Windows 10: Norwegian keyboard showing up when switching input language

Discus and support Norwegian keyboard showing up when switching input language in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a problem thats annoying me allot, I have a ansi layerd keyboard, and I'm norwegian which means that sometimes I need to use æøå, and you could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BirdtastiC, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Norwegian keyboard showing up when switching input language

I have a problem thats annoying me allot, I have a ansi layerd keyboard, and I'm norwegian which means that sometimes I need to use æøå, and you could quickly change between iso and ansi with "windows + space". But I have a keyboard there that according to windows does not even exist. When I try to use powershell to look up all the languages that I have installed/layouts, it still does not exist.

here is some pictures Norwegian keyboard showing up when switching input language 278be59c-5c01-4eea-a84b-aac817ded8e4?upload=true.png the marked language is what I want removed.

Norwegian keyboard showing up when switching input language c7f673c4-5a99-456b-ac3b-5be44a39e8a8?upload=true.png

Norwegian keyboard showing up when switching input language 76daa96c-72c3-4377-8ef8-6e4bdc01f723?upload=true.png this is what "keyboards" there is on the Norwegian Language.

Norwegian keyboard showing up when switching input language 8c92b37d-a08c-4ceb-a252-022dbef5d9d0?upload=true.png and this is Powershell telling me it does not exist

***Modified title from: Windows 10 Language bar***

:)

BirdtastiC, Jul 4, 2019

2. Windows forgets keyboard input language

Hi again,

got it to work this time. I went into the advanced options, and chose:

override for Windows display language: use language list

override for default input method: English (UK) - Norwegian

That seem's to have done the trick. I have English as display language and Norwegian for my Norwegian keyboard.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

best,

Chris

Chris Saunders 1946, Jul 4, 2019
  3. Windows forgets keyboard input language

Hi everyone,

I live in Norway and use a Norwegian keyboard setup, even though I'm English and prefer English as the display language. This has worked perfectly for me the last 20-odd years. Then suddenly a couple of weeks ago, without me knowingly having done anything,
    the keyboard language on startup is English, rather than Norwegian.

I've tried removing English as an input option in control panel, but it comes back again.

The control panel options are:

Option 1: English: Windows display language: Enabled. Keyboard layout: Norwegian, English

Option 2: Norwegian: Windows display language: Available. Keyboard layout: Norwegian

I use option 1.

Anybody any ideas as to why Windows can't remember the keyboard input language?

regards,

Chris Saunders

Chris Saunders 1946, Jul 4, 2019
  4. Norwegian keyboard showing up when switching input language

Language keyboard input doesn't equal output

Hi,

Language input may vary depending on the Input method set on your keyboard settings. To sort your concern, we suggest that you check if the desired input is set correctly by following these steps:

• Type in Language and keyboard options on the search box.
    • Select the desired language that you're trying to set up.
    • Once you've selected the language, select Options.
    • Under Keyboards, select Microsoft IME and click
      Options.
    • Scroll down and select Open advanced settings.
    • A window will pop up. Under General tab, click the drop-down arrow for
      Input method and select the desired input.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

Norwegian keyboard showing up when switching input language

1. Norwegian keyboard showing up when switching input language - Similar Threads - Norwegian keyboard showing

2. Language Installation - Norwegian Bokmål Is Installed, but Norwegian Nynorsk Is Not Installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language Installation - Norwegian Bokmål Is Installed, but Norwegian Nynorsk Is Not Installed: In my Settings application, I installed Norwegian Bokmål. It is fine.I installed Norwegian Nynorsk. The Install button keeps appearing. I thought that I did install Norwegian Nynorsk.What is the exact issue?...
  3. Language Installation - Norwegian Bokmål Is Installed, but Norwegian Nynorsk Is Not Installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Language Installation - Norwegian Bokmål Is Installed, but Norwegian Nynorsk Is Not Installed: In my Settings application, I installed Norwegian Bokmål. It is fine.I installed Norwegian Nynorsk. The Install button keeps appearing. I thought that I did install Norwegian Nynorsk.What is the exact issue?...
  4. Switch Keyboard Languages

Switch Keyboard Languages: Hi all,Had this issue in the past, now again with Windows 11 even when Windows 11 is fresh installed. My old thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-languages/64a40c2c-73a6-420e-a0df-33062d2b31ce4 Languages are shown in the Keyboard Languages...
  5. Switch input languages not showing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch input languages not showing.: Windows 10 Pro, 21H2, recently reinstalled. I cant switch between languages, the combination of Windows and Space tabs doesn't produce anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-input-languages-not-showing/ed0108c2-5409-4036-9acc-cca350c4bc56
  6. Switch input languages not showing.

Switch input languages not showing.: Windows 10 Pro, 21H2, recently reinstalled. I cant switch between languages, the combination of Windows and Space tabs doesn't produce anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-input-languages-not-showing/ed0108c2-5409-4036-9acc-cca350c4bc56
  7. Keyboard language when switching accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard language when switching accounts: My wife and I share the same Windows 10 laptop however she is French speaking and prefers a French keyboard and I prefer an English keyboard. Whenever we switch accounts, the keyboard language follows. So meaning if I set the keyboard to English in my account and then she...
  8. Switching keyboards/languages

Switching keyboards/languages: I have only one language and two layouts of keyboard defined in Windows 10. But in panel when switching there are 4 possibilities! WHY? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-keyboardslanguages/ab4a9a40-1fc3-4580-b082-29ffc83b3b44
  9. Bug when switching between input languages

Bug when switching between input languages: We have a desktop machine with Windows 10 Home 1803. We use English and Bulgarian as input languages. Two types of very annoying problems appear spontaneously almost every day and the only way to fix them is restart: - It becomes impossible to switch between input languages....
  10. W10 enforces Norwegian penguin language by keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 enforces Norwegian penguin language by keyboard layout: Greetings, I have one primary issue regarding W10. W10 keeps enforcing Norwegian Penguin-Language by detecting keyboard layout; although global setting (thou currency+format is Norwegian) is English (US), which causes severe cases of: autism, retardation, degrading of...