Windows 10: Norwegian Keyboard English Operating system

Discus and support Norwegian Keyboard English Operating system in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Norwegian keyboard but I am using an English operating system. I would like to input using the Norwegian keyboard using the symbols and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Eight Treasures YogaJohn, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Norwegian Keyboard English Operating system

I have a Norwegian keyboard but I am using an English operating system. I would like to input using the Norwegian keyboard using the symbols and letters as represented on the keyboard while continuing to read and write mostly in English.

I see that there is a reply to this question that relates to Windows 8 but that answer does not seem to work for Windows 10.

Please help.

:)

Eight Treasures YogaJohn, Jun 25, 2020

2. English language/Norwegian keyboard

I have as you can understand upgraded my OS to Windows 10 from Windows 7 - and it is fantastic ! ! !

However, when setting Norwegian keyboard with English language, the settings change either during typing or next

time I log on

Question is : how can I save the settings after having set them so that the keyboard remains Norwegian and matches

the English (UK) operating system as well as mails and other Windows Office programs....

It is very annoying when starting typing and after a few seconds I notice the keyboard has changed to English, so I have

to set it again on the task bar in the right-hand corner

Pleased to hear many thanks

Regards

E-mail: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***; *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

I HAVE ASKED THIS QUESTION TWICE BUT NOBODY HAS BOTHERED TO ANSWER (????)

Bjarne Gjertsen, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Norwegian keyboard showing up when switching input language

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. I understand that you see Norwegian keyboard when you switch between the input languages. As you have checked the installed keyboard languages using PowerShell and didn’t find the keyboard language, I suggest you to
    refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if you are able to find the keyboard language:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type lpksetup and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Uninstall display languages.
    4. If you find Norwegian keyboard listed, click on it and click on
      Next.
    5. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the language pack.

Let us know how it goes. If the issue persists, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 25, 2020
  4. SarahKong Win User

Norwegian Keyboard English Operating system

My keyboard changes to English instead of Norwegian automatically.

Probably due to your default language being English.

Set Norwegian as default but keep English installed and see if that works.

SarahKong, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Norwegian Keyboard English Operating system

1. Norwegian Keyboard English Operating system - Similar Threads - Norwegian Keyboard English

2. Norwegian bokmål got randomly added to my list of keyboards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Norwegian bokmål got randomly added to my list of keyboards: I'm from sweden and have english set as my windows language but have added swedish in the list of preffered languages so I can still use a swedish keyboard when I feel like it, school assignments and texting friends, and today as I switched keyboards theres a new one on the...
  3. Keep system language as English but don't have english as a keyboard layout.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keep system language as English but don't have english as a keyboard layout.: I have 3 layouts that I NEED: Czech, Russian, and French. I can type all the English I need via either Czech or French keyboards, I don't need an extra English one in all this mess. But I want my system in English, not French or Czech. Is it Possible?...
  4. Korean English keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Korean English keyboard: If there is anyone who faced the same issues as me, please give me an advice. When you compare the English keyboard and Korean & English keyboard, the key layout and locations are exactly the same as each other except for the backslash \ key, which is located at the top...
  5. Multiple English keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple English keyboard: Hi, I have on my Win10 (OS Build 18362.418) 3 languages: Hebrew, English (US) and English (UK). I don't need the last one and I don't understand why do I have it. Any suggestions? Here an image of my language settings: [img] Thank you 144612
  6. change language windows 10 operating system from Polish to English

change language windows 10 operating system from Polish to English: Windows 10 makes it easy to change languages. However, most of the computer sold in Poland has Windows 10 PL operating system that display in Polish. But I still can use English language except when I search in Control Panel or other operating system they all display in...
  7. My keyboard changes to English instead of Norwegian automatically.

My keyboard changes to English instead of Norwegian automatically.: Usually while playing games my keyboard just changes to English and that has a different layout than what i am used to so this is problematic to me. All solutions i found included going to control panel and going to "language" but according to my PC, that does no exist....
  8. change language windows 10 operating system from mandarin to english

change language windows 10 operating system from mandarin to english: Hi Do I need to replace my OS in a newly bought equipment from China in order to change language display from mandarin to English? Thank you...
  9. England English/American English keyboard

England English/American English keyboard: why won't my keyboard stay on England English, every time I switch on the PC, the keyboard is American English, and I have to change it each time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/england-englishamerican-english-keyboard/a4e9292c-9c7c-42bd-a2ff-d17f0f31acab
  10. W10 enforces Norwegian penguin language by keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 enforces Norwegian penguin language by keyboard layout: Greetings, I have one primary issue regarding W10. W10 keeps enforcing Norwegian Penguin-Language by detecting keyboard layout; although global setting (thou currency+format is Norwegian) is English (US), which causes severe cases of: autism, retardation, degrading of...