Windows 10: Norton Security keeps popping up on my screen

Discus and support Norton Security keeps popping up on my screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I recently bought this new laptop and it came with a month free trial of Norton Security. It's over now and I don't want to renew. But every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LydiaBezeruk, Apr 10, 2022.

1. Norton Security keeps popping up on my screen

Hello, I recently bought this new laptop and it came with a month free trial of Norton Security. It's over now and I don't want to renew. But every time I open my laptop I get this pop up that asks me if I want to renew. How do I get rid of it?I've tried going in and deleting/uninstalling the program files but it tells me I'm not the Administrator and I don't have permission to do this.

:)

LydiaBezeruk, Apr 10, 2022

2. Norton Security not loading with Windows 10 - Why?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community forums!

I would recommend you follow the below given steps and check if it fixes the issue.

I would suggest you to restart the Norton services from the services list, and set the Norton service to automatic.

Follow these steps to run Norton services:

Method 1:

Follow these steps to run Norton services

a. Press Windows key + R

b. In the run windows, type services.msc

c. It will open services windows

d. select norton services from the list of services

e. double click on it

f. At the top of the window, Make sure the service status is started and startup type is
    automatic.

g.Click apply and OK.

If this does not fix the issue, try uninstalling and reinstalling Norton software and check if it helps.

If the above steps do not help , I would suggest you to contact Norton for further help.

Let us know the status.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 10, 2022
  3. Acrobat Reader DC keeps popping on screen

Hello,

As per the issue description, I understand that issue with Acrobat reader DC and its popping every time while working on computer. I will certainly help you to resolve the issue.

There might be a possibility that new security updates are constantly released for the Adobe Acrobat Reader software to provide increased functionality and to patch any security loopholes that might be present. Every time a new update has been downloaded
    and is ready to install, a notification will pop up to alert the user. There are instances where these can be annoying or intrusive; for example, while giving a business presentation with the aid of a PDF document. Disabling the Acrobat Reader pop-ups will
    prevent this type of interruption.

Method 1

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

Step 1

Launch Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Step 2

Click "Edit" from the menu bar at the top of the Adobe Reader window and then click "Preferences" from the list of options displayed. Click the "Updater" category on the list of options displayed on the "Preferences" submenu

Step 3

Click the radio button next to "Do not download or install updates automatically" below the "Check for updates" section.

Step 4

Click "OK" and then click "Yes" when asked if you want to allow the changes. Acrobat Reader will no longer keep displaying pop-ups prompting you to install available updates.

Method 2

I would suggest you to scan your computer with Microsoft Safety scanner just to make sure that computer is free of all infections

You can scan your PC with Microsoft Safety Scanner to ensure your PC is not infected.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download

Hope it helps, Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Regards

Kumar Ravi, Apr 10, 2022
  4. harrymc Win User

Norton Security keeps popping up on my screen

Unable to kill norton security on windows 10

You don't kill it - you uninstall it, as follows:

1. From the Start menu, click the Control Panel
    2. Select Programs, Program and Features
    3. Find in the list the Norton Security product
    4. Right-click it and select Uninstall or Remove
    5. If the User Account Control window appears, click Yes.
    6. Follow the on-screen instructions to select your uninstall preference
    7. Norton uninstaller will run and complete
    8. Restart the computer.

harrymc, Apr 10, 2022
Thema:

Norton Security keeps popping up on my screen

1. Norton Security keeps popping up on my screen - Similar Threads - Norton Security keeps

2. norton pop ups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    norton pop ups: never had norton installed on my pc, but lately, but not always, a norton security pop up appears when bring up an article on the new york post newspaper website. note that this has occurring only that website. any ideas?p.shappens on edge and chrome...
  3. norton pop ups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    norton pop ups: never had norton installed on my pc, but lately, but not always, a norton security pop up appears when bring up an article on the new york post newspaper website. note that this has occurring only that website. any ideas?p.shappens on edge and chrome...
  4. Windows security screen keeps on popping up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security screen keeps on popping up?: The following windows security window keeps on popping up even when I sign in with my pin. I don't know if it is related to my downloading norton 360 anti viral a few wks ago. Here is a picture of the screen> It's very frustrating. How does one fix this problem??<Email ID has...
  5. Windows security screen keeps on popping up?

Windows security screen keeps on popping up?: The following windows security window keeps on popping up even when I sign in with my pin. I don't know if it is related to my downloading norton 360 anti viral a few wks ago. Here is a picture of the screen> It's very frustrating. How does one fix this problem??<Email ID has...
  6. Norton Security keeps popping up on my screen

Norton Security keeps popping up on my screen: Hello, I recently bought this new laptop and it came with a month free trial of Norton Security. It's over now and I don't want to renew. But every time I open my laptop I get this pop up that asks me if I want to renew. How do I get rid of it?I've tried going in and...
  7. Applications keep popping up on my screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Applications keep popping up on my screen: About a week ago, Cortana kept popping up on my screen and telling me she couldn't understand me. I would close it and it would pop up again. I finally figured out how to disable Cortana. However, the problem really didn't go away. Another application then started popping...
  8. A File keeps On Popping Up On My Screen.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A File keeps On Popping Up On My Screen.: The file C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\InstallUtil.exe keeps on popping up on my screen, there's no rhyme or reason to it. It can be after 1 minute or after an hour, sometimes it minimizes my stuff when I'm using other times it just pops up on the screen. if I...
  9. norton security and black screen

norton security and black screen: my computer has not run right since I uninstalled Norton Security https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/norton-security-and-black-screen/129f1a5e-38dd-4b42-808e-1ff5d89d18d4
  10. Norton dangerous website pop up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Norton dangerous website pop up: I just tried to log on to my outlook/email account, and a Norton alert popped up - "This is a dangerous website" with the option to continue to site. I've never seen this before. Is this a scam, and if I did continue to website, is it ransomware? How do I access my Hotmail?...