Windows 10: Norton Security is becoming Norton 360 (if you want it or not)

Discus and support Norton Security is becoming Norton 360 (if you want it or not) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows 10-64 ver 1909 Norton is converting all current installations of Norton Security to their Norton 360, whether you want it or not. The... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by sewing1243, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Norton Security is becoming Norton 360 (if you want it or not)

Windows 10-64 ver 1909

Norton is converting all current installations of Norton Security to their Norton 360, whether you want it or not.

The program is apparently suspended for a while (at least for NS Premium users) until they figure out why the Norton 360 being installed in place of Norton Security Premium (covers 10 devices) only covers 5 devices.

:)

sewing1243, Jun 5, 2020

2. Norton 360

Norton 360 is very good software, which ranks highly in reviews by professional testers - the people who really know.

I used Norton Internet Security years ago until their aggressive marketing tactics turned me against the company.

You can download Norton 360 from
    the Symantec website

SnS (Unrepentant Advisor), Jun 5, 2020
  3. Norton 360 Firewall Instructions

So, just to make sure, you have disabled the Norton and it connects OK, e.g. the firewall is the problem? I would say that the settings for the Norton Personal Firewall would be the same for 360 since same manufacturer. You should be able to input the same
    info in 360 somewhere. Sorry, but I'm not familiar with the software so can't give step by step instructions. I guess you could wait for someone to respond that has experience with 360 or go to a Norton forum.

Resourceful, Jun 5, 2020
  4. LemP Win User

Norton Security is becoming Norton 360 (if you want it or not)

downloading norton 360, error saying contains a virus

You should disable (or uninstall) whatever you're currently using for an antivirus (you would have to do that anyway, using the appropriate removal tool, before installing Norton 360).

My suggestion, however, would be to ask Norton for your money back -- I don't recommend installing a "security suite" like Norton 360. These products include too many "features" for which you pay but don't really need.

LemP, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Norton Security is becoming Norton 360 (if you want it or not)

1. Norton Security is becoming Norton 360 (if you want it or not) - Similar Threads - Norton Security becoming

2. Norton 360 popup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Norton 360 popup: When I first installed Norton 360, got popup telling me that I had to remove Malwarebytes. I do not want to do this. Reinstalled software and got another Norton 360 popup warning me that 360 is not compatible with Windows 10 on desktop keeps coming up when I boot. Norton...
  3. Norton Security

Norton Security: Is Norton Security a scam? I called 411 and the Operator could not find ANY listing for Norton. I paid for a year subscription again last March. They get lost from my laptop more and more often and my brother a few years ago had to pay a man $500 Bank Debit card for him to...
  4. Cannot Download Norton 360

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Download Norton 360: Split from this thread. I am trying to download Norton 360 and it will not download on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-download-norton-360/058716b4-a9b6-4204-837d-1081f0f41c0b
  5. Norton security

Norton security: The instructions for putting a Norton icon on my desktop don't work. Cannot drag and drop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/norton-security/f865366d-b89e-4b4d-8966-7777ec92d4be
  6. norton security

norton security: i have comcast for internet and they offer norton security for there antivirus protection. but i'm wondering if it is any better than what i have now. a few years ago i asked about virus program and some said to use the avast and ccleaner and malwarebytes and a few others but...
  7. Norton 360

Norton 360: I have a Surface Pro X, can I download Norton 360? If so, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/norton-360/bc684229-33a4-4355-a08b-ab57985e3ac1"
  8. Norton Security

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Norton Security: I have Norton Security on my Windows 10 v1903 pc. Just bought a laptop Windows 10 v1903 went into Microsoft store and downloaded Norton app. Clicked on launch and it opened in Explorer browser but could see nothing regarding Norton. Clicked on search on taskbar this only gave...
  9. Norton Utilities and Norton Security useful or not ?

Norton Utilities and Norton Security useful or not ?: Just finished a reinstall of Windows 10, and I was wondering what the peanut gallery thought of these two programs. I uninstalled the Norton Security about a month ago while chasing my OS crashing issues. (Norton Security wasn't my problem), but I read good reports, and...
  10. norton 360 renewal 2016

norton 360 renewal 2016: I'm getting ready to renew my Norton 360 anti-virus for 2016,how will the Norton work with windows 10? 46538