Windows 10: Not able to activate Win10 after Motherboard replacement, no digital license linked to my...

Discus and support Not able to activate Win10 after Motherboard replacement, no digital license linked to my... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I upgraded from Win 7 Ultimate purchased software during the free upgrade period. I did not have presence of mind to link the digital license code to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GuentherWimmer, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Not able to activate Win10 after Motherboard replacement, no digital license linked to my...

I upgraded from Win 7 Ultimate purchased software during the free upgrade period. I did not have presence of mind to link the digital license code to my MS account (seldom used nuisance). Recently I was forced to replace the Motherboard of my PC due to hardware failure. I am unable to activate Win10 on this Motherboard, did all the troubleshoot nonsense and more to no avail. Any help would be appreciated, would like to avoid MS Phone contact.

:)

GuentherWimmer, Sep 3, 2019

2. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

Not able to activate Win10 after Motherboard replacement, no digital license linked to my... [​IMG]

MCardona81, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

Hello govindchandra, and welcome to Ten Forums. Not able to activate Win10 after Motherboard replacement, no digital license linked to my... :)

Yes. If you have previously linked your digital license on the PC with your MSA, then you will be able to change the motherboard on the same PC and use the Activation troubleshooter (if needed) to activate the PC.

If this is an OEM license, then you may not be able to activate with the new motherboard since OEM licenses are usually not transferable.

Brink, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Not able to activate Win10 after Motherboard replacement, no digital license linked to my...

Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

Hello MCardona81, Not able to activate Win10 after Motherboard replacement, no digital license linked to my... :)

The digital license will automatically be linked when you sign in to Windows 10 with your Microsoft account.

At step 2, what does it show for you in Activation on the right side?

Brink, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Not able to activate Win10 after Motherboard replacement, no digital license linked to my...

1. Not able to activate Win10 after Motherboard replacement, no digital license linked to my... - Similar Threads - able activate Win10

2. Windows 10 Digital Access Not Activating After Replacing Motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Digital Access Not Activating After Replacing Motherboard: I have a copy of Windows 10 Home, that I got for free via the upgrade program when Windows 10 came out. I kept my digital entitlement key info written down just in case I ever needed it. I've recently had to replace both my motherboard and my GPU on my computer (but not my...
  3. Activate Windows 10 after motherboard Replacement

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows 10 after motherboard Replacement: My old PC failed so I put my hard drive into another PC. Upon booting I get a message to "Activate Windows". My original installation was done online so I don't have Product Key so how do I resolve this without having to buy a new copy?...
  4. "unable to activate Windows" with digital license linked to account

"unable to activate Windows" with digital license linked to account: Hi! So I recently changed hardware (new motherboard, processor and RAM) and had to reinstall Windows. Before resetting I linked my digital license to my Microsoft account so I could reactivate it after the reset. So I reset my PC, log in and try the activation...
  5. Invalid Digital License after motherboard change.

Invalid Digital License after motherboard change.: Hello Community. I've recently experienced various PC issues with a previous Rig of mine and decided to put together a new and moved my Hard Drive over to the new motherboard. After further troubleshooting, BSODs, and Resetting the PC out of frustration to get a clean...
  6. Windows Activation after Motherboard Replacement - How

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Activation after Motherboard Replacement - How: Hi all, I had hardware issues with my desktop so replaced the Motherboard. Issues fixed but now cannot reactivate Windows 10 Home. Any ideas?...
  7. Windows activation issue after motherboard replacement

Windows activation issue after motherboard replacement: I replaced my pc's motherboard today. After first boot I found that my pc was not activated anymore. By mistake I also deleted my old device registration from my windows account. Now I can't activate using my old product key. Please advice. Thanks...
  8. Windows 10 not activating after motherboard replacement.

Windows 10 not activating after motherboard replacement.: Hello. My old motherboard failed on me and after replacing it windows 10 will not activate. I have a digital windows 10 license for this machine. Is there anything I can do? Error code 0x803F7001...
  9. Windows activation lost after replacing motherboard

Windows activation lost after replacing motherboard: So I'm asking here because I can't actually put in a support ticket because the windows site is shit. I had to replace a motherboard and now my windows is saying it's not a legitimate copy despite the fact that I HAVE paid for it. It was in a bundle build and I do not have...
  10. Activation and digital licensing

Activation and digital licensing: I have a Toshiba Satellite A200 purchased with windows Vista Pre-installed. This was replaced with a purchased version of windows 7 and then with windows 8 also purchased both activated by the 25 digit product key that came with the product in the normal fashion. Windows 8...