Windows 10: Not able to access other PCs on our home network

Discus and support Not able to access other PCs on our home network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Been having problems since Homegroup was eliminated. On our home network we have four devices connected. One of the devices (Surface Book) is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by johnandjulie13, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Not able to access other PCs on our home network

Been having problems since Homegroup was eliminated. On our home network we have four devices connected. One of the devices (Surface Book) is not able to access the files on the other three devices (Surface Laptop, Surface Pro 5, and a desktop machine). These other three devices are able to access the files on the Surface Book. All devices are running Win 10 Home 64 bit. Any suggestion on what to do with the Surface Book to correct this problem?

:)

johnandjulie13, Nov 12, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 12, 2018
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Nov 12, 2018
  4. oily_17 Win User

Not able to access other PCs on our home network

Home network

Did you try this

Just a stab in the dark really...

oily_17, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

Not able to access other PCs on our home network

1. Not able to access other PCs on our home network - Similar Threads - able access PCs

2. Am able to access/share some drives between PCs, but not others??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Am able to access/share some drives between PCs, but not others??: I am trying to access drives (D:\, E:\ etc) on my Win10 Pro (home use) PC from a PC running Win7. Oddly (seems to me anyway) if I select the Win10 desktop from the Win7 PC network page, I can open it and access/copy/edit/save files. Same with one or two other paths, such as...
  3. Set up access to drives in other PCs on the network?

Set up access to drives in other PCs on the network?: What are the steps I need to take to set up access to drives in other PCs on the network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-access-to-drives-in-other-pcs-on-the/dcd0f86b-ae0e-44fc-b10c-5cc4b2cec846
  4. Other PCs on my Network???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Other PCs on my Network???: Hi guys, I've looked at my Network (This PC>Network) and have seen two other PC/Desktops that I don't recognise. What could this be and how can I find out? All help is appreciated! Thanks. submitted by /u/yeebaa [link] [comments]...
  5. Home Networking – Windows cannot access \\PCs name

Home Networking – Windows cannot access \\PCs name: Hi, I am back on this forum again with the same problem and start to wonder if Windows updates change my settings without notifying me. Hence, I have 4 PCs on my Home network and they all share the same Workgroup name. However they are configured as follow: ·...
  6. Share PCs wifi internet with other PCs on the network

Share PCs wifi internet with other PCs on the network: I have an unusual situation as I only have mobile hotspot at the moment, I have 2 PCs which are on a network router, but only one has a wifi dongle to connect to the mobile hotspot. Is that anyway I can share the internet with the other PC on the network through the one...
  7. Home network - can't get all PCs to see each other

Home network - can't get all PCs to see each other: I have a home network with 2 PCs (C & B) and 2 laptops (C & D) all running Windows 10 with latest update. Using File Explorer - Network - A can see B & self (A) B can see A & self (B) C can see A & B but not self (C) D can see A & B and self (D) but not C A can see and...
  8. Other PCs on home network only show as media devices

Other PCs on home network only show as media devices: We used to have shares setup between the 4 computers on our home network. After the last update, the PCs only show up and connect as Media Devices. I can no longer access folders and files between computers. How can I fix this?...
  9. Accessing other pc's on home network.

Accessing other pc's on home network.: I have 2 pc's running windows 10 pro, on my main pc File Explorer shows my 2 pc's in network but I can't connect with my second pc everytime, it always shows in file explorer but 95% of the time I get an error message, , Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found,...
  10. Unable To access Others PCs On the Network

Unable To access Others PCs On the Network: Unable to access Pcs on my network , please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/unable-to-access-others-pcs-on-the-network/3944667c-3995-41d0-83a4-e2a009f9b011