Windows 10: Not able to activate Win10 after Motherboard replacement, no digital license linked to my...

Discus and support Not able to activate Win10 after Motherboard replacement, no digital license linked to my... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I upgraded from Win 7 Ultimate purchased software during the free upgrade period. I did not have presence of mind to link the digital license code to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GuentherWimmer, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Not able to activate Win10 after Motherboard replacement, no digital license linked to my...

I upgraded from Win 7 Ultimate purchased software during the free upgrade period. I did not have presence of mind to link the digital license code to my MS account (seldom used nuisance). Recently I was forced to replace the Motherboard of my PC due to hardware failure. I am unable to activate Win10 on this Motherboard, did all the troubleshoot nonsense and more to no avail. Any help would be appreciated, would like to avoid MS Phone contact.

:)

GuentherWimmer, Sep 3, 2019

2. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

Not able to activate Win10 after Motherboard replacement, no digital license linked to my... [​IMG]

MCardona81, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

Hello govindchandra, and welcome to Ten Forums. Not able to activate Win10 after Motherboard replacement, no digital license linked to my... :)

Yes. If you have previously linked your digital license on the PC with your MSA, then you will be able to change the motherboard on the same PC and use the Activation troubleshooter (if needed) to activate the PC.

If this is an OEM license, then you may not be able to activate with the new motherboard since OEM licenses are usually not transferable.

Brink, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Not able to activate Win10 after Motherboard replacement, no digital license linked to my...

Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

Hello MCardona81, Not able to activate Win10 after Motherboard replacement, no digital license linked to my... :)

The digital license will automatically be linked when you sign in to Windows 10 with your Microsoft account.

At step 2, what does it show for you in Activation on the right side?

Brink, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Not able to activate Win10 after Motherboard replacement, no digital license linked to my...

1. Not able to activate Win10 after Motherboard replacement, no digital license linked to my... - Similar Threads - able activate Win10

2. Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard: Hello,I purchased a Windows 7 Pro license in the form of a sticker and installed it on my computer. However, now the motherboard of the computer is damaged, and I replaced it with a similar one same model. Can I use the sticker for the damaged motherboard to activate the new...
  3. Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard: Hello,I purchased a Windows 7 Pro license in the form of a sticker and installed it on my computer. However, now the motherboard of the computer is damaged, and I replaced it with a similar one same model. Can I use the sticker for the damaged motherboard to activate the new...
  4. Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard replacement with digital license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard replacement with digital license: Here is the detailed description of the problem:PC was built by me in 2011. Windows 7 Pro purchased retail version was installedproduct key was used and Windows activatedMachine was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro via the 2015 free upgrade offer.Digital license was created by...
  5. Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard replacement with digital license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard replacement with digital license: Here is the detailed description of the problem:PC was built by me in 2011. Windows 7 Pro purchased retail version was installedproduct key was used and Windows activatedMachine was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro via the 2015 free upgrade offer.Digital license was created by...
  6. Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard replacement with digital license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Digital License activation failure after PC replacement

Digital License activation failure after PC replacement: I did study this topic in advance of replacing my PC, in anticipation of this very issue. My old PC still working says it is Activated with 'Win 10 Pro'. "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account." The MS online documentation says I just...
  8. Windows 10 Home unable to activate digital license after replacing motherboard 0xC004F213

Windows 10 Home unable to activate digital license after replacing motherboard 0xC004F213: I have a laptop I built myself and purchased a Windows 10 Home digital license a few years back. [ATTACH] Any upgrade I have done over the years, has been met with a simple logging in with my Windows account to the machine and it activates. Now however, it seems my...
  9. Activation w/digital license linked to MS Account after motherboard change

Activation w/digital license linked to MS Account after motherboard change: Hi, Yesterday I received new motherboard. My current Windows 10 Pro is w/digital license linked to MS account. I am one of the participants of the Windows Insider Program. My question is, because I need to reinstall my Windows complete and to prepare for my work, do I...
  10. Windows 10 Digital Access Not Activating After Replacing Motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Digital Access Not Activating After Replacing Motherboard: I have a copy of Windows 10 Home, that I got for free via the upgrade program when Windows 10 came out. I kept my digital entitlement key info written down just in case I ever needed it. I've recently had to replace both my motherboard and my GPU on my computer (but not my...