Windows 10: Not a BSOD but application error on shutdown

Discus and support Not a BSOD but application error on shutdown in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I seem to get a random, Explorer Memory error failure on shutdown... It closes to fast to get a screen shot 2264 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Trust_No1, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Trust_No1 Win User

Not a BSOD but application error on shutdown

I seem to get a random, Explorer Memory error failure on shutdown...

It closes to fast to get a screen shot

:)

Trust_No1, Oct 5, 2014

2. BSOD each time at shutdown at windows 10 after upgrading from Win7 (ndis.sys, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL)

So I tried everything but this error BSOD still happens each shutdown.

ndis.sys error IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

I hate this f**king error so much!!!!

All drivers are up to date, complete system works stable without problem BESIDE this SHUTDOWN ERROR.

*aarrrrrggghh*

magicmaster_ol, Oct 5, 2014
  3. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Windows 10

Hey again,

Well to be honest this is a pretty complicated question to answer since I feel like I have been getting many errors due to the same problem. The problem first appeared as a sudden laptop shutdown. The first 2 or 3 times I thought maybe it was my laptop overheating,
    but what made me realize it was a different problem was that windows would try to update every time I turn it on but fail. So I kept using my laptop thinking it would go away but the problem persisted. Sometimes it would just do the sudden shutdown, other
    times I would get the BSOD before the shutdown. Eventually though, it stopped doing the sudden shutdown and I would only get the BSOD errors at that point. To answer your question though, I got the BSOD in the past month (including the times before I reinstalled
    windows) maybe 8-10 times. However, if you count the sudden shutdowns too it would be 10-15. And this is excluding the time when driver verifier was on as you asked.

Thanks!

Mohamed Elbogdady, Oct 5, 2014
  4. Not a BSOD but application error on shutdown

Same with me. I have reinstalled and left any additional programmes off to see how it goes. Pure os only.

noelbeth55, Oct 5, 2014
  5. Not a BSOD but application error on shutdown [​IMG]
    this it

noelbeth55, Oct 6, 2014
  6. Just as a work through I set mine up for automatic login, how is yours set.

noelbeth55, Oct 6, 2014
  7. Flashorn Win User
    Yeah, I get a few of those but not quite the same.

It's only on shutting down and disappears in a second.

Doesn't seem to affect anything though. I boot up the next time
    and all is as it should be.

Bugs that might be cropping up.

Flashorn, Oct 6, 2014
  8. Not a BSOD but application error on shutdown

Flashorn do you sign in when you start or is it auto

noelbeth55, Oct 6, 2014
  9. Flashorn Win User
    Yes, i have the lock screen to deal with which I like.

It might have been a notepad I forgot to close but,
    I'm careful to close all running programs before hand.

Flashorn, Oct 6, 2014
  10. I got another on shutdown saying \, the store is preventing shutdown. now I know what that means but can't understand why

noelbeth55, Oct 6, 2014
  11. well the store preventing shutdown has gone but now it says an app is preventing shutdown. i have 4 apps in the way of games. will delete them and see what happens

noelbeth55, Oct 8, 2014
  12. Heh, I just got my first one of these for Explorer. Disappered pretty fast tho and computer continued to shutdown without me having to click on anything. I wonder if there is a "Don't show non-critical Windows errors" box somewhere?

EDIT: 2014-10-14 I have yet to see this reappear (FWIW).

John Pombrio, Oct 8, 2014
  13. Not a BSOD but application error on shutdown

90 % of the time it goes and shuts down. the other 10% pc freezes. do you have any apps from the store installed John Pombrio

noelbeth55, Oct 8, 2014
  14. this is the first of 3 posts on this matter

noelbeth55, Oct 9, 2014
  15. Hi

I got one of those the last time I shut my computer down.
    It was the first time I've seen it.

I have restored my Windows 10 install since then (for a different reason, I had a software install that when bad and I wanted to clear it out) but it will be interesting to see if it happens again and when.

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Oct 9, 2014
Thema:

Not a BSOD but application error on shutdown

1. Not a BSOD but application error on shutdown - Similar Threads - BSOD application error

2. BSOD Error happens on shutdown inconsistently.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Error happens on shutdown inconsistently.: Hello,I recently built a new PC, and I cloned my old M.2 SSD to a new one. It's been working great, but every so often when I try to shutdown, I get a BSOD. The most recent one said "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT", I haven't been able to see the other ones before it restarts. I don't know...
  3. BSOD Error happens on shutdown inconsistently.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Error happens on shutdown inconsistently.: Hello,I recently built a new PC, and I cloned my old M.2 SSD to a new one. It's been working great, but every so often when I try to shutdown, I get a BSOD. The most recent one said "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT", I haven't been able to see the other ones before it restarts. I don't know...
  4. Error message on shutdown : schtasks.exe application error. 0xc0000142

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Error message on shutdown : schtasks.exe application error. 0xc0000142: I'm running Windows 10 version 2004 OS build : 19041.508 with all the latest update installed and I receive the following error message when I shutdown or restart my computer : schtasks.exe - Application Error The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142....
  5. BSOD on shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on shutdown: I seem to get the code irql_not_less_or_equal almost every time I shutdown my computer, i haven't seem to have encountered it anywhere else. I have tried fixing it myself but cant and was hoping someone here would help, but from my understanding i need to upload my dmp files?...
  6. Various application errors and application shutdowns after sleep

Various application errors and application shutdowns after sleep: Hello - I have been experiencing this issue for a few weeks now, but I am unable to directly tie it to a change in my system. When I return to my PC in the morning I see multiple pop-ups with application error messages such as: 0xc0000142 0xc000012d 0xc000009a The...
  7. BSOD then shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD then shutdown: Recently bought an HP Omen Obelisk 875 series. Was in the middle of gaming when I got a BSOD. Upon boot up I get about 13 BSOD errors before the PC shuts down on its own. Known specs are: Intel Core i9-9900K Processor NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8 GB HyperX 32 GB RAM,...
  8. BSOD by Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSOD by Shutdown: Hello, When I want to shut down my computer, I get a BSOD with the error MEMORY_MANAGMENT first occurred after the last Windows 10 update .. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-by-shutdown/1ecc6ee6-1925-4487-83cf-e5972168e6ca
  9. Shutdown BSOD

Shutdown BSOD: Hello -- If I shutdown my computer using Start > Shutdown, I get at least one BSOD during the next boot-up; however, no BSODs occur if I use the physical power button. The error is "Interrupt Exception Not Handled," and since it occurs during boot-up, nothing gets...
  10. Error on shutdown concerning explore.exe Application Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Error on shutdown concerning explore.exe Application Error: Upon every shutdown I get the following error message: The instruction at 0x00007FFA16AFCC60 referenced memory at 0x0000000000000000. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program. The title bar states: explorer.exe - Application Error I am...