Windows 10: "Not a valid Path"

Discus and support "Not a valid Path" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use Win10. In order to access some shared resources on the corporate network, I open a VPN channel to the network, and I have several shared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by vistauser111, Apr 25, 2020.

1. "Not a valid Path"

I use Win10. In order to access some shared resources on the corporate network, I open a VPN channel to the network, and I have several shared resources.

When I start up my computer and try to open a database on a shared server also happens with Excel and Word files, I get an error message the the path to the file "is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides"

When I open "This PC", I often see the shared drive indeed with a red X not connected, but when I double click it, it nevertheless opens and I can see the folders and files.

This is then typically sufficient to resolve the error message. Once I have opened the drive in explorer, I can go back to the application and open the file from within the application.

Why is that? Is there a way around that?

:)

vistauser111, Apr 25, 2020

2. Add a path to $PATH?

what exactly do you need to decipher about that path line? also, what are you installing? perhaps i can help.

Easy Rhino, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Add a path to $PATH?

Yeah, I think you're right. I think the purpose of the echo command was to check if ~/bin was in the $PATH file. My problem is that I can't decipher the output and I don't know how to add ~/bin to the $PATH file.

Just for clarification, the snippet of instructions I gave is just a few steps in the installation process. Nothing is actually supposed to be installed with those steps.

Thanks for the reply.

angelkiller, Apr 25, 2020
  4. "Not a valid Path"

Windows 10 file path on screensaver

Hi Claire,

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on a particular picture.
    • Select the option Properties, look for the path “Location”.
    Note: New Windows version it is mention as Location instead of File path.

Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

"Not a valid Path"

1. "Not a valid Path" - Similar Threads - valid Path

2. My Ethernet shows it doesnt have a valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Ethernet shows it doesnt have a valid IP configuration: My PC was working fine the previous night but was suddenly showing this error when i boot it up. At first it was both the WIFI and LAN cable but after restarting the WIFI works fine. The LAN side is still showing problemsI have restarted the router, typed the CMD commands but...
  3. My Ethernet shows it doesnt have a valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Ethernet shows it doesnt have a valid IP configuration: My PC was working fine the previous night but was suddenly showing this error when i boot it up. At first it was both the WIFI and LAN cable but after restarting the WIFI works fine. The LAN side is still showing problemsI have restarted the router, typed the CMD commands but...
  4. My Ethernet shows it doesnt have a valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. DISM refuses to complete RestoreHealth even with a valid source.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM refuses to complete RestoreHealth even with a valid source.: Have tried all suggested methods from various sources.. Start with DISM /ScanHealth command which completed and returned a 'repairable' result, and then tried the /RestoreHealth, which had the error 0x800f081f source not found.Then performed the DISM command...
  6. DISM refuses to complete RestoreHealth even with a valid source.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM refuses to complete RestoreHealth even with a valid source.: Have tried all suggested methods from various sources.. Start with DISM /ScanHealth command which completed and returned a 'repairable' result, and then tried the /RestoreHealth, which had the error 0x800f081f source not found.Then performed the DISM command...
  7. Problem with Shortcut "Specfied in the target path is not Valid"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Shortcut "Specfied in the target path is not Valid": I need to copy a new shortcut to Users PC. I am trying to create the shortcut on my PC but I do not have the program installed. "Office 2016 Standard x86" . I have O365 installed.Windows will not let me create a shortcut to a path that does not exist.yes i could create on...
  8. Problem with Shortcut "Specfied in the target path is not Valid"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Shortcut "Specfied in the target path is not Valid": I need to copy a new shortcut to Users PC. I am trying to create the shortcut on my PC but I do not have the program installed. "Office 2016 Standard x86" . I have O365 installed.Windows will not let me create a shortcut to a path that does not exist.yes i could create on...
  9. Problem with Shortcut "Specfied in the target path is not Valid"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. The Path Specified for the File Outlook.pst is not valid

in Windows 10 News
    The Path Specified for the File Outlook.pst is not valid: [ATTACH]Microsoft Outlook is the most popular email client on Windows computers by far, but […] This article The Path Specified for the File Outlook.pst is not valid first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...