Windows 10: Not able to activate.

Discus and support Not able to activate. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, so recently I had to do a complete factory reset of my laptop. I've done it before with no issues. This time however, it won't let me activate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jess19-67, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Jess19-67 Win User

Not able to activate.

Hi, so recently I had to do a complete factory reset of my laptop. I've done it before with no issues. This time however, it won't let me activate Windows and when I go to the troubleshooting page it just says that they weren't able to activate Windows. When I try to go to the store from the Troubleshoot page it says that something happened and they couldn't make a make of your Windows genuine. I've tried everything and I have no idea what to do. If anyone knows anything about this it would be very appreciated!

:)

Jess19-67, Jan 31, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Not able to activate.

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Not able to activate.

1. Not able to activate. - Similar Threads - able activate

2. I just purchased Windows Pro upgrade and I am not able to activate it. I am trying to get...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just purchased Windows Pro upgrade and I am not able to activate it. I am trying to get...: I just purchased Windows Pro upgrade and I am not able to activate it. When I click on my purchase history, it opens a new browser tab and says "We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found." I am trying to get my product key so I can activate the upgraded Windows 11...
  3. I just purchased Windows Pro upgrade and I am not able to activate it. I am trying to get...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just purchased Windows Pro upgrade and I am not able to activate it. I am trying to get...: I just purchased Windows Pro upgrade and I am not able to activate it. When I click on my purchase history, it opens a new browser tab and says "We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found." I am trying to get my product key so I can activate the upgraded Windows 11...
  4. i cant able to activate the windows 11 pro........from 1month its showing u have to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant able to activate the windows 11 pro........from 1month its showing u have to...: i cant able to activate the windows 11 pro........from 1month its showing u have to activate but i dont have any product key of that please solve my problem....
  5. i cant able to activate the windows 11 pro........from 1month its showing u have to...

i cant able to activate the windows 11 pro........from 1month its showing u have to...: i cant able to activate the windows 11 pro........from 1month its showing u have to activate but i dont have any product key of that please solve my problem....
  6. i am not able to activate my windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am not able to activate my windows 10 pro: i am not able to activate my windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-activate-my-windows-10-pro/26ec79f1-d6db-472b-a6e2-a29b1c573a4d
  7. i am not able to activate my windows 10 pro

i am not able to activate my windows 10 pro: i am not able to activate my windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-activate-my-windows-10-pro/26ec79f1-d6db-472b-a6e2-a29b1c573a4d
  8. i am not able to activate my windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  9. Will I be able to activate a clean install of Windows 11 using a Windows 8.1 motherboard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will I be able to activate a clean install of Windows 11 using a Windows 8.1 motherboard...: Hello,I'd like to know if I will be able to activate a clean install of Windows 11 on a laptop with preinstalled Windows 8.1 that was later upgraded to Windows 10 using the laptop's Windows 8.1 motherboard key?Second, if the Windows 11 would fail The laptop can't officially*...
  10. Will I be able to activate a clean install of Windows 11 using a Windows 8.1 motherboard...

Will I be able to activate a clean install of Windows 11 using a Windows 8.1 motherboard...: Hello,I'd like to know if I will be able to activate a clean install of Windows 11 on a laptop with preinstalled Windows 8.1 that was later upgraded to Windows 10 using the laptop's Windows 8.1 motherboard key?Second, if the Windows 11 would fail The laptop can't officially*...