Windows 10: Not able to access Display Adapter Settings

Discus and support Not able to access Display Adapter Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have trying to access my display settings but I am getting an error "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Michael Manlapaz, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Not able to access Display Adapter Settings

I have trying to access my display settings but I am getting an error "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item"I am logged in as an administrator.

:)

Michael Manlapaz, Jul 18, 2021

2. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 18, 2021
  3. Win10 doesn't know my (compatible) display adapter

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below:

Method 1: Run the hardware and devices

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall display adapter.

Follow the steps to update the display adapter:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Double-click on the Display Adapter.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall the Display adapter from the Manufacturer's Website and see if it helps.
    Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jul 18, 2021
  4. Not able to access Display Adapter Settings

Microsoft Display Adapter not getting connected to PC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

I would suggest that you follow the steps below and check if you can find the adapter in Device Manager.

1. Right click on the Start Menu and then click on Device Manager.

2. From the list of Hardware, find the Microsoft Display Adapter and check if you can find the device in question.

I would also suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in the first link and check if it helps.

Vanessa

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 18, 2021
Thema:

Not able to access Display Adapter Settings

1. Not able to access Display Adapter Settings - Similar Threads - able access Display

2. Not able to access network settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to access network settings: No options show up when I try to connect to a new network and whenever I go into the windows settings to try and fix it, the app crashes or doesn’t open. Same thing happens when I try the network and sharing center in the control panel....
  3. Not able to access network settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to access network settings: No options show up when I try to connect to a new network and whenever I go into the windows settings to try and fix it, the app crashes or doesn’t open. Same thing happens when I try the network and sharing center in the control panel....
  4. not able to access onedrive settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not able to access onedrive settings: as menitoned in the forums going to cloud icon in taskbar > help and settings > settings does not work for me as the settings option doesnt get highlighted when i hover over it i.e. isnt available/ not accessible idk how else to say that what should i do?...
  5. not able to access onedrive settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not able to access onedrive settings: as menitoned in the forums going to cloud icon in taskbar > help and settings > settings does not work for me as the settings option doesnt get highlighted when i hover over it i.e. isnt available/ not accessible idk how else to say that what should i do?...
  6. not able to access onedrive settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Accidentally changed Display Adapter settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accidentally changed Display Adapter settings: I have Lenovo IdeaPad that originally came with Windows 7. I recently installedwindows 10. Since I was facing an issue with the graphics card driver I accidentally changed the Display Adapter fromMicrosoft Basic Display Adapter to Nvidia Legacy Device. I thought that this...
  8. Revert Display Adapter Settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Revert Display Adapter Settings?: Hello All, As I am now working from home the next month or so I connected additional monitors to my work laptop so I'd have more screens. Everything was fine except the one screen was overfilled. When I changed the aspect ratio for this one monitor within the Windows...
  9. TURN OFF THE ADAPTIVE DISPLAY SETTINGS.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TURN OFF THE ADAPTIVE DISPLAY SETTINGS.: Many of us are experiencing the screen dimming due to the adaptive display setting in windows 10. Rather than following complicate procedures aimed at disabling this option, I found that simply going into DEVICE MANAGER-->SENSORS-->AMBIENT LIGHT...
  10. Adaptive Display Brightness Setting Gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adaptive Display Brightness Setting Gone: Hello, I have a Windows Surface Pro 6. The latest Windows 10 update eliminated the Advanced Power Setting option to disable adaptive display brightness. How do I turn off the feature? I don't want my screen to auto-dim/brighten. Thanks - JRR...