Windows 10: Not able to access action center.

Discus and support Not able to access action center. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; HI, I AM MOHAN. I AM USING THE LATEST VERSION OF WINDOWSVERSION 2004 MY ACTION CENTER IS NOT WORKING AND IF I PRESS THE ICON IT STANDS FOR 3 SECONDS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by S.MOHANAKUMAR, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Not able to access action center.

HI, I AM MOHAN.

I AM USING THE LATEST VERSION OF WINDOWSVERSION 2004

MY ACTION CENTER IS NOT WORKING AND IF I PRESS THE ICON IT STANDS FOR 3 SECONDS AND THEN VANISHES OFF.

Not able to access action center. 6c2f1a08-f952-42f7-8e46-247f0648be60?upload=true.png

THIS IS HOW IT APPEARS. PLEASE SUGGEST A WAY TO REPAIR IT.

THANK YOU.

:)

S.MOHANAKUMAR, Aug 6, 2020
  2. Sharief K Win User

Action Center

Hi,

Let's follow these steps to disable action center:

• Click on Start, type notifications in the search box.
    • In the list, select notifications & action settings.
    • On the right side, click on turn system icons on or off.
    • Turn off action center from there.
    Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Aug 6, 2020
  3. BK3366 Win User
    Help with Action Center

I've read through the thread you referred me to from above.

Step 1:

• Open the Start menu, type Turn system icons on or off in the search bar and click on Turn system icons on or off from the search bar results.

• Turn the Action center on.
    I ended up having to go in through settings to look at the above suggestion. When I typed it in the Start menu it took me to the internet. After that this popped up on me with notification. BUT, Action Center is on.

Not able to access action center. a57c0336-4c1f-4471-9be5-c75258c3f683.jpg

No clue on that at all. I think that's something else from me being sent to the internet while checking to see if Action Center is On or not.

I looked at the second suggestion and I've already ran two of these scans. Or I'm I reading the suggestion wrong. Do I type all of that in at once and not hit enter? Or are all of these separate scans?

Step 2:

Follow the below steps and check whether you are able to access Action center.

1. Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.

2. Click File > Run New Task.

3. Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”.

4. Type CMD.

5. Type all the following four commands one by one at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

6.Close the CMD window.

I do appreciate all of this help. Thank you.

BK3366, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Not able to access action center.

No Access to Action center Windows 10

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community

We appreciate that you have tried some basic troubleshooting steps.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1:

• Open the Start menu, type
      Turn system icons on or off in the search bar and click on Turn system icons on or off from the search bar results.

• Turn the Action center on.
    If the issue persist, follow the below step.

Step 2:

Follow the below steps and check whether you are able to access Action center.

1. Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.

2. Click File > Run New Task.

3. Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”.

4. Type CMD.

5. Type all the following four commands one by one at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

6.Close the CMD window.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Not able to access action center.

1. Not able to access action center. - Similar Threads - able access action

2. Action Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action Center: I have windows 10. When I click on the icon in the lower right corner for the action center nothing happens. If I try to open it nothing happens. If I reboot sometimes it will work for a few days and then stop or it won't work at all....
  3. Action Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action Center: In Action Center, it says Windows Defender, needs to scan my computer, but it won't scan. I can not even find it listed in my Uninstall List. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center/d97c18d1-e9af-41b4-931c-117f709f1f83
  4. Action Center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Action Center: Windows Defender, in Action Center, will not scan. I can not find it listed in my Uninstall programs. Anyway to fix it, to scan, or how can I uninstall it? Thanks for any help....
  5. Action Center

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action Center: Hi. I want Action Center to show more than 20 notifications. Any idea on how to achieve that? Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/fromaoo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gp87pe/action_center/
  6. The Action Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Action Center: The Action Center Icon won`t open I've tried every thing I could think of any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-action-center/62bfac61-f286-497b-b6ee-2924c5f2114b
  7. action center

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    action center: what is action center on win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center/ab0de665-0bdb-4c2a-90ae-e875c89ecd6e
  8. action center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    action center: What do I do? It shows that I have a notification but when I click into it blank How do I fix this ? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center/b74e9a83-d6ae-404c-96ad-cb89e2845df5"
  9. action center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    action center: The action center icon indicates 'actions recommended' but when I open the security center I have green checks next to all categories with the notation 'no actions needed' but the icon says I have a problem and won't go away....
  10. Action Center

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center: How to remove those annoying "back up files" notifications in action center when I already use an external drive 22593