Windows 10: Not a question. To keep pictures/photos on your computer without using Onedrive right click...

Discus and support Not a question. To keep pictures/photos on your computer without using Onedrive right click... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Not a question. I had a hard time figuring out Windows 11 and am still learning as I go. I needed to save photos on my computer without using OneDrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by grifbabe, Mar 18, 2023.

1. grifbabe Win User

Not a question. To keep pictures/photos on your computer without using Onedrive right click...

Not a question. I had a hard time figuring out Windows 11 and am still learning as I go. I needed to save photos on my computer without using OneDrive for certain folders. I learned this option on my own and hope I am correct. To keep pictures/photos on your computer without using Onedrive right click each folder, go down to more and click keep on computer, I hope this helps. If I am incorrect please let me know. Thank you.

:)

grifbabe, Mar 18, 2023

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 18, 2023
  3. wallace99 Win User
    Problem with location of Pictures library after making pictures available on OneDrive

Thanks Rhina

I did what you suggested but it ended up making OneDrive the Pictures library. This may have something to do with the way i originally moved the Pictures folders to OneDrive. I probably should explain:

Because there already was a (fairly empty) Pictures folder under OneDrive (automatically set up I think when transferring a few Ipad photos to PC via OneDrive) I had moved the top level Pictures folders into D/users/myname/OneDrive rather than moving
    the Pictures folder itself. This was probably a bit stupid but I subsequently moved the top level Pictures folders into that pre-existing Pictures folder on OneDrive and that's how we got to where we are today.

To continue after that diversion. Following the restore you suggested, the pictures folder under Libraries was still wrong but it looked a lot better ie it was no longer offering me a choice of locations for Pictures folders and, instead was just showing
    me all the top level folders for what it (wrongly) thought was the Pictures folder. But it was still not appearing directly under This PC.

My next step was to go into Properties option for Libraries/Pictures. Here I simply added the correct location D/users/myname/OneDrive/pictures and deleted the location D/users/myname/OneDrive which at that time was the current location.

So, on the Positive side:

• Libraries/Pictures now shows what I would expect ie my top level Pictures folders

But, on the negative side:

• Pictures still does not appear under This PC, unlike Documents, Videos, Music etc
    • in the Photos app, if I go to Folders option, it shows the folder as OneDrive, not OneDrive/Pictures even though, if i go into "choose where to look" it is correctly showing OneDrive/Pictures as the location. Obviously i can still get to the photos I need
      but it's an extra unnecessary step
    That's where i am currently.

wallace99, Mar 18, 2023
  4. Not a question. To keep pictures/photos on your computer without using Onedrive right click...

Save images/documents to my computer WITHOUT OneDrive being in the link

We suggest that you change the Auto Save location to This PC only in OneDrive settings. To do so, follow these steps:

If the OneDrive available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

If the OneDrive is no longer available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• Click the Start menu and type in OneDrive and then select the first result.
    • Sign in with your Microsoft account associated with your OneDrive and then follow the instructions to complete the login.
    • On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

Let us know the result of your troubleshooting.

Genevieve Cri, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

Not a question. To keep pictures/photos on your computer without using Onedrive right click...

1. Not a question. To keep pictures/photos on your computer without using Onedrive right click... - Similar Threads - question keep pictures

2. My computer freeze when I right-click on picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer freeze when I right-click on picture: Hello, when I right-click on a picture on my desktop nothing happens and then my computer freezes for a while and then my screen goes black and refreshes itself.I discovered that the same thing happen when I try to right-click on a picture in my NAS server.When I was writing...
  3. My computer freeze when I right-click on picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer freeze when I right-click on picture: Hello, when I right-click on a picture on my desktop nothing happens and then my computer freezes for a while and then my screen goes black and refreshes itself.I discovered that the same thing happen when I try to right-click on a picture in my NAS server.When I was writing...
  4. My computer freeze when I right-click on picture

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Not a question. To keep pictures/photos on your computer without using Onedrive right click...

Not a question. To keep pictures/photos on your computer without using Onedrive right click...: Not a question. I had a hard time figuring out Windows 11 and am still learning as I go. I needed to save photos on my computer without using OneDrive for certain folders. I learned this option on my own and hope I am correct. To keep pictures/photos on your computer without...
  6. Right click keeps popping

Right click keeps popping: Right click menu keeps popping on windows 10 start menu, settings app and microsoft store. it's so frustrating Anyone can help me? : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-keeps-popping/ee93b756-a9c4-4fa2-aa59-5da6e7043ed9
  7. laptop keeps on right clicking + left click works as right click

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop keeps on right clicking + left click works as right click: hey... i've been really frustrated for the past few days. my laptop has been right clicking on it's own since a few days ago and i also noticed that the left click works the same as the right click. it just keeps on showing the menu thing even though i don't press anything. i...
  8. Unable to right click on pictures or files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to right click on pictures or files: With the latest update for Windows 10 I can no longer right click on pictures or folders. When i do I receive the spinning circle that does not stop. when I click on the desktop I receive a white screen...
  9. Can't right-click pictures on desktop...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't right-click pictures on desktop...: Hi! I can right-click any kind of file that I have stored on my desktop and get the fuill contextual menu, except for picture files. Whe I try on one of these, the focus is immediately lost. Only on some very rare occasions can I get the menu to show up. Has anyone got an...
  10. Right Click - Edit - Keep Using This App

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click - Edit - Keep Using This App: How do I fix this, I reset my preference to edit images with my preferred image editing program with the registry editor, after failing to locate anywhere in windows how to set my preferences for image editing, and now this pops up, and doesn't even include my preferred image...