Windows 10: Not able to activate windows 10 after a failed hard disk containing windows 7

Discus and support Not able to activate windows 10 after a failed hard disk containing windows 7 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My laptop hard disk containing fully activated windows 7 starter edition not previously upgraded to windows 10 but now start showing imminent smart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dr Shelomi.., Jun 27, 2020.

1. Not able to activate windows 10 after a failed hard disk containing windows 7

My laptop hard disk containing fully activated windows 7 starter edition not previously upgraded to windows 10 but now start showing imminent smart hard disk failure was change to a new hard disk but now with windows 10 pro installed. I am trying activating the new windows 10 pro using the product key of the windows 7 starter edition which fail to activate automatically following Start>Settings >update and security >activation and troubleshooting but showing Error code 0xc004f050. I couldn't upgrade the windows 7 in the previous hard disk since it is already going bad.

What can I do now to get this fixed

:)

Dr Shelomi.., Jun 27, 2020

2. Not able to activate windows 10 after a failed hard disk containing windows 7

My laptop hard disk containing fully activated windows 7 starter edition not previously upgraded to windows 10 but now start showing imminent smart hard disk failure was change to a new hard disk but now with windows 10 pro installed. I am trying activating
    the new windows 10 pro using the product key of the windows 7 starter edition which fail to activate automatically following Start>Settings >update and security >activation and troubleshooting but showing Error code 0xc004f050. I couldn't upgrade the windows
    7 in the previous hard disk since it is already going bad.

Dr Shelomi.., Aug 6, 2020
  3. Not able to activate windows 10 after a failed hard disk containing windows 7

My laptop hard disk containing fully activated windows 7 starter edition not previously upgraded to windows 10 but now start showing imminent smart hard disk failure was change to a new hard disk but now with windows 10 pro installed. I am trying activating
    the new windows 10 pro using the product key of the windows 7 starter edition which fail to activate automatically following Start>Settings >update and security >activation and troubleshooting but showing Error code 0xc004f050. I couldn't upgrade the windows
    7 in the previous hard disk since it is already going bad.

Dr Shelomi.., Aug 6, 2020
  4. Not able to activate windows 10 after a failed hard disk containing windows 7

Not able to activate windows 10 after a failed hard disk containing windows 7

Your hard drive with Windows 7 installed failed.

So you put in a new hard drive and clean installed 10.

But 10 does not activate when using the Windows 7 product key.

Microsoft explains that error code for you:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10738/windows-10-get-help-with-activation-errors

[table][tr][td]0xC004C060, 0xC004C4A2, 0xC004C4A2, 0x803FA067L, 0xC004C001, 0xC004C004, 0xC004F004, 0xC004C007, 0xC004F005, 0xC004C00F, 0xC004C010, 0xC004C00E, 0xC004C4A4, 0xC004C4A5, 0xC004B001, 0xC004F010,0xC004F050[/td][td]Reasons why you might see these errors:
    • You entered a product key that can't be used to activate Windows. Enter a different product key or buy a new product key.
    • You upgraded to Windows 10, but the activation servers were busy. If you upgraded from an activated copy ofWindows 7 or Windows 8.1, your copy ofWindows 10 will be automatically activated, or you can wait a while and then selectActivate. If you continue to have problems with activation, contact customer support.
    • You upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer, butWindows 10 isn't activated after a reinstall. Your copy ofWindows 10 should automatically be activated as long as you didn't make any significant hardware changes to your device (such as replacing the motherboard). If you continue to have problems with activation, contactcustomer support.
    [/td][/tr][/table]

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

You may or may not still get 10 for free.

The free ***upgrade*** to Windows 10 offer from Microsoft expired on the 29th July, 2016.

You will have to
    contact MS support
    and they may be able to assist you with a free upgrade to 10..

Also read this information:

All the Ways You Can Still Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

Here's how you can still get a free Windows 10 upgrade | ZDNet

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Bill Smithers, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Not able to activate windows 10 after a failed hard disk containing windows 7

1. Not able to activate windows 10 after a failed hard disk containing windows 7 - Similar Threads - able activate failed

2. windows activation after hard disk change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows activation after hard disk change: Hi there, I am trying to change expand my Hard disk space so I got a new SSD I tried installing windows 11 pro and activate it through my Microsoft store account It's not activating it so I am back to my old hard disk. if anyone can help with issues, I really appreciate...
  3. windows activation after hard disk change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows activation after hard disk change: Hi there, I am trying to change expand my Hard disk space so I got a new SSD I tried installing windows 11 pro and activate it through my Microsoft store account It's not activating it so I am back to my old hard disk. if anyone can help with issues, I really appreciate...
  4. Not able to activate and update Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to activate and update Windows 7: When trying to activate Windows 7, I get an error message with the error code, 0x80072F8F. I've tried solutions from the internet, but nothing worked. Also Windows update is not working, and exits with the error code, 80072EFE. Tried possible solutions but nothing worked....
  5. Not able to activate and update Windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to activate and update Windows 7: When trying to activate Windows 7, I get an error message with the error code, 0x80072F8F. I've tried solutions from the internet, but nothing worked. Also Windows update is not working, and exits with the error code, 80072EFE. Tried possible solutions but nothing worked....
  6. Not able to activate Windows 10 Home version after change in hardware Hard Disk Crash

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not able to activate Windows 10 Home version after change in hardware Hard Disk Crash: Hello everyone!Around 2011, I had purchased a HP42 series laptop with Window 7 pre-loaded and having a valid license key, which is available with me. I opted for a free upgrade to Windows 10 offered by Microsoft during the initial days of launch. I didn't bother to note down...
  7. Windows Activation After a Hard Disk Change

Windows Activation After a Hard Disk Change: Today I got my hard disk changed and cannot activate Windows 10 after that. I get the error code 0xC004F213 although my device is seemingly connected to my Microsoft account. I tried to re-enter the product key but the key on the CD I got from the retailer doesn't work - it...
  8. Windows 10 reinstallation after failed windows 7 hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 reinstallation after failed windows 7 hard drive: When the free upgrade became available I cloned my mechanical hard drive that was windows 7. I then disconnected that original windows hard drive and replaced it with the newly cloned windows 7 drive in a SSD version and then upgraded that to windows 10. That worked...
  9. window activation after hard disk change

window activation after hard disk change: i have just recently upgraded to SSD fro HDD and my and the service provider has install window 10 pro Not activated but i have digital license for window 10 home.So now window is not activated. how can i downgrade my window pro ta home...
  10. Activation of Windows 10 after changing Hard disk.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Activation of Windows 10 after changing Hard disk.: Hi, My Acer laptop is as old as introduction of windows 8. When I bought it was loaded with Windows 7 Home edition. When Windows 8 was introduced, I purchased Windows 8 pro on line & installed it. That time it was activated on line. As and when new editions were introduced...