Windows 10: Norton/McCaffee scams

Discus and support Norton/McCaffee scams in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I'm getting a series of pop up messages on the bottom right of screen telling that my Norton and McCaffee anti-virus subscriptions have expired, my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TomMcLaren1, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Norton/McCaffee scams

Hi, I'm getting a series of pop up messages on the bottom right of screen telling that my Norton and McCaffee anti-virus subscriptions have expired, my PC is infected with virus, and I must click on a link to renew my AV subscription. But I have a valid Windows Defender subscription and no subscription with the others. How can I get rid of the pop ups?

:)

TomMcLaren1, Jan 21, 2022

2. Getting rid of McCaffee

I made the mistake of trying out McCaffee on a Windows 10 system. I am very unhappy with the product, but I cannot see how you can rid yourself of it. Any suggestions? I want to go to a clean Defender installation

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Dave Gayler, Jan 21, 2022
  3. Norton Security not loading with Windows 10 - Why?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community forums!

I would recommend you follow the below given steps and check if it fixes the issue.

I would suggest you to restart the Norton services from the services list, and set the Norton service to automatic.

Follow these steps to run Norton services:

Method 1:

Follow these steps to run Norton services

a. Press Windows key + R

b. In the run windows, type services.msc

c. It will open services windows

d. select norton services from the list of services

e. double click on it

f. At the top of the window, Make sure the service status is started and startup type is
    automatic.

g.Click apply and OK.

If this does not fix the issue, try uninstalling and reinstalling Norton software and check if it helps.

If the above steps do not help , I would suggest you to contact Norton for further help.

Let us know the status.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 21, 2022
  4. Norton/McCaffee scams

BSOD

Vijay

Thanks for the analysis. Weird as I have never heard of Authentium anti-virus software and never installed it. Never seen it in the list of programs in Control Panel. Is it part of another product e.g. McCaffee or Norton? Any suggestions how to get rid of
    it? Thanks.

Philip

Philip Bowman, Jan 21, 2022
Thema:

Norton/McCaffee scams

1. Norton/McCaffee scams - Similar Threads - Norton McCaffee scams

2. norton

in Windows 10 Gaming
    norton: I had Microsoft*Norton on an old laptop. I want to transfer it to my new laptop. I have monthly fees charged to a credit card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/norton/b69952ed-c177-4ad4-849d-39b099501c4a
  3. norton

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    norton: I had Microsoft*Norton on an old laptop. I want to transfer it to my new laptop. I have monthly fees charged to a credit card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/norton/b69952ed-c177-4ad4-849d-39b099501c4a
  4. Norton

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Norton: I bought a new computer from Costco and went to download my existing Norton antivirus software. It wouldn't load. Long story short Norton said they would have someone help me download it. Then a tech comes on remotely and says I have a Trojan and its going to cost $159 for...
  5. Norton Insta****) - Norton antivirus Toll Free

Norton Insta****) - Norton antivirus Toll Free: Norton.com/setup - To Download, install and activate the Norton setup, go to norton.com/setup and get started with Norton product In the present time, an antivirus is expected to keep PC programming, PC applications, and information security; however a considerable lot of its...
  6. To Norton customers with Norton Internet Security. Win10

To Norton customers with Norton Internet Security. Win10: I appreciate that the experts here dislike Norton but I need to check if any NIS users are having problems with these: 1. New Search facility (when wanting to add a snip/picture to your post) - previously all I had to do was click Search and go to my folder in my OneDrive....
  7. NORTON

NORTON: can I run norton and window defender at the same time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/norton/82de06c3-2960-4673-8e29-0437b53c64b1
  8. Norton Utilities and Norton Security useful or not ?

Norton Utilities and Norton Security useful or not ?: Just finished a reinstall of Windows 10, and I was wondering what the peanut gallery thought of these two programs. I uninstalled the Norton Security about a month ago while chasing my OS crashing issues. (Norton Security wasn't my problem), but I read good reports, and...
  9. Norton or not

Norton or not: Iv'e bought a bundle of five Norton internet security one year licences for under £30 from PC World to go on four Windows 7 pc's. Should I put the remaining one on the W10 machine which is used most often on line? I have used the free Malwarebytes together with WD on all my...
  10. Norton Double Header Free Trials: Norton Utilities and Norton Security

Norton Double Header Free Trials: Norton Utilities and Norton Security: Try them free for 30 days. Norton Security ask an email and a password to send the product key validation. Also, you need the email and the password to complete the installation. Norton Utilities won't ask anything. You'll be ask to reboot: Wait for Utilities to wake-up...