Windows 10: Not able to access the internet with some programs

Discus and support Not able to access the internet with some programs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I`ve been having a strange issue on my Windows 10 computer. I am not able to access the internet with some programs, such as: Tunnel Bear VPN,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mvalmaggia, May 26, 2020.

1. Not able to access the internet with some programs

Hello, I`ve been having a strange issue on my Windows 10 computer. I am not able to access the internet with some programs, such as: Tunnel Bear VPN, Rockstar Games Launcher, Netflix app, Oracle Virtual Box, etc.

I tried disabling Firewall, resetting it, reset ip4 netsh commands, nothing helped.

So I was wondering if someone could help me with this issue, thank you.

:)

mvalmaggia, May 26, 2020

2. Unable to access internet with certain programs

I have a Compaq Presario CQ62 running Windows 10. I am unable to access the internet with a couple programs. I downloaded the update from Windows 7 to 10. Everything runs fine but HP's support program and Print Shop V22.

I googled the problem and tried some of the suggestions listed, but I still can't access the internet. I am using Firefox and it connects fine along with Norton Internet Security. Any suggestions?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Ease of access]

JamesWiker, May 26, 2020
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    Window 10 update has blocked some programs access to the internet.

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

The programs may not able to access the Internet due to an issue with the Windows Sockets API which is a technical specification that defines how the Windows Network software should access the network services, especially TCP/IP.

Please follow the below steps to perform a Winsock reset:

1. Right click on the Windows icon at the bottom left corner of your screen.
    2. Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    3. Type ‘netsh winsock reset’ and press enter.
    4. Restart the system and check if the programs are able to access the internet.

You can also follow the steps in this
    article
    to fix the network connection issues in Windows.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, May 26, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

Not able to access the internet with some programs

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Not able to access the internet with some programs

1. Not able to access the internet with some programs - Similar Threads - able access internet

2. programs except for browsers cant seem to able to access internet , programs like steam,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    programs except for browsers cant seem to able to access internet , programs like steam,...: this same type of question has been once in 2020 for windows 10, it wasnt completely solved it has been happening to me too, i've tried all the solutions listed over there and nothing seems to work. please someone with an actual solution help me.programs like steam, ubisoft...
  3. programs except for browsers cant seem to able to access internet , programs like steam,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    programs except for browsers cant seem to able to access internet , programs like steam,...: this same type of question has been once in 2020 for windows 10, it wasnt completely solved it has been happening to me too, i've tried all the solutions listed over there and nothing seems to work. please someone with an actual solution help me.programs like steam, ubisoft...
  4. Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.: This issue is driving me up the wall.A number of unrelated programs on my PC have little or no internet connectivity, while others are absolutely fine.- This issue seems to have appeared out of nowhere, I haven't changed any settings recently on my PC.- My browsers, Chrome...
  5. Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.: This issue is driving me up the wall.A number of unrelated programs on my PC have little or no internet connectivity, while others are absolutely fine.- This issue seems to have appeared out of nowhere, I haven't changed any settings recently on my PC.- My browsers, Chrome...
  6. Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Some programs, also Windows Update, randomly can't access to internet

Some programs, also Windows Update, randomly can't access to internet: Win ver 1909 build 18363.778 Since 2 days ago, my assembled PC with Windows 10 randomly decides what program or service will be able to access the internet. That's how it started: After loading firefox I noticed that the browser didn't access any page, as if there was no...
  8. Have internet access, but some programs don't think I'm online

Have internet access, but some programs don't think I'm online: I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v1909, and I went to update Origin, and it keeps saying I don't have internet access, but I do, if I managed to connect to this site and type this message. I was even playing WoW online while trying to figure this out. Windows 10 says "No...
  9. Window 10 update has blocked some programs access to the internet.

Window 10 update has blocked some programs access to the internet.: Latest update of windows 10 is blocking access to the internet to programs; such as Solidworks, Auto Cad. How do I rectify that? Also Google is blocked from the internet. It is like Microsoft has become like a malware that restricts your use of your own computer! What the...
  10. Internet is connected but some programs denied

Internet is connected but some programs denied: Steam (steam needs to be online to update. Please confirm your network connection and try again). The McAfee program also cannot run after download as there is an internet connection problem. I also have same problem with garena plus. Besides, I am unable to download...