21, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Norton Security not loading with Windows 10 - Why?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community forums!

I would recommend you follow the below given steps and check if it fixes the issue.

I would suggest you to restart the Norton services from the services list, and set the Norton service to automatic.

Follow these steps to run Norton services:

Method 1:

Follow these steps to run Norton services

a. Press Windows key + R

b. In the run windows, type services.msc

c. It will open services windows

d. select norton services from the list of services

e. double click on it

f. At the top of the window, Make sure the service status is started and startup type is
    automatic.

g.Click apply and OK.

If this does not fix the issue, try uninstalling and reinstalling Norton software and check if it helps.

If the above steps do not help , I would suggest you to contact Norton for further help.

Let us know the status.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Norton Installing Itself and Windows Restarting

little cat, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

Norton Installing Itself and Windows Restarting

1. Norton Installing Itself and Windows Restarting - Similar Threads - Norton Installing Itself

2. Pc restarts by itself at the start of Windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc restarts by itself at the start of Windows installation: Specs:Asus ROG strix B350-F GamingAMD Ryzen 7 1700xSamsung M2 ssdNox Urano 850w2x8gb Hyper Fury 3200hzThe issue im having began when my first ssd stopped working and i got a blue screen showing that there was no drive connected to the build. After that i got the samsung m2...
  3. Pc restarts by itself at the start of Windows installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc restarts by itself at the start of Windows installation: Specs:Asus ROG strix B350-F GamingAMD Ryzen 7 1700xSamsung M2 ssdNox Urano 850w2x8gb Hyper Fury 3200hzThe issue im having began when my first ssd stopped working and i got a blue screen showing that there was no drive connected to the build. After that i got the samsung m2...
  4. Pc restarts by itself at the start of Windows installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. CHKDSK restarted itself?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CHKDSK restarted itself?: It's been running for like 22 hours and it was at Stage 4 but instead of getting to stage 5 it restarted at Stage 1... I don't want to wait another day, can I just cut the power to my PC? It literally did nothing just restarted itself (i started it with rebooting my oc...
  6. PC restarts itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC restarts itself: I bought a new Lenovo laptop and installed some softwares on it like Autocad, 3D Max and Photoshop plus to Microsoft office. when I'm trying to make file save as,the PC shows me a blue screen and start itself as attached Could you help me with this problem whether it...
  7. Windows 10 Restarting By itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Restarting By itself: Hi, My PC reboot by itself and when I check the event log I see the below msg - *********************************************************************************************************************************************** The application-specific permission settings do...
  8. Norton Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Norton Installation: I have bought a 2 year subscription of Norton Security. My Microsoft Surface Go does not allow it to be installed. How do I go about to install my Norton program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/norton-installation/2ab8d5fb-50ce-4fee-8366-5741a72a925f
  9. Norton nagging to install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Norton nagging to install: I am on Windows 10 and have been using Malwarebytes for a number years now. I recently updated Javascript or Java (a mistake, I know) and must have missed the button to not install Norton. I am now getting a popup where Norton keeps asking if I want to install. I click cancel...
  10. PC Restarting by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Restarting by itself: Hi my PC had started rebooting without any user input, this seems to be happening only when the PC is not in use. I'll leave the PC with a browser window up or just on the desktop and when I come back a while later it is at the login screen. As far as I can tell...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. norton antivirus setup on windows 10

2. norotn installs itself on windows 10

3. add norton antivirus on windows 10

4. norton security installed itself